Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:38:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is up with all these broke dicks requesting loans?  (Read 4115 times)
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:33:26 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2012, 04:58:59 PM by Tomatocage

Seriously, a loan for $10?  Or $40?  If you can't afford that, chances are high that you're not going to be able to repay off a "loan".  Where do all these poverty idiots come from?

Edit: I'm talking about new users who just registered.  Sorry for any confusion.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:34:35 PM

Seriously, a loan for $10?  Or $40?  If you can't afford that, chances are high that you're not going to be able to repay off a "loan".  Where do all these poverty idiots come from?

Low self-esteem scammers? Don't have the confidence to steal $500 so they try for $20.

or

Multitasking scammers? Make 100 sockpuppet accounts steal $10 using each and you got a cool grand.
peepee

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:36:08 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 07:24:44 AM by peepee

Cheesy
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:37:14 PM

Easy, they are looking for newbies with a few BTC to scam!
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:10:18 PM

Why do you spend so much time in this section if you hate what is here so much tomatorage?

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:33:45 PM

Seriously, a loan for $10?  Or $40?  If you can't afford that, chances are high that you're not going to be able to repay off a "loan".  Where do all these poverty idiots come from?

Have you ever tried to buy just $10 worth of BTC? It's pretty hard to do, it makes more sense & is easier to just borrow the $10 worth of BTC when your a few bucks short for your SR medication & then pay it back when you buy your next batch of BTC.
Not to be contrary, but 4/5 of the ways I have bought and sold are just as easy with 10$ or 1000$ - which sellers are you talking about?
pat231

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:16:34 PM

I asked for a few bucks twice because 10-50$ might be small but it is still money, and the people lending still make a small profit. What is the big deal? It is a win-win for both most of the times.

They get the Money when they need it, and the loaners make some money. WIN WIN

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:18:03 PM

But, seriously, are all these broke people called Richard? I hadn't notices, though I must say I don't follow those threads at all.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:03:28 PM

Why do you spend so much time in this section if you hate what is here so much tomatorage?

Because fuck you.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:11:35 PM

Genius.  You must be the king of your local debate masterbators club.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:15:47 PM

Tomatocage

You a "Hero Member."  Bitcoin has a bad enough rep with all the scammers.  Surly you can articulate yourself and represent me and bitcoin a little more civilly.

Thanks

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:21:17 PM

+1 for the above.

Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:24:22 PM

Tomatocage

You a "Hero Member."  Bitcoin has a bad enough rep with all the scammers.  Surly you can articulate yourself and represent me and bitcoin a little more civilly.

Thanks

I know four languages: English, profanity, sarcasm, and real talk.  Scammers mostly deserve the second and latter.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:25:39 PM

Yea, I hear you.   but is underminer a scammer?  (I don't know)
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:28:23 PM

Underminer,

If I have time (like a weather day today) i'll skim all the threads and if I see suspect behavior I'll call it out.    I'm not a lender or a borrower, but the is just too much riff raff on this board.  An it my opinon it is up to the member to police the boards becuase it seem the admins won't (unless it involves a personal feud).

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:30:26 PM

Let's find out: (!)

1.  Feel free to watch me closely in the future.
2.  Do I have any open loan requests? (No, just the poll but that's not a request.)
3.  Have I requested a loan at all so far. (No.)
4.  Do I have successful purchases and sales in hardware. (Yes.)

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:38:20 PM

All positive flags if someone was researching a trade or loan to you.

But in my opinion a scammer is someone who does not uphold their side of a trade, or repay a loan with in the specified time and does not make agreed upon efforts to extend the time frame.

And you can only be a scammer AFTER this event occurs.  

Unfortunately many members troll the newbee and lendor boards and and cry scammer anytime they seek a loan or want to pay with Paypal

easily 2/3 of my trades are with newbees who come here to check out bitcoin and are making there first small purchase.  and 99.9% of them were not scammers.

EDIT: The other .1% refuse to provide any verication and usually go on to scam other.  Coincleaner and other.  (I actually started a WATCH LIST for just this reason but unfortunately is did not receive much attention).

So it is one thing to be cautious and warn user, but it is also not very productive, or friendly or welcoming to automatically accuse new members just because they fit some predefined profile.

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:50:18 PM

Which makes me wonder what tomatoe's purpose is in patrolling the lending section.  (He also paTROLLs hardware for sale.)

SaintDevil

Activity: 126

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:38:09 PM

All positive flags if someone was researching a trade or loan to you.

But in my opinion a scammer is someone who does not uphold their side of a trade, or repay a loan with in the specified time and does not make agreed upon efforts to extend the time frame.

And you can only be a scammer AFTER this event occurs.  

Unfortunately many members troll the newbee and lendor boards and and cry scammer anytime they seek a loan or want to pay with Paypal

easily 2/3 of my trades are with newbees who come here to check out bitcoin and are making there first small purchase.  and 99.9% of them were not scammers.

EDIT: The other .1% refuse to provide any verication and usually go on to scam other.  Coincleaner and other.  (I actually started a WATCH LIST for just this reason but unfortunately is did not receive much attention).

So it is one thing to be cautious and warn user, but it is also not very productive, or friendly or welcoming to automatically accuse new members just because they fit some predefined profile.

+ 1
Do not accuse unless you learn about someone.

Which makes me wonder what tomatoe's purpose is in patrolling the lending section.  (He also paTROLLs hardware for sale.)

He prob got hurt on borrowing someone a lot of money.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:39:15 PM

we've all been scammed.  It's no fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print