Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:03:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Conservatism is the New Counter-Culture  (Read 670 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:00:19 PM

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:38:50 PM

I know what you are trying to say but "counter-culture" is being used incorrectly. A true "counter-culture" is defined as being a movement in resistance to technocracy. It started with the romantics moved through the bohemians and continued through right up to the hippie movement, they were all about rejecting technology and embracing nature.

What you mean to say is conservatism is the new radicalism.
It isn't
Anarchism is and violent revolution will be its outcome

Conservatism is too puritanical anyways
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:03:00 PM

I know what you are trying to say but "counter-culture" is being used incorrectly. A true "counter-culture" is defined as being a movement in resistance to technocracy. It started with the romantics moved through the bohemians and continued through right up to the hippie movement, they were all about rejecting technology and embracing nature.

What you mean to say is conservatism is the new radicalism.
It isn't
Anarchism is and violent revolution will be its outcome

Conservatism is too puritanical anyways

The title is from the video. But I got what he was saying, and i get what you are saying. Personally I am against violence but believe in self defense.

SerenaL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:41:55 PM

But people must differentiate between the typical american conservatives (pro police state, pro war, etc) and a free market, libertarian leaning conservative(classic liberal),
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:11:56 PM

But people must differentiate between the typical american conservatives (pro police state, pro war, etc) and a free market, libertarian leaning conservative(classic liberal),

What people? 0bama?

(pro police state, pro war, etc)

https://theintercept.com/drone-papers

Corealz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:16:18 AM

What people? 0bama?

Conservatives and liberals are all the same anymore.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:48:08 AM

What people? 0bama?

Conservatives and liberals are all the same anymore.

I am confused by "same" followed by "anymore". They used to be the same, but not anymore?

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:21:38 PM

Conservatives are well known for their charitable giving of both their money and their time. Conservatives prefer to do their own giving rather depend on the government to do it for them. Those first ebola patients from the US were in Africa because they were Christians, not because the US government sent them.

designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:23:43 AM

I would not call that kind of counter culture as conservatism.
It might be called as neo-conservatism and it is really and really different from old xenophobic conservatism. Just evolved one.
Also still there is anarchism stays strong, opposing nearly every conservative value.
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:27:41 AM

im not a uk usa politics guy i mean i strick to left and right wings in portugal but anarchy and liberal are a bit bad extremes if taken to much more anarchy than liberal and theres another things like if its too much you get not healthy into culture mind or soceitey only social anc capital can be good amounts not the conservative not the liberal and more workers a bit too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: