Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:28:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202112 times)
skyway1

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:51:49 AM

people can stop using bitcoin because is the most popular currency in the world and people more get awareness about bitcoin and people using bitcoin  more than other currency  .
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:18:55 PM

I think the main reason why people stop using bitcoin is when the price of bitcoin become $1 or small price. People will leave bitcoin and change into another coin.

I think the question is what is stopping peoeple from using bitcoin, it is not if what will stop people from using bitcoin and you are talking about that.
And one more thing, bitcoin is not gonna come to the value of $1.

People who have faith in bitcoin will continue to use it irrespective of the price, even price drop won't affect them and they will continue to buy more coins if price drops.
but we must admit it that kind person are very few exist nowadays, people would only care about the price and get profit. once they think bitcoin is not profitable anymore to be played, they leave it and forget it.

Well that's the reality about the fact that people tend just to think about price and profit. Since that's the most purpose of everyone is to earn.
But I guess, it is also the reason why people are stopping from using bitcoin when they can see that they are not getting profit to it.
For now bitcoin price are really matter and being a key instrument for the future of bitcoin. I wouldn't surprised if then bitcoin price dropped to the lowest and people leaving bitcoin . But we can build an understanding that bitcoin is not about the price to trade only but there is a financial revolution technology inside.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:45:55 PM

I think one of the biggest issue is the fluctuation of Bitcoin value. One day it's $637 USD another week it might be $800 USD, and one month later it might be $300 USD.

I was trying to push fourth the idea to a friend on cryptocurrencies and real life usage, for example via Plutus or any other similar platforms that helps to bridge bitcoin to the real world to make purchases on daily items. But he did ask a good question on fluctuation. At that time, I don't have an answer. Perhaps one of you might be able to better address it? If BTC isn't hedged to a local FIAT, e.g USD or AUD for that matter, then one day a coffee that's $4 USD may cost me less bitcoins and another day may cost me way too much bitcoins.

Doesn't make sense to be using much of it if it's not hedged.

Your will understand it once he go deep in knowing what bitcoin is. I was just taught with the basics and if he is really in to bitcoin then he should be the one who will be willing to get more about it. The attraction from earning free is the first goal but later on you should teach yourself.

Well you are a good listener and follower if you are just taught only with the basics. Because I taught a lot of people regarding bitcoin, but it seems they are having hard time to cope up what bitcoin really is.
But in the end they learned as the day passes each by each thing with bitcoin they are learning but they stopped when they saw the price is falling.

It's not for being a good listener or follower. They truly wants to know more about bitcoin that's why he is able to get some of advance information with only basics information as a start.

Also those person that having a hard time to cope up for really a long time teaching is really not serious about knowing bitcoin more. All they know is just to earn.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:03:21 PM

minor reason maybe for some newbies like me , it looks easy to earn some bitcoin , well when i see my friend he look easy to get bitcoin from trading , but when i try to do it , i just noticed if it is hard to do ,  maybe some people now only want instant , much and earn bitcoin easy , and when they know it is hard to do, they fell bored and stop to learn about bitcoin

You can't actually blame yourself. There's nothing wrong with you. All of us went from that stage. All of us thought trading can be done in seconds. But no, it's done by waiting for days/weeks. That's actually a common mistake for a newbie, buying an alt coin and then waiting for it to rise up after a few seconds.

Those people who look earning bitcoins so easily are those people who have spent a lot of time researching and enhancing their skills in general, not just on trading. They've become expert in earning bitcoins to the point that they are already giving newbies the thought that it's easy to earn bitcoins.

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:34:34 PM

I think the main reason why people stop using bitcoin is when the price of bitcoin become $1 or small price. People will leave bitcoin and change into another coin.

I think the question is what is stopping peoeple from using bitcoin, it is not if what will stop people from using bitcoin and you are talking about that.

People who have faith in bitcoin will continue to use it irrespective of the price, even price drop won't affect them and they will continue to buy more coins if price drops.
but we must admit it that kind person are very few exist nowadays, people would only care about the price and get profit. once they think bitcoin is not profitable anymore to be played, they leave it and forget it.

Well that's the reality about the fact that people tend just to think about price and profit. Since that's the most purpose of everyone is to earn.
But I guess, it is also the reason why people are stopping from using bitcoin when they can see that they are not getting profit to it.
For now bitcoin price are really matter and being a key instrument for the future of bitcoin. I wouldn't surprised if then bitcoin price dropped to the lowest and people leaving bitcoin . But we can build an understanding that bitcoin is not about the price to trade only but there is a financial revolution technology inside.
Actually, the bitcoin price WILL matter at most of the time because it's what users are usually attracted to, the value of bitcoin. I know most, if not all, of bitcoin users think of getting nice profits with bitcoins.

ayesha sadiqa

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:56:39 PM

i think nothing is stopping people from gambling. how can you say that something is stopping people from gambling.
Ravi Helios

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:27:23 PM

I'd say aprox a quarter of whats stopping people from using Bitcoin is the media made conception that Bitcoin is associated with criminal activity.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:33:04 PM

Actually, the bitcoin price WILL matter at most of the time because it's what users are usually attracted to, the value of bitcoin. I know most, if not all, of bitcoin users think of getting nice profits with bitcoins.

Yeah price is an motivating factor when it comes to bitcoin, as majority of people are attracted towards it only because of the price and people are aware that price volatility will allow them to make some good profits.
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:39:04 PM

i think nothing is stopping people from gambling. how can you say that something is stopping people from gambling.
users may use gambling to double their bitcoin. but it's users get is a defeat. so he lost all of their bitcoin
so he stopping using bitcoin? it may be dude

Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:45:41 PM

users may use gambling to double their bitcoin. but it's users get is a defeat. so he lost all of their bitcoin

Nothing is stopping people from using bitcoin other than themselves because of their habits of not wanting to learn about anything else than what they already know and like because most people are just very very simple

They get off their asses and they could learn about BTC.
universe_

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:50:31 PM

I'd say aprox a quarter of whats stopping people from using Bitcoin is the media made conception that Bitcoin is associated with criminal activity.
thats true in my opinion and i think that way more people would use bitcoins right now if all those people wouldnt be made to think that bitcoin might be illegal and that it might give you prison

i think people shouldnt care that much about the whole media thing but in my opinion also countries sometimes ban bitcoins so people just dont get a chance to use bitcoins even if they actually want

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 10:59:25 PM

Nothing is stopping people from using bitcoin other than themselves because of their habits of not wanting to learn about anything else than what they already know and like because most people are just very very simple

I think there's one reason. they are thinking that bitcoin is scam.. because many sites are appearing online with promises but they run their money and never come back.. so this is i think the reason thats why people stopping using bitcoin..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
useless4

Activity: 389

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:28:22 PM

I think there's one reason. they are thinking that bitcoin is scam.. because many sites are appearing online with promises but they run their money and never come back.. so this is i think the reason thats why people stopping using bitcoin..
its really sad that people think that bitcoins are really bad for you and that it wont give you anything good

i think the government sometimes ban the bitcoins and people then would be scared to use it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:15:08 AM

its really sad that people think that bitcoins are really bad for you and that it wont give you anything good

i think the government sometimes ban the bitcoins and people then would be scared to use it

You cannot blame government every time, the fact is majority of people are not aware about yet, and  unless they don't know what bitcoin is how can we expect them to start using it?
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:20:16 PM

You cannot blame government every time, the fact is majority of people are not aware about yet, and  unless they don't know what bitcoin is how can we expect them to start using it?

REALLY? Dude China has been using this for a long time and every government knows how btc works and they want a piece but nobody want's to be noticed , China was just very lazy trying to hide themselves under the radar.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:31:24 PM

There are actually a lot of reasons stopping people from using bitcoin but you are right, that is a big reason in some places where media is working dawn to dusk to kill the positive concept of bitcoin from the minds of people, and the people who were never aware about it are believing it with blind eyes without doing their own research about bitcoin.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:13:38 AM

There are actually a lot of reasons stopping people from using bitcoin but you are right, that is a big reason in some places where media is working dawn to dusk to kill the positive concept of bitcoin from the minds of people, and the people who were never aware about it are believing it with blind eyes without doing their own research about bitcoin.

It's getting kind of dangerous to use btc regularly due to many people getting afraid of government influence on btc lately like china buying all that btc then dumping a shitload of it at $750 was a little sketchy, I personally dont like that governments are doing that i think that it's scamming us (the people)
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1123

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:59:48 AM

Well I am pretty sure that media is controlled by the government. They want to take it down rather than accepting or adapt it. This currency is free and they dont want any people to be free. Democracy is a joke it is just a reason for government to steal from people. Yeah freedom of stealing.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:37:22 AM

Well I am pretty sure that media is controlled by the government. They want to take it down rather than accepting or adapt it. This currency is free and they dont want any people to be free. Democracy is a joke it is just a reason for government to steal from people. Yeah freedom of stealing.
Yes indeed possible in some countries prohibit crypto like bitcoin for violating the rules. It is going to make bitcoin difficult to develop. But I believe bitcoin will evolve and users are still using bitcoin.
shinratensei_
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1025

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:51:55 AM

Media can affect all layers in our community, and change people think about bitcoin with instantly. and we know a lot of people is easy to believe with media before they can check about the truth of the news.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: