Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is mining with ASIC hardware?  (Read 4433 times)
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 03:10:24 AM

I'm not exactly up to date with the whole ASIC thing, but I see a lot of pre-order links and stuff on signatures. Are ASIC rigs being used to mine? Are they for sale? Or are these just a scam?

Pardon my uninformed state!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:15:17 AM

I have harddrive encryption ASIC in one of my computers. If I launch CPU miner on that Pentium4 computer will it count as ASIC mining?

The real ASIC for Bitcoin mining is not here. The BFL is scam.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 03:19:39 AM

I have harddrive encryption ASIC in one of my computers. If I launch CPU miner on that Pentium4 computer will it count as ASIC mining?

The real ASIC for Bitcoin mining is not here. The BFL is scam.

Thank you, sir!

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 09:37:21 AM

Time travel hasn't been invented yet, but in 40 years it will be. Bitcoin will be massively illegal and mining will be impossible due to sophisticated tracking. The mob sends ASICS back in time to guys like me, called dumpers. We mine on our ASICS from the future and dump for cash now. When everyone gets their ASICS and dumps we buy back up like crazy and send the coins to a BTC address in the future.

This is called "Closing the Dump"

more or less retired.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 09:50:09 AM

Time travel hasn't been invented yet, but in 40 years it will be. Bitcoin will be massively illegal and mining will be impossible due to sophisticated tracking. The mob sends ASICS back in time to guys like me, called dumpers. We mine on our ASICS from the future and dump for cash now. When everyone gets their ASICS and dumps we buy back up like crazy and send the coins to a BTC address in the future.

now it makes sense.

intentionally left blank
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 12:48:37 PM

But then when everyone is rich in the future and the bitcoiners have bought out the government, they will never send the ASICs back in time because they wouldn't need to because they're rich already, but then no one would mine with ASICs now and no one will be rich in the future, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in tiime but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, so they will send ASICs back in time, but then they would be rich and wouldn't need to send ASICs back in time but then no one would be rich, ...
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 01:08:27 PM

now it makes sense.

^Great plan, where do I sign up?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 01:52:54 PM

The only ASICS currently around here are my worn-out smelly runners that I've retired to an old closet awaiting further transportation. That might be TMI but anyhow, no, there is no known ASIC bitcoin mining presently taking place.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:01:30 PM

ASIC has always been here.

http://www.asic.gov.au

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 02:12:40 PM

ASIC has always been here.

http://www.asic.gov.au

Now I can believe they are seriously into mining bitcoin! Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 02:41:34 PM

Lol, count me in too.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 12:51:54 AM

Not me.
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 01:01:30 AM

Not me.
What is in your sig? Are you selling ASIC hardware? I'm guessing there is more to be made in scam preorders than actually building the hardware...I hope I'm wrong and can't wait for proof that I am.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 01:33:38 PM

Not me.
What is in your sig? Are you selling ASIC hardware? I'm guessing there is more to be made in scam preorders than actually building the hardware...I hope I'm wrong and can't wait for proof that I am.

No ASICs are only on pre order... and many companies are trying to get people to advertise on here using their signatures to run contests in winning a preorder.... but by far the best explanation is from crazy_rabbit Cheesy

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: