Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You can now fund your paypal account with bitcoins  (Read 2186 times)
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:31:03 AM

I can sell my coins for PayPal, but I cannot BUY coins with PayPal. Any chance this will change?

When somebody sell you coins, cannot you pay with Paypal?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 09:58:57 AM

Looks more like a third party services rather than a direct support involving paypal. Not sure how safe would that be or would it involve a conflict that can cause your paypal fund to be frozen since paypal are known for having that tendency. I can also imagine the fees involved in the withdrawal process. Also that reminds me of payza.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:08:38 AM

I can sell my coins for PayPal, but I cannot BUY coins with PayPal. Any chance this will change?

you can only sell at the moment and it's not directly related to someone else buying, i think it's an internal process

i mean you don't sell directly to someone that has money on paypal...
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 10:09:55 AM

you can only sell at the moment and it's not directly related to someone else buying, i think it's an internal process

Yes I confirm. You are only trading with Coinimal directly. Never with any other person, as this is the only way we can guarantee that there will be no chargeback.

Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:48:58 AM

actually you can perform any transaction either buy or sell, it is very easy to find here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0  Grin

I was referring to this specific site.

Yes I confirm. You are only trading with Coinimal directly. Never with any other person, as this is the only way we can guarantee that there will be no chargeback.

Yes, I am trading directly with an exchange provider. So how come they are happy taking my coins for PP but I can not use PP to buy their coins? Guess if I want to buy BTC with PP I will also have to make my own exchange service and offer an option "sell your BTC to my for PP".
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:55:41 AM

actually you can perform any transaction either buy or sell, it is very easy to find here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0  Grin

Yes, I am trading directly with an exchange provider. So how come they are happy taking my coins for PP but I can not use PP to buy their coins? Guess if I want to buy BTC with PP I will also have to make my own exchange service and offer an option "sell your BTC to my for PP".

What you are asking for is I believe not doable at the moment due to chargebacks and PayPal's policy against crypto.
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:08:11 AM

Are New York residents excluded from the Coinimal Paypal funds transfer because of the Bit License? I assume Coinimal would be classified as a money transmitter by the definition given in the Bit License, although I'm not a lawyer. There are also a few other areas in the USA where it's tricky doing Bitcoin business, and I think even Coinbase refuses to open acounts for residents of those areas. Does Coinimal also exclude them?
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:12:07 AM

What you are asking for is I believe not doable at the moment due to chargebacks and PayPal's policy against crypto.

I understand the issue with chargebacks and everyone's fear of scams. Yet this thread simply exists for promoting a site that will pay me with PayPal for my coins. So, it is possible (from the site's perspective). The only question is, why would I trust the site then?
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:54:19 PM

It is more of a sell Bitcoins for Paypal on that website. Paypal has a high risk of charge back hence many people would not like it as a payment method for digital currencies unless they can find a way to proof to Paypal that goods were delivered.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 02:36:55 PM

Are New York residents excluded from the Coinimal Paypal funds transfer because of the Bit License? I assume Coinimal would be classified as a money transmitter by the definition given in the Bit License, although I'm not a lawyer. There are also a few other areas in the USA where it's tricky doing Bitcoin business, and I think even Coinbase refuses to open acounts for residents of those areas. Does Coinimal also exclude them?

Yes, we exclude NY residentes.

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:05:22 PM

I would be very very hesitant to fund my Paypal account with bitcoin. Historically paypal and bitcoin have not gotten along at all. Besides, I would not want to link the 2 together.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:22:10 PM

I thought PayPal started its own exchange service wherein it accepts bitcoins like Payza and PM have. I've never even heard of coinminimal as the site looks dull and untrustworthy. More fear of chargebacks with this website.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:23:42 PM

I thought PayPal started its own exchange service wherein it accepts bitcoins like Payza and PM have. I've never even heard of coinminimal as the site looks dull and untrustworthy. More fear of chargebacks with this website.

Thank you for your feedback Wink I am the CEO of the website. Maybe I can help you trusting my company.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:39:01 PM

Thank you for your feedback Wink I am the CEO of the website. Maybe I can help you trusting my company.

Oh, good to see you here. The fact the website looks dull and untrustworthy is that it has only 3 payment processors Sepa, PayPal and BTC. It would be better to introduce processors like PM and OKPay which are non reversible methods. PayPal always has the chargeback issue because of which many exchange websites aren't trusted.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:41:01 PM

Oh, good to see you here. The fact the website looks dull and untrustworthy is that it has only 3 payment processors Sepa, PayPal and BTC. It would be better to introduce processors like PM and OKPay which are non reversible methods. PayPal always has the chargeback issue because of which many exchange websites aren't trusted.

We actually have 9 payment processors, 3 of which are for selling bitcoins.

We are online for one year and managed to be the exclusive Neteller Bitcoin merchant for now.

Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:00:24 AM

There is always the risk of chargeback when we try to exchange our Bitcoin for Paypal, the possibility to open dispute against the Bitcoin seller is always possible according Paypal rules, and then it's so risky unless you use trusted escrows, or trusted exchangers, and even in this case it's not hundred per cent safe
SomeBoy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:04:34 AM

(...)

Now why the need for another thread on the same subject? You're clearly being paid to promote this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1209239.0

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 02:37:22 AM

(...)

Now why the need for another thread on the same subject? You're clearly being paid to promote this.

I have not paid OP to do this Wink

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 03:04:42 AM

(...)

I have not paid OP to do this Wink

Great service! I remember 8 months ago when I started in bitcoin, I was looking for a thing like this because I wanted my bitcoin earnings transformed on paypal.

Nowadays I prefer to hold bitcoin though  Grin

kostya.ash

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:35:18 AM

if my way with like this, probably quite easy
deposit in netteler with bitcoins and go to paypal and add funds with credit card ?
CMIIW
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: