Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:38:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATI mining GPU for BTC/LTC Website (Loan)  (Read 1155 times)
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 12:12:27 AM

Hi there,

As you know I have a giveaway website up and that is a side project.

At the moment I am mining with a Nvidia card and I really would like to get an ATI card.

So I am going for a loan for a decent ATI mining card. I have been thinking about getting a 5850 or a 5870.

So I am asking for a Bitcoin loan so I can get one of these cards.

The coins that I get from mining will be going to buy steam games and key to put on my websites giveaways. One giveaway a week is the plan. At the moment it is self funded so getting decent prizes is really tough but I am trying.

Can anyone help me with a loan for a 5870 card? That is the card I think could be good to start off with.

Please can anyone help me and get me off the ground at least?

I am going to give back to this community so much.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:35:21 AM

I would be willing to provide any form of ID to the person lending me the BTC's. That includes driving license, a utility bill dated within three months with my name and address on. All this as already been verified on BTCJAM under my username.

How come no-one is interested in loaning me the BTC's?
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:13:30 PM

I really want to get this website going. I am trying to get money together to a least giveaway a steam game key. I am going to try and get a couple of 5870's in December but until then I am really struggling to get some prizes for the website. I am mining with a Nvidia card. Great for gaming but that's it.

Can no-one loan me then BTC's at all?

I have already had one offer but turned it down an offer as the amount with the timescale I could not afford to pay back so I am being serious.

I would not turn down offers if I was going to run away with anyone's coins, I would have just took the first coins offered to me.
btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

I really want to get this website going. I am trying to get money together to a least giveaway a steam game key. I am going to try and get a couple of 5870's in December but until then I am really struggling to get some prizes for the website. I am mining with a Nvidia card. Great for gaming but that's it.

Can no-one loan me then BTC's at all?

I have already had one offer but turned it down an offer as the amount with the timescale I could not afford to pay back so I am being serious.

I would not turn down offers if I was going to run away with anyone's coins, I would have just took the first coins offered to me.

Short answer: Don't buy GPUs now, you won't make a profit. Long answer. It's not that no one trusts you, it's that no one thinks anyone is going to succeed with that business model.

Could you give away something other than Steam keys? This forum is full of small businesses who need cheap advertising options. Try asking for donations of products and services instead of money. Make it easy for everyone who didn't win to buy the prize they want, and make sure it's an affiliate link that you profit from. Market yourself as an advertising platform full of people who love to try new things as long as the first one's free.

If you aren't going to run with the coins, then a business model that doesn't require you to take on debt should be an improvement, right?

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 04:19:27 AM

You'll get more interest if you state exactly how many BTC you are looking to borrow, and for how long. Will you make payments or pay it all back at once?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: