Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:55:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple.com for bitcoin ACH? Who has experience?  (Read 558 times)
gillbuy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:32:02 PM

Simple.com

Just opened an account.  Attaching Coinbase and others.

Will they freeze it?  How are they with bitcoin?

Does anyone have experience here so I don't get my new account frozen with them?

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:41:17 PM

Care to give a short explaination of what simple.com is? From what I see so far it's about banking services. I think that checking if they'd block your accoutn for transactions related with bitcoin would be as simple as looking into their ToS and/or User Agreement. Coinbase will only block accounts if you're completing transaction that would be considered illegal under US law.
gillbuy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:53:19 PM

Care to give a short explaination of what simple.com is? From what I see so far it's about banking services. I think that checking if they'd block your accoutn for transactions related with bitcoin would be as simple as looking into their ToS and/or User Agreement. Coinbase will only block accounts if you're completing transaction that would be considered illegal under US law.

Right, was looking for someone with experience.  

Simple.com is an online bank.

It isn't simple to check their ToS.  Every bank is different when it comes to bitcoin and many don't discuss crypto in their ToS but will freeze accounts at the mere mention of BTC.  I had IAFCU for awhile for that reason before they closed up shop and Jordan went awol.

So again, looking for anybody with actual experience linking Simple's bank account with Coinbase, Circle or other?  Who can lend some advice?
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:09:38 PM

For what it is worth, I found a Reddit post from 2014 saying that simple.com is 'bitcoin friendly'. If you (OP) value personal experiences over the ToS and agreement in their website then this should be what you're asking. To be clear though, I also skimmed through the ToS and Agreement and there doesn't seem to be any mention about bitcoin. They're probably still keeping this 'friendly' stance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22p3e7/simplecom_is_an_onlineonly_bitcoinfriendly_bank/
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:22:55 PM

Looks so coinbase as dollar version?
i'm not see if this site accept bitcoin, i've checked their faq. Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: