Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:12:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The top is in  (Read 2645 times)
Fontas Returns (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:48:01 PM

The top is in on this run-up. Time to unload and take profits. Wink
SnokkomBTC

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:54:20 PM

The bottom is in on this bearmarket. Time to buy and hodl. Wink
ftfy

Sometimes, if it looks too bearish, it's actually bullish
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:00:36 PM

Way to post 13 minutes after the initial top. You are so wise.  Wink
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:07:22 PM

we've seen a decent upwards movement of the price today. i'm sure there will be some traders taking profit very soon. it's notmal.
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:12:27 PM

we're going to test 300 within the next week, but not without a retrace or two along the way i think.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:17:20 PM

we're going to test 300 within the next week, but not without a retrace or two along the way i think.

Lol no. It's just another dead cat. You should know by now... within a week we'll  be back down to low 200s

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:40:14 PM

So, are you really the mythical one? The Fontas of great, who bends Litecoin to his will?
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:06:47 PM

I'll be sure to take my profits somewhere between 265 or 270, given that it will be a $60 profit for each bitcoin I bought. For the course of a year with these kind of small rises, it's been very profitable for those who haven't been to greedy to think that it will somehow do a great leap and a similar rise like Nov. 2013. Wake up, people, all of those are things in the past. I don't want to be a pessimist or anything, but it is the reality (though some other things could happen along the way, bitcoin markets are somewhat different from other markets out there.)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:09:44 PM

Wake up, people, all of those are things in the past.

I'm not sure the modest cycle of pump followed by inevitable dump is really very sustainable in the long run. There must be an army of holders vs a relatively small pool of active traders. Once the holders are royally sick of the same old shit the trading types may find themselves dumped into oblivion.

Lots of folks are hoping for a far future. If it looks like it'll never arrive the market party may grind to a halt.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:16:59 PM

I'm not sure the modest cycle of pump followed by inevitable dump is really very sustainable in the long run. There must be an army of holders vs a relatively small pool of active traders. Once the holders are royally sick of the same old shit the trading types may find themselves dumped into oblivion.

Lots of folks are hoping for a far future. If it looks like it'll never arrive the market party may grind to a halt.

^this.  BTC whales need to get past their greed dumping Bitcoin into oblivion and cockteasing the whole community with these mini pumps, the time is now to start recovery again.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:35:44 PM

It has already hit my north target for this month, and a little bit more. I'm expecting a fall over the next month or so, but I'll still be hodling because I don't know of an exchange I can trust to hold FIAT for me (any opinions on that appreciated - I'm not US/EU based which restricts things a little).

I'll watch it fall if it chooses, because I expect much better things by the end of the year, so rather than being Gox'd, I'd rather keep in cold storage for now and wait for larger northward moves where the only reason I would trade out is in anticipation of collecting a few more coins at a better price after that.  If it does get a bit toppy then I'll consider moving into physical gold and wait for a new buy in opportunity back into BTC.
Fontas Returns (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:45:54 PM

Way to post 13 minutes after the initial top. You are so wise.  Wink
I perfectly predicted this weeks ago. I'm the self proclaimed greatest bitcoin analyst there is.
Fontas Returns (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:48:14 PM

So, are you really the mythical one? The Fontas of great, who bends Litecoin to his will?
I am a protégé of the great one. He was my teacher. May the blockchain smile upon him.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:03:44 PM

...I'll still be hodling because I don't know of an exchange I can trust to hold FIAT for me (any opinions on that appreciated - I'm not US/EU based which restricts things a little). ...

(Disclaimer: I get paid for my sig by an options exchange)

Keep your BTC and buy "vanilla call options" - if the BTC price goes down, you profit. If the price doesn't go down you'll only have lost what you paid for the call options.

As an example, say you had 5 BTC that you'd prefer to keep, rather than sell and trust your fiat to an exchange. BTC/USD is $265 right now. Contract size at Coinut is 0.01, so you'd need 500 call options. Call options with a "strike price" of 265 (i.e. they pay out when BTC is below $265) cost ~0.0012 - you'd pay 0.6 BTC and if the BTC price fell to $255 you'd make $50 - in BTC. Apart from the 0.6 BTC you pay for the options, the remainder stays safe in your wallet.

You can save money but lose potential profit by buying calls with a lower strike price.

This space intentionally left blank.
lolikop

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:05:01 PM

This top is not the same halving is near and many people  wanna buy its moon time
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:44:14 PM

At 262 now, well when it drop to 260 I call it quits. Cheesy Profit time!
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:51:42 PM

Come on guys, What has happened to some positivity in this place? I know that this long depression is coming to us all, but we have broken only $260.

You remember the time when we were over $1,000? Well Bitcoin is capable of this again, trust me. All we need is believe a bit more in it!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:09:00 PM

A tiny retrace means that we have passed the top already?

I think we will see some higher points first, probably atleast 280 before the end of next week.

The shape is ofcourse forming a top, but there might be a higher top next to it!
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:22:36 PM

Come on guys, What has happened to some positivity in this place? I know that this long depression is coming to us all, but we have broken only $260.

You remember the time when we were over $1,000? Well Bitcoin is capable of this again, trust me. All we need is believe a bit more in it!

I agree with you, the long downfall caused many people to lose faith in higher numbers and support. It has been a while since we had bad news , which
was the main reason why bitcoin didn't continue it's ascend. 1000$ is not a matter of if , but when
OP may be right about this being the top, but for the week, most certanly not for this month or year.
Fontas Returns (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:25:59 PM

A tiny retrace means that we have passed the top already?

I think we will see some higher points first, probably atleast 280 before the end of next week.

The shape is ofcourse forming a top, but there might be a higher top next to it!

I do think the double top is likely, but I think the top top is in 80%+ chance, some small chance of a double top that exceeds the first top.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: