Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prepare yourself for this forum Mentally  (Read 1734 times)
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 03:02:42 PM

OP makes a good point - come here for crypto-currency, get politics.

Which is why political discussions are shoveled to the Politics & Society subforum, or at least are meant to be. Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
WH401

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:22:37 PM

(early 30's to mid 40's)
it has nothing to do with age. i got a computer science prof. at the university there is 57, and i think he could grasp the concept of bitcoin better then the most of the users of this forum. but i also know people 18-25 that would never understand what the fuck is going on.

Well I'm cometely new to all this and only just starting to grasp the basics of it.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you here, major learning curve.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 05:04:21 AM

I join this forum, and then on the very first reply in the very first post I visit, I get to be surprised by the slur "libertards", used in a content-free, single-sentence, unfounded defamatory accusation against libertarians, where the poster blames them for a bad forum experience.

I think that's both self-referentially ironic and appalling.

So, honest question: Is this -- y'know, open verbal abuse -- the type of human interaction I ought to expect from people in this community?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------

EDIT: oh, God, several replies below, I have the displeasure of encountering an individual who appears to believe that the fact violent child abuse is no longer permitted is unfortunate.  Jesus, that's disturbing.

Second question: Does this forum have a killfile feature?  How do I enable it?
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:30:43 AM

You may click the Ignore button to the left of a post to hide all the posts made  by that user. FWIW, I had to Google your request. Were you on Usenet back in the day?
Rudd-O

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 05:58:56 AM

You may click the Ignore button to the left of a post to hide all the posts made  by that user. FWIW, I had to Google your request. Were you on Usenet back in the day?

Oh, hi, live627!  Indeed, I used newsgroups back in the day.  Since Eternal September didn't end, I continue to require a killfile feature :-)

Thank you very much for the tip!
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 06:03:54 AM

You're welcome! I wasn't even on the net back then.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: