Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Epiks - If you were scammed by him please read! (Don't trade with him)  (Read 1969 times)
CoinCleaner (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 07:55:35 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2012, 10:36:08 AM by CoinCleaner

I read on another forum his account was used by someone else (future relative of his or something) this means the original owner has lost access to the account. So don't trade with him! He posted this on another bitcoin forum. The original owner says he will still help fix the damages the impost inflicted. He says he will pay back those who lost.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 08:06:30 PM

This thread coming from someone who is being called a scammer sure is reassuring... Roll Eyes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119986
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:58:56 AM

lol at not reporting him to the police

+1
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:03:39 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2012, 02:16:30 PM by itsgoldbaby

I remember this thread being A LOT bigger of an OP? CoinCleaner, did you edit this once you were able to scam someone? You initially had written about knowing Epiks IRL? Pathetic.

Google has it starting like this: Hello all, I personally know epiks and I need to tell you what happened. He has asked me to share this. Some of you knew him and knew he was very well
peepee

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:25:12 PM

I remember this thread being A LOT bigger of an OP? CoinCleaner, did you edit this once you were able to scam someone? You initially had written about knowing Epiks IRL? Pathetic.

Google has it starting like this: Hello all, I personally know epiks and I need to tell you what happened. He has asked me to share this. Some of you knew him and knew he was very well

This:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qWIha3Fx7BYJ:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D121031.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Hello all,

I personally know epiks and I need to tell you what happened. He has asked me to share this.

Some of you knew him and knew he was very well trusted. He always did honest trades and never once even had a "hiccup" with a transaction.

Point is, he is a good guy.

(This is epiks talking aka Jeff)

Hey guys, during the period where a member (I hope there was only one and not more) got scammed by my account I had been on vacation with my girlfriend. We were in hawaii for two weeks and I didn't even have my computer. I normally spend 14+hrs a day on my computer so I promised my girlfriend (now fiancee) that I would not bring my computer. The vacation would be all about us.

During this period we had her brother house sit for us (my future brother in law)

I came home to find  that my big screen TV was pawned, my nice clothes were gone, my desktop, dedicated server unit, and laptop....ALL GONE.

I didn't file a police report because my fiancee begged me not to.

All my passwords were stored on my computer so he had complete access. So not only did he drain my paypal account, he also was fu**ing around here on my bitcointalk account. He was the one who scammed, not me, aka the real epiks.

HOWEVER, I take complete and full responsibility. Even tho it wasn't myself who did it, I still feel responsible since it was done thru my account and it was my stupid mistakes like leaving his passwords stored that helped him gain access to my accounts.

I want to make this right. If the "epiks" account did you wrong in any way, please contact me at ccphazed@gmail.com

Even tho my paypal is already drained and now limited, hopefully I can make things up to you by eventually returning your money and hopefully a little extra to show my sorrow for what happened.

Again, I did not do the scamming but I take responsibility because it was still done under my name. Something that could have been avoided if I had not stored passwords or left my computer around a known thief (you never think family would steal from you....that was also a mistake to thinkk that)

So please, if you were scammed, contact me at ccphazed@gmail.com, tell me what happened and I;ll try and work things out. I could have just walked away and said f*ck it. But I didn't, my morals would not allow it. I couldn't with a clear conscious let this go unfixed.

Again, mail me all the details and amounts and we will get this fixed. Just please be honest, im hoping a bunch of ppl dont pop up that werent even scammed just looking for a payment. And please be honest with the amounts. I plan on paying back extra, im not rich at the moment but you WILL be paid back in full + extra for the trouble.

PLEASE NOTE* I still do NOT have access to that account (epiks) or the email. So DO NOT trade with him! Do not even respond to him if he contacts you. Its not the REAL epiks. I Can send you a picture of my drivers license showing I'm the real Jeffrey.
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157

Hello!

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:26:48 PM

This:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qWIha3Fx7BYJ:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D121031.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Hello all,

I personally know epiks and I need to tell you what happened. He has asked me to share this.

Some of you knew him and knew he was very well trusted. He always did honest trades and never once even had a "hiccup" with a transaction.

Hey guys, during the period where a member (I hope there was only one and not more) got scammed by my account I had been on vacation with my girlfriend. We were in hawaii for two weeks and I didn't even have my computer. I normally spend 14+hrs a day on my computer so I promised my girlfriend (now fiancee) that I would not bring my computer. The vacation would be all about us.

During this period we had her brother house sit for us (my future brother in law)

I came home to find  that my big screen TV was pawned, my nice clothes were gone, my desktop, dedicated server unit, and laptop....ALL GONE.

All my passwords were stored on my computer so he had complete access. So not only did he drain my paypal account, he also was fu**ing around here on my bitcointalk account. He was the one who scammed, not me, aka the real epiks.

HOWEVER, I take complete and full responsibility. Even tho it wasn't myself who did it, I still feel responsible since it was done thru my account and it was my stupid mistakes like leaving his passwords stored that helped him gain access to my accounts.

I want to make this right. If the "epiks" account did you wrong in any way, please contact me at ccphazed@gmail.com

Even tho my paypal is already drained and now limited, hopefully I can make things up to you by eventually returning your money and hopefully a little extra to show my sorrow for what happened.

Again, I did not do the scamming but I take responsibility because it was still done under my name. Something that could have been avoided if I had not stored passwords or left my computer around a known thief (you never think family would steal from you....that was also a mistake to thinkk that)

So please, if you were scammed, contact me at ccphazed@gmail.com, tell me what happened and I;ll try and work things out. I could have just walked away and said f*ck it. But I didn't, my morals would not allow it. I couldn't with a clear conscious let this go unfixed.

Again, mail me all the details and amounts and we will get this fixed. Just please be honest, im hoping a bunch of ppl dont pop up that werent even scammed just looking for a payment. And please be honest with the amounts. I plan on paying back extra, im not rich at the moment but you WILL be paid back in full + extra for the trouble.

PLEASE NOTE* I still do NOT have access to that account (epiks) or the email. So DO NOT trade with him! Do not even respond to him if he contacts you. Its not the REAL epiks. I Can send you a picture of my drivers license showing I'm the real Jeffrey.

Nice, good work. I was trying to figure out the damn google cache. Sad
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:50:28 PM

This:

Hello all,

Quoted because I remember reading this earlier today.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 01:44:30 AM

Report the guy and find a new girlfriend, because if she is more interested in protecting her brothers future over yours, then you are royally fucked.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 02:21:58 AM

Hey guys, during the period where a member (I hope there was only one and not more) got scammed by my account I had been on vacation with my girlfriend. We were in hawaii for two weeks and I didn't even have my computer. I normally spend 14+hrs a day on my computer so I promised my girlfriend (now fiancee) that I would not bring my computer. The vacation would be all about us....
That stinks of absolute bullsht.
When people are lying, they tend to go into far too much detail about events, to try and make the situation seem more realistic.
This story is full of it.

So not only did he drain my paypal account,
Highly doubt that. PayPal prevents you from saving passwords, and there sessions expire after a short period of inactivity.
See the bit in bold below, that's what stops you.
Quote from: PayPalSourceCode
input type="password"   id="login_password"  name="login_password"  autocomplete="off"

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 02:31:47 AM

I think epics went rogue. Just fess up and pay back.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 03:08:09 AM

Don't care either way what happened, all I know is "epiks" took about 1k USD from me. If he ever wants to get up with me he can feel free right here.

BTC Long.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 12:49:19 PM

Thats why one should have an encrypted os (truecrypt for example). But anyway... because the brother begged you? If he fucked you this hard he made it fully purposely. He sells your things and had to plan before to beg you. Probably having in mind his sister will protect him. That shows a really bad character and he will do it again as soon as he can.
Does he take drugs or why did he get this idea? You should check if youre really married and this isnt only a scheme of a couple where one pretended to be your wife now.

He cant await mercy.

But in fact i think thats a story only. How many people know bitcoins and know what to do with this all? I dont think one could check out this all so fast and start the first scams in a way that the others think the original person is it. I think there was a good situation to scam and so he took. Trying to save a bit reputation by claiming he is honest. I believe it after the scammed ones got their money back.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 01:04:30 AM

This is the funniest thread on these forums.

The ridiculous, convoluted lie was hilarious enough, but then when he went back and changed it to a much more vague lie was the icing on the cake.

I also love his "another forum" and "bitcoin only mac mall" which are never linked to.

The truly sad part is that he actually did manage to scam someone for a reasonable amount of money. Some kid is sitting with his buddies right now smoking free Silk Road weed, telling his epic con-artist story, and thinking he is a fucking genius because he lied his way into some free bud with no consequences, haha.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 01:11:39 AM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qWIha3Fx7BYJ:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D121031.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

Not sure if this will work

Texted copied from cached

Hello all,

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:32:10 AM

epiks has been giving a scammer tag
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35216

I still say coin cleaner is epiks.  anyone have any evidence.

This and email i received in response to a PM to epics when this started.

Delivered-To: fdajkddcek@gmail.com
Received: by 10.112.86.225 with SMTP id s1csp54476lbz;
        Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <ccphazed@gmail.com>
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of ccphazed@gmail.com designates 10.50.40.225 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.50.40.225
Authentication-Results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of ccphazed@gmail.com designates 10.50.40.225 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=ccphazed@gmail.com; dkim=pass header.i=ccphazed@gmail.com
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.50.40.225])
        by 10.50.40.225 with SMTP id a1mr7870684igl.7.1350840826053 (num_hops = 1);
        Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:33:46 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
        h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
        bh=GeW9nZMc1tTF6BZ+/2j92aLdVAZAJFQq6lfmgz/aUgc=;
        b=ssJhhcLpiqodM+Xta5SFkkujsSZ3YkdkomoqJ0FGt6VCwzPJ4YL3k14PCkOlpT+qzv
         Oe7maEsS2f+MVbrDQt5ERXLDb/XiWL4gnOqTZXrWTONRlUITZi7EzmCj/xJ4J94dEYPd
         Oosz0evzxw0oqKJDbNeydoh6JuQLKl7y3nx6GbwcSS6pGmQT0XOdwxhSE/9VX+xHS1Lf
         LqMCzt/vvm9+mNOqItosVdjyP00MfvWThGHVHR6yr5voEZ+8zNmncnBLD+n23AwCBKgu
         LYZGHU97sVDZILB00jLYvEr6Hs85LQfkpK3wQq5Z2kXu0KeENsJKud+3ppuIpnDUzoZJ
         A4Ug==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.50.40.225 with SMTP id a1mr7870684igl.7.1350840826028; Sun, 21
 Oct 2012 10:33:46 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.64.135.6 with HTTP; Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:33:46 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:33:46 -0700
Message-ID: <CAJh0mq8y1h=L+TUb=Z8ozjD3srQLo=JQaw2RnPE0-Xk7gfkaVA@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: bcb (bitcointalk)
To: fdajkddcek@gmail.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=14dae9340cb795637004cc952352

--14dae9340cb795637004cc952352
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hey, its epiks. Sorry I missed your email, I was on vacation in Hawaii and
I made a deal with the gf, no computer for two weeks. I am not able to send
you a reply with my main email, I no longer have access to it. I still get
notifications on my phone but I can't send messages or login anymore. I'm
not sure if I got hacked/keylogged or if maybe its a server issue with my
hosting.

I hope all is well with you, things have been a bit hectic here, as I was
trying to relax in Hawaii I found out my gf's d-bag of a brother stole my
laptop and drained my paypal account while he was so generously "house
sitting" for us.

this is an email I received from the "real" epics

Delivered-To: fdajkddcek@gmail.com
Received: by 10.112.101.198 with SMTP id fi6csp454813lbb;
        Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.60.13.9 with SMTP id d9mr11153193oec.84.1346098703023;
        Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <Jeff@epikads.com>
Received: from gateway12.websitewelcome.com ([69.93.157.3])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTP id tj7si17656504obb.71.2012.08.27.13.18.22;
        Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:22 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 69.93.157.3 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of Jeff@epikads.com) client-ip=69.93.157.3;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 69.93.157.3 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of Jeff@epikads.com) smtp.mail=Jeff@epikads.com
Received: by gateway12.websitewelcome.com (Postfix, from userid 5007)
   id 7428DA1B02021; Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:18:23 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from gator1758.hostgator.com (gator1758.hostgator.com [50.97.101.194])
   by gateway12.websitewelcome.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 2EE6EA1B01F24
   for <fdajkddcek@gmail.com>; Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:18:23 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from [209.85.212.52] (port=34660 helo=mail-vb0-f52.google.com)
   by gator1758.hostgator.com with esmtpsa (TLSv1:RC4-SHA:128)
   (Exim 4.77)
   (envelope-from <Jeff@EpikAds.com>)
   id 1T65lN-0005wq-Ft
   for fdajkddcek@gmail.com; Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:18:21 -0500
Received: by vbjk17 with SMTP id k17so7024376vbj.39
        for <fdajkddcek@gmail.com>; Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:21 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.220.215.66 with SMTP id hd2mr12638399vcb.55.1346098700999;
 Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.220.220.207 with HTTP; Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:18:20 -0700
Message-ID: <CAAmxYZ_FBeeZ21oNyju0f=Tj9A_AVLF+LmbZjVYs9uArSpNqAQ@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: bitcointalk
To: fdajkddcek@gmail.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=bcaec54ee72ae7dba204c8450666
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - gator1758.hostgator.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - EpikAds.com
X-BWhitelist: no
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
X-Source-Sender: (mail-vb0-f52.google.com) [209.85.212.52]:34660
X-Source-Auth: jeff+epikads.com
X-Email-Count: 1
X-Source-Cap: YW5hcmNoeTthbmFyY2h5O2dhdG9yMTc1OC5ob3N0Z2F0b3IuY29t

--bcaec54ee72ae7dba204c8450666
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hey its epiks,

I'm in need of some cash..Would you be willing to buy 40btc for $400 via
PP? I'd hope you trust me by now, but I'm more than willing to go first.

Thanks!

--bcaec54ee72ae7dba204c8450666
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

The whois for EPIKADS.COM is a domain by proxy.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 06:04:35 PM

I also have this email from an old trade

j.cstrom@live.com

but it is not longer active.