Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:54:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [joe is dead] http://findmeifyoucan.eu  (Read 7046 times)
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:51:37 AM

I am digging through the blockchain hold it for a few I may find you yet. Right now I am examining your Taint ewww.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
jasinlee

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:52:53 AM

Jazztel triple play service that your ISP?

nevermind I think that was a TOR routing.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
joe23 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:54:22 AM

Jazztel triple play service that your ISP?

nevermind I think that was a TOR routing.

yep, hopefully tor. Jazztel not my ISP.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:54:32 AM

The metadata would not helped much because the pic is made from screenshot not digital camera.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:56:00 AM

theymos is pissed at me and releases my PMs publicly.

In those PMs you can see me asking MysteryMiner wether he was one of the german guys wearing masks at the Conference in London.

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:58:02 AM

The metadata would not helped much because the pic is made from screenshot not digital camera.

well, who knows what screenshot tool puts in there? unix user info? could contain email-address, hostname, whatever.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:03:12 AM

well, who knows what screenshot tool puts in there? unix user info? could contain email-address, hostname, whatever.

"registration info" like MS Word does. But as long as the information is kept "generic" this will not help much. Some pedos were busted because they left metadata with GPS coordinates on homemade preteen pussy pictures and back in 90-ties some madman was caught because he sent floppy to police with word document that was registered to some church.

The metadata in electrum screenshot was a minor overlook but most likely it would not let us reveal who you are even if there was metadata.

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:08:46 AM

"registration info" like MS Word does. But as long as the information is kept "generic" this will not help much. Some pedos were busted because they left metadata with GPS coordinates on homemade preteen pussy pictures and back in 90-ties some madman was caught because he sent floppy to police with word document that was registered to some church.

The metadata in electrum screenshot was a minor overlook but most likely it would not let us reveal who you are even if there was metadata.

well, I'm not using a separate client machine for this. Merely a separate user on my day-to-day system. To be safer, it'd probably make sense to use a seperate machine and also block all non-tor traffic from that machine to make sure I don't accidentally go through public net.

One thing for example might be a problem: I use lastpass to manage joe23s identities and passwords for the services. I'm not entirely sure the lastpass addon follow my browsers proxy settings. Anyone know?
jasinlee

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:11:48 AM

Do you mine deepbit? So I can use that as a point of reference? Or can we ask questions?

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:18:22 AM

Do you mine deepbit? So I can use that as a point of reference? Or can we ask questions?

yes, you can ask questions. This is to simulate the case where I run some anonymous service but I still want to interface with people on bitcointalk, so I engage in discussion and will reveal bits of info.

To answer your question: no, I don't mine at all.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:19:08 AM

I would not use Lastpass. I manage my passwords locally using KeePass software.

Satoshi did good job hiding his identity. Nobody suspects that he is Casascius Cheesy

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:22:58 AM

I would not use Lastpass. I manage my passwords locally using KeePass software.

keepass seems to be windows-only Sad.

I'm not currently doing this, but "for real", I would probably use an encrypted /home/joe folder anyway, so I could just put a text-file with the login pws there.

However: lastpass (or any other password store that has a browser addon) is very convenient.

What are the specific problems with using lastpass?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:33:13 AM

keepass seems to be windows-only
The classic 1.x version was tested on Wine and it worked. According the 2.x version works under Mono but I have not tested that. So it is not exclusive to Windows.
Closed-source. You don't know if it works correctly or have no backdoors. It is suboptimal design for password storage. The synchronization is convenient but it is a tradeoff of security.

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:47:48 AM

keepass seems to be windows-only
The classic 1.x version was tested on Wine and it worked. According the 2.x version works under Mono but I have not tested that. So it is not exclusive to Windows.
Closed-source. You don't know if it works correctly or have no backdoors. It is suboptimal design for password storage. The synchronization is convenient but it is a tradeoff of security.

fuck wine Wink. Does keepass help with filling login forms in the browser? If not, a text file is just as good, right?

Are there better alternatives to lastpass?
joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:50:45 AM

MysteryMiner, I would like to give you a little token of appreciation for your great input. So if you want that, give me an address.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:53:37 AM

Yes it have autofiller and such features. Take a look for KeePassX that is a Linux version. The plaintext file with passwords is usable but if someone gains access to computer it can steal all passwords.

Anyway this is not a scope of this thread. The thing we need to know is that Joe uses Lastpass to manage the logins for the VPS.

My address is 1Aiq9FYv12GQjM9LeBHoNq9c3FfFaA4GTA
Thank You!

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:06:02 AM

Yes it have autofiller and such features. Take a look for KeePassX that is a Linux version. The plaintext file with passwords is usable but if someone gains access to computer it can steal all passwords.

Anyway this is not a scope of this thread. The thing we need to know is that Joe uses Lastpass to manage the logins for the VPS.

My address is 1Aiq9FYv12GQjM9LeBHoNq9c3FfFaA4GTA
Thank You!

sent you some.

lastpass of course I use not only for VPS, but also domain name service and tormail.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:29:00 AM

1B15JZGtHg4BvbzGdPGKZi7aunR4cpN5jE

Is mine, I checked through everything, the site has 2 open ports but it looks they are both on a host who takes btc so pretty fully anon there. Traces to it bring up ireland which means nothing really. You do however use "joe" which is a commonly used shortened name used in the USA so I would be inclined to think you are here. There is a way I think to find you through the block chain (but would be a huge pain in the ass) I started to do it but then I saw you mixed it more than once and said screw it not worth it. But I could total up the transactions received on the mix, add the % for the mix to that then look for the originator of that balance. (I think thats how the DEA is following people on SR)

joe23 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:44:33 AM

1B15JZGtHg4BvbzGdPGKZi7aunR4cpN5jE

Is mine, I checked through everything, the site has 2 open ports but it looks they are both on a host who takes btc so pretty fully anon there. Traces to it bring up ireland which means nothing really. You do however use "joe" which is a commonly used shortened name used in the USA so I would be inclined to think you are here. There is a way I think to find you through the block chain (but would be a huge pain in the ass) I started to do it but then I saw you mixed it more than once and said screw it not worth it. But I could total up the transactions received on the mix, add the % for the mix to that then look for the originator of that balance. (I think thats how the DEA is following people on SR)

sent some bitcents for your great effort so far.

Now for finding me through the blockchain: I cleaned the coins using SR. That means all inputs of transactions contributing positively to my balance are owned by SR.

I deposited a higher balance to SR from my private wallet than I withdrew to joes wallet to make same-amount-attacks a lot harder if not impossible. I waited between deposit and withdraw, making timing attacks harder, if not impossible. Safe?

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:46:38 AM

The address in UK is address of VPS hosting service. Even if that server is compromised and monitored Joe will be connecting it with Tor.

DEA using blockexplorer to follow transactions on blockchain? I could train a monkey to click these addresses with equal success and receive government paycheck.

Probably using blockchain.info to see origination IP address of transaction can possibly lead at least to Electrum server. If the server is not running as .onion address.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: