Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now PayPal accounts can be funded with Bitcoin  (Read 4700 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:09:02 PM

Hello guys,

I am the CEO of the mentioned company.

Yes this is real, and everything is checked with PayPal. From our side, there is no fee at all, only the standard fee that PayPal charges to someone receiving a payment on PayPal.

If you have any questions, I am happy to answer it.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:11:36 PM

Coinimal, a Vienna based company, now allowing PayPal EUR accounts to be funded with Bitcoin & NXT.

https://www.coinimal.com/trades/sell/paypal

I don't get this. How did they achieve this? Is this official support of PayPal to bitcoin, or is it done through some 3rd party method?
Why isn't PayPal accepting Bitcoin directly already? I want to be able to buy anything on ebay with Bitcoin, im tired of the PayPal bullshit.

You sell the Bitcoin on Coinimal and get a Euro transfer on PayPal. This is no direct implementation of Bitcoin in PayPal.

is this an early April fools joke? i'm not buying this story, there must be something wrong there, paypal and bitcoin can't work together

No april fools joke, its live and can be used already. PayPal hasn't integrated Bitcoin directly, if you thought  that.

I smell a scam

Why do you say this? We are a fully registered GmbH in Vienna, Austra and are fully compliant with all regulations. Also we are already in business for a year with thousands of happy customers!

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:14:43 PM

Tread carefully with this one, there will no doubt be some charges involved. 

I wouldn't even touch it if it would be for a free try out. But you're right people who wanna give it a try should read up on the small print.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:15:21 PM

Tread carefully with this one, there will no doubt be some charges involved. 

I wouldn't even touch it if it would be for a free try out. But you're right people who wanna give it a try should read up on the small print.

What exactly are you concerned with? I am happy to help solve those concerns.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:36:52 PM

Coinimal is very reputable so far in my opinion. It's a new exchange but with the old reputable member of this forum who is by the way also an escrow of this forum, TwinwinnerD.

I don't know how did they manage to get this working with PayPal but I can almost guarantee this is not a scam as some are suggesting in the thread.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:41:00 PM

Coinimal is very reputable so far in my opinion. It's a new exchange but with the old reputable member of this forum who is by the way also an escrow of this forum, TwinwinnerD.

I don't know how did they manage to get this working with PayPal but I can almost guarantee this is not a scam as some are suggesting in the thread.
I think it is a good thing. More options available to the consumer is progress.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:46:08 PM

Coinimal, a Vienna based company, now allowing PayPal EUR accounts to be funded with Bitcoin & NXT.

https://www.coinimal.com/trades/sell/paypal

I don't get this. How did they achieve this? Is this official support of PayPal to bitcoin, or is it done through some 3rd party method?
Why isn't PayPal accepting Bitcoin directly already? I want to be able to buy anything on ebay with Bitcoin, im tired of the PayPal bullshit.

You sell the Bitcoin on Coinimal and get a Euro transfer on PayPal. This is no direct implementation of Bitcoin in PayPal.

is this an early April fools joke? i'm not buying this story, there must be something wrong there, paypal and bitcoin can't work together

No april fools joke, its live and can be used already. PayPal hasn't integrated Bitcoin directly, if you thought  that.

I smell a scam

Why do you say this? We are a fully registered GmbH in Vienna, Austra and are fully compliant with all regulations. Also we are already in business for a year with thousands of happy customers!
hmm, ok
maybe i was little hasty
i will take a closer look

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:51:00 PM

I would give it try in future whenever I need to fund my PayPal account.I also had few reservations just like others but after reading the answers of ceo of this company I am satisfied about biggest concern of reversible of transaction which is not matter here anymore.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:53:24 PM

Of course it's a good thing, especially if we know that buying and selling bitcoins is very complicated at the moment and many new people get overwhelmed with this when they try to get into a Bitcoin space.

I would say this is even harder than securing your wallet properly, which is another complicated thing about Bitcoin in my opinion.

So yes, we need all of the options that we can have!
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:25:53 PM

Of course it's a good thing, especially if we know that buying and selling bitcoins is very complicated at the moment and many new people get overwhelmed with this when they try to get into a Bitcoin space.

I would say this is even harder than securing your wallet properly, which is another complicated thing about Bitcoin in my opinion.

So yes, we need all of the options that we can have!

I do know of it's complexity. I have been in bitcoin since for 6 months and still find it hard to obtain it. I do deal with paypal and find this just a means of closing this gap of being so complicated to find a reliable way of getting it without paying high fees at the end of it all.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
chanlance

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:38:34 AM

hope no one gets swindled in the process
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 12:39:39 AM

hope no one gets swindled in the process

Why do you think this is even a chance? We have been selling and buying Bitcoin for one year and had thousands of customers in that time. Not a single person felt they were scammed.

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:44:55 AM

if it turns out to be legit i would be pretty damn happy with paypal accepting bitcoins, funding my account from my bank right now takes like 5 days and bitcoin will cut that time down to like 5minutes
-edit i thought paypal was accepting coins, turns out its an exchange that converts to paypal
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:57:39 AM

Paypal? Bitcoin? I smell bull on this one. Paypal wouldn't integrate bitcoin into their system unless some miracle happens. Is the source of this news credible?

Well no ... it's an exchange that it accept Paypal.

VirWox already do this.

Many exchanges can decrease the fees ... eventually.
Timely

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 01:06:21 AM

The paypal link:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paymentshub
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:49:16 AM

This is good news, I think if Bitcoin price continues to be relatively stable services like this will be more reliable and avalable. VirWox is ok, I've used it and it was fine but the fees were ridiculous. We need more serious exchanges that accept Paypal or pay for your Bitcoins in Paypal, mostly worldwide. I know there are a lot of security and identity concerns but I feel it's improving month by month.
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:01:30 AM

You need to change your title to be less deceiving.

I thought pp itself liked btc.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:42:02 AM

I guess it could work (merchant account, etc.) but I personally won't touch this with a ten-foot pole. And the fun part would be buying bitcoin with PayPal, not the other way around. Anyway, good luck to them.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 03:45:23 AM

I guess it could work (merchant account, etc.) but I personally won't touch this with a ten-foot pole. And the fun part would be buying bitcoin with PayPal, not the other way around. Anyway, good luck to them.

Thank you! May I ask why you wouldn't touch a service like this? So that I can maybe remove any concerns for other customers and improve the service.

coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:51:53 AM

Thank you! May I ask why you wouldn't touch a service like this? So that I can maybe remove any concerns for other customers and improve the service.

It's just a personal thing: I would definitely want to wait until I see enough feedback from the community. Bitcoin-PayPal has been historically disastrous. I have no need for it (maybe the other way around yes) - I have exchange accounts set up which are fast already and hardly use PayPal. I also don't use things like Purse.io or Lawnmowers etc - it's just not my cup of tea.

I definitely think if you can prove yourselves and transaction times are fairly quick - you will have a market.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: