Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Get a separate Board for Hardware in Europe and North America?  (Read 773 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 10:27:19 AM

As shipping computer hardware around North America and Europe works best when done within their respective Zones, perhaps we could split this board into North America and Europe and "International"? I think very few people will be doing trans-atlantic trades, especially for larger ticket items that can spend weeks sitting in customs or getting taxed some ridiculous import duty. At the moment there isn't a way to sort for North America or European sellers/buyers and it wastes time having to check every post to see where they are located first.

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 11:04:33 AM

As shipping computer hardware around North America and Europe works best when done within their respective Zones, perhaps we could split this board into North America and Europe and "International"? I think very few people will be doing trans-atlantic trades, especially for larger ticket items that can spend weeks sitting in customs or getting taxed some ridiculous import duty. At the moment there isn't a way to sort for North America or European sellers/buyers and it wastes time having to check every post to see where they are located first.

I'm in Europe and have sold and shipped various things to North America without problems so far. Splinting the board would make it harder for me to sell GPUs to Americans, or buy Cigars from Koreans. Sure there is a delay for cross-globe shipping and on heavy boxes it's an expensive process but that's all factored in in the sale price.

Things spending weeks sitting in customs is exceptional, years ago when I worked for DHL we had a project called CIA ( Clearance In the Air ) where entire planes full of cargo were customs cleared before they even landed. Customs reserve the right to check any package but in practice unless they have some reason to suspect the sender, delivery address, or a sniffer dog starts barking at your package there is no additional delay caused by customs.

How about the simpler approach of having standard tags on the messages. Something like:

<Sale/Buy>-<Country or region trader is in>-<Optional country or region trader is willing to trade with, assumed Worldwide unless specified otherwise>
eg.
[WTS-Europe]
[WTS-Spain-Europe]
[WTB-US]
[WTB-US-US/Canada]
[WTB-Australia-Asia]

I'd support splitting the board into people wanting to buy and people wanting to sell.
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 08:31:34 PM

How about the simpler approach of having standard tags on the messages. Something like:

<Sale/Buy>-<Country or region trader is in>-<Optional country or region trader is willing to trade with, assumed Worldwide unless specified otherwise>
eg.
[WTS-Europe]
[WTS-Spain-Europe]
[WTB-US]
[WTB-US-US/Canada]
[WTB-Australia-Asia]

+1
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 08:54:20 PM

yha tags will be better i think i have bought from ppl in europe a few times just bc sometimes it take 2-3 weeks to get is alot better then ppl from china at 1-2 months lol

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:11:00 AM

Good point about how if the board is split then you need to repost if you're willing to ship anywhere.

+1 as well on maybe splitting buying and selling.

more or less retired.
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 11:49:54 AM

although this is a good idea i think it needs to be moved to meta so admins see it.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:52:17 PM

although this is a good idea i think it needs to be moved to meta so admins see it.

crazy_rabbit, can you move this thread to meta?
( little link on the bottom left )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: