Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:06:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Security holes can be in unexpected places  (Read 1803 times)
confirmation120

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:41:57 PM

https://weakdh.org/
This website is nothing new, it's been around a few weeks the first time I saw it, if not more then a whole month, no?

And anybody can check if the website is protected from this attack.

Cant open the link what does that site do?
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 03:19:56 PM

what does the title mean because security holes by what means, if you mean cbi or fbi then they have more complicated works then of watching this unnecessary until they find any links with the terrorist or illegal activity.

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 03:48:57 PM

This raises a question: Are you sure that Bitcoin-related websites visited by you are not monitored by NSA? Or maybe you don't care?
Well why should we care about the NSA? I would be more worried about someone somehow using that to break into my account and stealing all of my Bitcoin.

Agree. I pretty much do not care of people looking or having curiosity, what I do care if when they use it to do harm.

Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 04:05:23 PM

This raises a question: Are you sure that Bitcoin-related websites visited by you are not monitored by NSA? Or maybe you don't care?

I don't care at all. I have nothing to hide and to have fear. Everyone who want can read everything I write or everything I do at internet. So no fear from NSA or every kind of Agencies who make the same or similar jobs.  Wink

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."  -Edward Snowden

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 04:25:29 PM

what does the title mean because security holes by what means, if you mean cbi or fbi then they have more complicated works then of watching this unnecessary until they find any links with the terrorist or illegal activity.

I bet you'll be unpleasantly surprised in 15 years during your campaign for the USA president chair when NSA reveals that in 2015 you were watching Zoo section of Brazzers.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:34:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1209376.msg12703707#msg12703707

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:26:15 PM

So they can crack VPNs? how does that work? Anyway I thought VPNs are subjected to delivering logs, so what's the point anyway. If someone wants true privacy they should use TOR from what i've read, it's the most anonymous internet you can get, and when we have stuff like darkwallet, Bitcoin will be as anonymous.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:33:12 PM

So they can crack VPNs? how does that work? Anyway I thought VPNs are subjected to delivering logs, so what's the point anyway. If someone wants true privacy they should use TOR from what i've read, it's the most anonymous internet you can get, and when we have stuff like darkwallet, Bitcoin will be as anonymous.

the best anonymous would be to have your own vpn network, with soem device all over the wordl in hidden location connected via satellite or a close wi-fi

i remember that tor, was not 100% anon, they can actually spy you if they want, and many nodes were blocked from some website
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:39:25 PM

https://weakdh.org/
This website is nothing new, it's been around a few weeks the first time I saw it, if not more then a whole month, no?

And anybody can check if the website is protected from this attack.

Cant open the link what does that site do?
Have full detailed info about this security leak.
Has a small test to see if your browser knows how to implement the "good way" to exchange the crypto info.
And a link to the full paper where the OP extracted the text.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:06:24 PM

so dont worry about the NSA as an institution because unless your doing anything illegal, theres nothing to worry about..
(emphasis mine)

That's a pretty damned big "unless"...

afterall if you personally worked for the police or fbi, wouldnt you be tempted to search out stuff on your neighbour or exgirlfriend..
(emphasis mine)

... and a mind-boggling "if".
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:06:36 AM

I don't care at all. I have nothing to hide and to have fear. Everyone who want can read everything I write or everything I do at internet. So no fear from NSA or every kind of Agencies who make the same or similar jobs.  Wink

Oh really? If so, would you mind sharing your personal info + address (scanned docs) right here in this post? Would you allow anyone to view your personal emails, text messages, call logs, google search history etc?

Edit: something to consider for all those blue-pilled members who think NSA is all about tracking terrorist and criminals:

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-fears-nsa-stole-industrial-secrets/a-16925289
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article37484.htm

Why must to do this? Why I must do such kind of job? You are the interested person who want to know those; you find the way to have those.

In my post I tell that I don't care from anything I do in internet. I can tell again this. But I must tell that when I wrote that sentence I had not in mind my emails or other personal stuffs. I meant navigating in internet. Following the way and the normal meaning of the expression used by OP to formulate its question - NSA monitor the bitcoin-related sited. Not the emails or other personal stuffs of the people, not even the people but the activity in the bitcoin-related sites. That it is simple navigation. Then if they find suspicious activity in such monitoring this is another thing. Bitcoin is used mostly in the dark web and I have not visited never this kind of sites. If they are able to find criminals monitoring this kind of bitcoin-related sites I can't do nothing else than congratulating with them.

But to tell the truth even if NSA will learn about my personal things or will read all my emails and learn some other personal things yet I don't care about this. It is another thing if my emails will be read by anyone (as it was understood my post by above poster). This is undesirable and in this point of view my above expression need correction.

If we go again to NSA, I don't think that NSA have the patience and, above all, the time to read all the emails of all the people which are not suspected. And I know that I am not suspected. Have made nothing in my life that can make me suspected person.

As I told above I have nothing to hide to NSA and they, (if want) can read every my email. I can give myself my password to them. Even I know that they read only the suspicious emails taken from key words or phrases. I am sure to not have such. If I have, no problem that NSA read even those. Will read more about me and my correspondence but I have not problem that that kind of people learn more about my "secret" life. My life is healthy and clean in everything. They will not find anything with interests about their job and will not made public those. So no one other will know something.

P.S. I haven't see you links because to tell the truth I don't care about the work of NSA.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: