Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-10-17] bitcoin.com: Gemini’s Volume Moving up but not Pushing BitcoinPrice  (Read 451 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:40:38 AM

Gemini’s Volume Moving up but not Pushing Bitcoin Price

Since the announcement in January, the anticipated launch of the Bitcoin exchange Gemini has been on the minds of many. The Winklevoss brothers have shown their intentions by building a fully-regulated U.S. cryptocurrency exchange. Customers began onboarding, and the volume has almost doubled every two days. At press time, Gemini  sits at 17 out of 32 on the Bitcoinity.org list.

https://news.bitcoin.com/gemini-volume-moving-up-not-pushing-bitcoin/

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:50:05 AM

Of course it's not pushing the price. How can some one seriously expect that from an exchange that has just started and only serve US custommers at this point. I know the Winklevoss twins were very loud with everything related to their exchange, but it needs time. Give it at least a few months to settle and then start publishing these kind of articles.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 10:35:15 AM

Of course it's not pushing the price. How can some one seriously expect that from an exchange that has just started and only serve US custommers at this point. I know the Winklevoss twins were very loud with everything related to their exchange, but it needs time. Give it at least a few months to settle and then start publishing these kind of articles.

Agree, they have hardly left the starting blocks at this stage of the game. Still a very long road ahead for them.

Some serious volumes being done in China though...

In fact, volume in China has been very high over the past week, with the top exchange Huobi trading at 604,668 BTC per day — eclipsing the Twins small exchange multiple times over.

At current prices that's around US$165 million a day, impressive.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 10:42:20 AM

i must agree with you 100%, people are so excited sometimes, that exchange just need time, and you have described it very well, let them expand their exchange ( that from my point of view is awesome... ) and we will see in few months how big are them then.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: