Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bathroom floor heating trough watercooled miners  (Read 2033 times)
SunnyIgor (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:29:41 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I am getting my bathroom redone completely.

I own a total of 4 water cooled S5's and a C1 for which I'm fixing a radiator system.
Since I like not tot waste the heat completely, how doable do you guys think it will be the get floor heating on my new bathroom?

I first thought of just the C1 as a permanent heater with it's 360 rad. But the floor acts al a big rad aswell 5 m2.
So if I have 5 m2 as radiator my heat will be distributed trough some pipes and up through the floor.

better temps for miners?
nice heated floor bathroom?

also a temp controlled switch could be made when it gets to hot it will activate my radiator cabinet on the balcony.....

just a idea as I am almost finished with my radiator cabinat which will be on the balcony to avoid sauna temps.

wath do you guys think?

Just get the contractor onboard and go for it, seems like he will...
I have about 4 week before he could start.

I need to have a backup plan to add normal floor heating source or whatever in case I sell my appartment.

Really love to hear some opinions on this.

No roi bitching, please

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:59:43 AM

I think it's a great idea, always seems such a pity that "Miner Heat" is treated as a problem rather than something to be made use off. I have a conservatory with underfloor heating that has never been connected and have been thinking along similar lines.

A issue I have considered but not resolved in my mind is do you just directly pump the Miner fluid through the underfloor heating pipes or do you use a heat exchanger and keep the mining & underfloor systems separate? I lean towards using a heat exchanger which might also make coping with selling easier. In my case I would then just couple the heat exchanger to the main central heating system.

Will be interested to see how the project progresses.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:05:33 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 04:00:26 PM by mavericklm

I like it better than a radiator! but hopefully the floor is sucking more heat.

From what i remember, the temp of the floor should not get over ~25C because all the dust will go up in the air. Also the materials will be put on a big temperature swing if temps are higher...

I still enjoy my setup, now only with 1 c2(2*s5 watercooled) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1120213.0
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:44:23 PM

I don't know if it will be a real project.
just some idea popped in to my mind seeing an unused c1 in the bathroom.
I am looking for some experts opinion on it if it will be doable.
Also just finiched my sick radiator cabitnet.

And I am building a bong tower cooler for even better cooling.
So if the floor gets to hot a switch could send de fluid to the system I originally had in mind.

anamichii

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:55:47 PM

with radiator like that, what about the miner temps? still high or?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:45:28 PM

That is a huge area with fans on radiator.    Thanks for sharing I have not seen anyone go to this level before.

How many do you think you will be using with that?  Also with running through floor and miners what coolant are you going to use?
beffje

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:56:44 PM

I think it's a good idea to use the heat to but....
You are talking about 3200 watt for your bathroom. Now you can make a buck. But in two years ore less you don't with your S5 set up.
And don't know much about bathrooms. But maybe a bit expensive over a period of 10 years.
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:57:50 AM

That is a huge area with fans on radiator.    Thanks for sharing I have not seen anyone go to this level before.

How many do you think you will be using with that?  Also with running through floor and miners what coolant are you going to use?

these radiators where for my 4 s5 + c1 and looking to expand in s5's, as ik will set it up on a balcony and winter is commming.....
I will have to many cooling and my miners will have to be overclocked to keep them warm Cheesy  Cheesy

As far as the batroom heating goes normaly it would be connected to the radiator or central heating ststem, it think that is just water.
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:59:55 AM

s5 about 50 - 60 overclocked

c1 30 will crap if overclocked
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:09:46 AM

You are talking about 3200 watt for your bathroom. Now you can make a buck. But in two years ore less you don't with your S5 set up.
And don't know much about bathrooms. But maybe a bit expensive over a period of 10 years.

No roi talk, is not relevant in my situation.
and as backup it schould be able to connect to the radiator in the bathroom.

I also dont know anything about bathrooms and or floorheating Grin
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:22:16 AM

you should not go too high! higher than 30C at floor level means all the dust will go up and the stress of the materials caused by temperature might be too high!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:44:45 AM

What coolant do you use for this?   Do you use coolant for electrical equipment?

Or is it something else since you would need a lot I'm guessing.
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:10:04 PM

What coolant do you use for this?   Do you use coolant for electrical equipment?

Or is it something else since you would need a lot I'm guessing.

I use coolant now, but if my bong water cooling tower is in place.
I think I must use water to evaporate...
If the floor gets to hot, some system or switch should activate either my radiators and or bong cooling.

The normal bathroom heating my parents have is connected to there warm water radiator.
That would only be necessary if I sell my apartment or if bitcoin dies.
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:24:36 PM

I am going to the hardware store tomorrow who specialize in heating, floor heating and get some more info.

Main thing is miners stay as cool as possible and bathroom floor gets some heating form otherwise wasted heat. I allready have more than enough cooling.

That is also why I am seeking cheap s5's for this water cooling project.
or somebody should make an S7 water cooling kit....

I have 1 s7 with outside air of about 12 degree Celsius and a mini titan for home heating Grin
And maybe I get 1 more s7 if bitmain fixes there shipping issues.

But than the place would be like 25+ degree Celsius
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:03:34 AM

I think this kind of project is fantastic and there is no doubt some of the world's next best things may come out of someone's heated bathroom floor, or you name it.
I am getting into Solar and now I am starting to see how people do it with a long payback. You start with small amounts and use it for everything which makes sense in your domicile, or wherever. It isn't for everyone, just as many of these situations are not going to be, but for the people who are something like heated bathroom floors or heated floors in general are great for miners.

Figure out how to make them heat and cool, along with a temperature control system which almost any homeowner can integrate to their own central heat and air system. Why not start at the bathroom floor?

Good stuff man, keep it coming.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:37:01 AM

I think this kind of project is fantastic and there is no doubt some of the world's next best things may come out of someone's heated bathroom floor, or you name it.
I am getting into Solar and now I am starting to see how people do it with a long payback. You start with small amounts and use it for everything which makes sense in your domicile, or wherever. It isn't for everyone, just as many of these situations are not going to be, but for the people who are something like heated bathroom floors or heated floors in general are great for miners.

Figure out how to make them heat and cool, along with a temperature control system which almost any homeowner can integrate to their own central heat and air system. Why not start at the bathroom floor?

Good stuff man, keep it coming.

I would agree.  I have seen this talked about many different times. But no one ever ended up doing it.

But OP is actually showing a process of making heated floors from miners.  I cant wait to see what it is in the end of project.
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:30:08 AM

Thanks for the support Grin

But I will get some expert opinion probably today from the shop, at least a cost price.
What i would like is some (expert)minds helping me along with this. I am complete noob on watercooling and bathroomfloors, otherwise I think I will go with my radiators cabinet outside and bong tower cooling.

But that would be such a waste of the heat Sad
Maybe just two s5 water cooled S5's in C1 housing for the bathroom floor would be enough depending on ambient temp

And i am planning to expand my mining farm....
SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:29:21 PM

Sad Sad Sad Sad

400 watt for 5 m2,

was al it could use as permanent heating system.

If the water gets to hot it will squeeze until only little a little bit flows trough the tubes to save tiles

The cost were relative cheap 400 euro for the system but it could only be used for a undervolted c1 or 1 s5 blade.

More advanced systems would be way over budget,

But I might still do it, with the C1 because it is I like warm bathroom feet, Grin

and it's cool Grin

Can c1 be downvolted in firmware or is pencilmod needed?
hmblm1245

Activity: 628

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:46:42 PM

Love the idea as i to hate 'wasting' energy. In the past i have seen some pics about dehydrating fruit with some gpu miners. If it leaks or anything do you think the hoa would care?

SunnyIgor (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:06:09 PM

i'm not doing the project, sorry guys we need better ways not to wast the heat.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: