Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:56:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:06:03 AM

I wanted today to eat at the restaurant here which accepts Bitcoin. It wasn't there anymore! That's what stopped me using Bitcoin today. And I probably never ever will get a chance to pay in a restaurant with Bitcoin.
I have the same intention with you but it's rarely to find a restaurant can accept bitcoin. every time I need to exchange my bitcoin before into fiat to buy some food. and I feel , it's very complicated for myself. sometimes I searching about that but just find a restaurant accepted bitcoin in foreign.
Well, I do not know how you guys actually feel since there's literally no restaurants here that accepts bitcoins just yet. I wait to see that the day comes when there is at least one restaurant that accepts bitcoins.

Fear and the unknown is what is stopping people from bitcoins. They fear because they do not know about it.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:16:46 AM

A short but precise list:
-they don't know btc
-they're not paid in btc
-they can't pay what they need in btc
-nobody is using btc
-btc hasn't a stable price

I'd say it's enugh to explain it ^^

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:37:48 AM

A short but precise list:
-they don't know btc
-they're not paid in btc
-they can't pay what they need in btc
-nobody is using btc
-btc hasn't a stable price

I'd say it's enugh to explain it ^^

Yes you are right that are the possible reasons why people are stopping from using bitcoin. But of course the last reason,
bitcoin hasn't a stable price is for sure.
And we can't change it because it is a decentralized crypto currency.

Vires in Numeris
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:44:54 AM

As bitcoin is completely anonymous and decentralized more users think that bitcoin is used for illegal activities. On this basis people avoid it and stand away from it, though it has highest price than any other currency that have existed.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:22:44 AM

As bitcoin is completely anonymous and decentralized more users think that bitcoin is used for illegal activities. On this basis people avoid it and stand away from it, though it has highest price than any other currency that have existed.

It is being used for illegal activities and that's correct, because terrorists know that this cannot be traced and they will surely use such a thing which can be helpful for their work. But illegal activities have nothing to do with user base, nobody is going to catch anyone here, so worrying about such cases and not joining bitcoins is being foolish.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:29:52 PM

Bitcoin is much more complicated than fiat is.
I think it is the main reason why most people hav not tried bitcoin yet.

It sure is; it was really complicated for me as well when i started. But that didn't actually stop me. I think people should have a motive if they want to start using Bitcoin. Some people don't exactly have time to think about it.
The main reason is that many people don't know about bitcoins. In some countries it is still illegal.And many think that it is only used for crime like drug dealing,human trafficking,hiring hitmen, etcetera coz deepweb sites like silk road(which was banned in 2013) only does business in bitcoins.
and you said people dont have time to think about bitcoin ? but its good to say that there are no more people to tell others about bitcoins.
pearnapple

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:52:58 PM

Bitcoin is much more complicated than fiat is.
I think it is the main reason why most people hav not tried bitcoin yet.

It is not that complicated if you are just a currency user. It is just like using a credit card or paypal. It will be complicated if you are a developer or at least a miner, you will have to deal with a lot of technicalities. But for normal user, it is just receive and send bitcoins. And we can just use online wallet.
That is correct using bitcoin is not complicated i think the people who are saying bitcoin is complicated they only make things complicated even it is not.
For me it is very convenient to use sending money, paying bills and receiving money for other users.

Maybe they are just too lazy to learn something new. And bitcoin is quite a new idea to them. They are not willing to embrace something that is new to them. But I think, if people will just give it even a little try, they will appreciate the good things that bitcoin offers to its users.
Actually there are many reasons why people stop using bitcoin. I often know that a person stops using bitcoin is because they are busy with real work so there is no time to use bitcoin again. Perhaps that was the reason that most people say.
I agree some people is getting bored with real jobs,because they must spend a part of their time to went to their office, and a lot of their time is wasted on the things that are not important.
thats true, my job is really boring to be honest and i would really like to work for bitcoins, in my opinion in this way we would attract a lot of people to bitcoins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
jonatuzc

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:30:47 PM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?
idont think they will stop using bitcoin specially when the bitcoin price  will go rise more . but the reason you will stop using bitcoin when your multiple times got scammed and lost more money just the only reason to stop using it or bitcoin will going to dead.

That is really frustrating when people are getting victimized a lot of times with scam sites. I don't know if they are the reason why they are getting victimized again and again and they are not learning the lesson at all.
Yes, these scam sites make people believe as if bitcoins is a wrong thing by both intentionally and unintentionally. As long as greedy people are coming out to test those sites, other people will fear about bitcoin usage. This eventually lead as a stopper for many other people and also for old victims.
langedwig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:02:09 PM

I would say the fear of going over the government rules. That's it. I dont thing anything else Would block them use the btc. I do not have any restriction  in my country. We do not even have physical btc to use. But I exchange what I earned to my currency and use them for my expense.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:18:24 PM

I would say the fear of going over the government rules. That's it. I dont thing anything else Would block them use the btc. I do not have any restriction  in my country. We do not even have physical btc to use. But I exchange what I earned to my currency and use them for my expense.

Bitcoin has just been legalised in Russia but use has stayed around the same.

The people i deal with don't like the long conformation times in bitcoin.  I tell them about up-ing the transaction fee but they don't understand, they think they will pay too much.
Bitcoin wallets need to have a movable slider next to the send button marked as "slow and very cheap" at one end and "very fast and but still cheaper than PayPal" at the other, like ethereum wallet.

I think things would be better if Bitcoin was seen as "digital gold" to store wealth and we used Litetcoin or an other Altcoin for every day micro purchases.  In the light of the Dao thing, most people are just too sceptical.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 03:32:02 PM

I think we are failing low on the front of awareness and the fact is that we are in evolution phase. I relate this with topic with older days of social networking. When orkut was on the top of our bookmarks but nobody actually complained about time taking features of it but when facebook popped out with better user interface and advanced features orkut eventually collapsed. Let’s go back further, when people were living in barter cashless society in ancient period, money popped out as a effective medium and people started using it instead of barter system. Now when people are going towards digital cashless society with better forms of money they will eventually accept it. Each and every long term thing took time to settle.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:14:49 PM

no i am not agree with you. i think the main reason is that there is no practical use of bitcoin in most of our societies. and the is the reason that people are not giving so much importance to bitcoin.
langedwig

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:14:13 PM

no i am not agree with you. i think the main reason is that there is no practical use of bitcoin in most of our societies. and the is the reason that people are not giving so much importance to bitcoin.
If btc is not used in the country the btc can be exchanged and used for expense. One or the other way btc can be used. There is no any reason for stop using btc unless the govt has prohibited to use it and the people dare to use it.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:16:34 PM

Same boat in here, I don't agree too that the basis why people avoid Bitcoin because it is used for illegal activities. If this is the case then people wont be using money.  Since it is far more used in illegal activities than Bitcoin.  I think it is  more on the awareness and technicality that people don't use Bitcoin.  like people without internet can never use Bitcoin at all.
langedwig

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:19:25 PM

I think we are failing low on the front of awareness and the fact is that we are in evolution phase. I relate this with topic with older days of social networking. When orkut was on the top of our bookmarks but nobody actually complained about time taking features of it but when facebook popped out with better user interface and advanced features orkut eventually collapsed. Let’s go back further, when people were living in barter cashless society in ancient period, money popped out as a effective medium and people started using it instead of barter system. Now when people are going towards digital cashless society with better forms of money they will eventually accept it. Each and every long term thing took time to settle.
Each generation is very open to accept new inventions. The more the new invention reduces the time and energy, the new invention is more welcomed. As you say down the line to 10 or 20 years later , the degital currency may rule the world. There is no surprise to this. We can exprect this to happen.
langedwig

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:22:51 PM

If btc is not allowed to use in a country, the btc can be exchanged and used for the expense. One or the other way the btc can be used. There is no any reason for stop using btc unless the govt has prohibited using it and the people dare to use it.
langedwig

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:27:21 PM

Every currency is used for both legal and illegal purposes. It depend on the activity and the people. At times for legal works, money is used for illegal purposes. It  does not require government's authority. It does not happen only with BTC.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:32:52 PM

Each generation is very open to accept new inventions. The more the new invention reduces the time and energy, the new invention is more welcomed. As you say down the line to 10 or 20 years later , the degital currency may rule the world. There is no surprise to this. We can exprect this to happen.
for now we can imagine those invention but maybe it will happen in the future.. if someone can invented to decrease the power voltage of miners,
If it will happen it will be most profitable miner if some one can create it .
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:52:26 PM

for now we can imagine those invention but maybe it will happen in the future.. if someone can invented to decrease the power voltage of miners,
If it will happen it will be most profitable miner if some one can create it .
Yeah but i can predict that if we won't get lucky,the decrease of power voltage for miners will be achieved by some guy who want's to make big profit,and not share this way with anyone.
Than we can actually remain slow on bitcoin mining,because this guy would not like to show other miner's how is he getting that big profits out of mining bitcoin,or other altcoin.
Im still wondering,if nobody will invent anything like that,and every year btc mining gets less profitable,then what will be the time to get 1 confirmation ,in let's say 2030?
Doamader

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:29:22 AM

Every currency is used for both legal and illegal purposes. It depend on the activity and the people. At times for legal works, money is used for illegal purposes. It  does not require government's authority. It does not happen only with BTC.

Yes you are right and I think that is not fair at all that you are going to think that bitcoin is used for illegal transactions.
How about the real money it is also used for illegal purposes.
You must be transparent on it because we know the truth that anything involves money there's an illegal transaction.
The main problem around bitcoin besides the media expose it, as a darkeness way to be used, is all countries are against it, even when USA looks to be taxing the bitcoins already. But one thing is sure people afraid of going jail, and try to avoid it as its connected just to ilegal transactions.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: