Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would someone put together a portal that buys sells gift cards?  (Read 965 times)
cunicula (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:15:35 PM

All these people on the forum are selling gift cards. Other people are buying them. But it is likely a nasty market place full of fraud.

Seems like a simple BTC business would be to buy and resell gift cards. The differentiation point is that you would be a trusted, long-term buyer and seller with an easy-to-use system.

Force buyers to use irreversible BTC, but refund the BTC in the event of fraud that they can substantiate.

Don't buy from very sketchy sellers at all, pay slightly sketchy sellers with paypal, and pay well-trusted sellers with BTC.

If this already exists, point me there. I will have gift cards to sell come Christmas.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 06:53:24 AM

https://www.plasticjungle.com/main  lots of these type of sites exist for usd, nothing for btc yet.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:12:19 AM

the hard part is even though users can verify it has value at the time of purchasing there is no protection once the transaction is complete, from the seller spending the card and also keeping the bitcoin.

if for instance you adopt a reputation scheme where funds are not transmitted until positive feedback is given. there is no way of knowing after the fact who used the balance.

EG buyer receives card, spends it then leaves negative feedback saying non receipt and balance of card now zero. which means they get the bitcoin back. leaving the seller at a loss.

thats why giftcards should remain in the FIAT trade system as there is atleast chargeback rules which if used ethically would protect actual losses.. bitcoin has no protection.

and dont get me started on parcel tracking..

its possible to have an envelope get it posted using a tracking service. claim that as your proof of delivery. but when the buyer receives it and opens it, all they find is a letter saying:

"ha ha sucker, by reading this i have given proof of delivery, so i get your coins. you loser!" or something to that respect with no card in the envelope.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 04:11:38 PM

Limited selection, but I always use http://btcbuy.info/GiftCards.cshtml for my Newegg Cards. I've used them for hundreds of dollars of GCs, and they've always been pretty fast. Just bought a $140 one from them last week.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 05:01:18 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 05:36:44 AM by Garr255

Your idea would be cool, and surely easy to implement especially for someone who already has an automated escrow site.

I just put together a craptastic page to automate the sale of some $50 iTunes cards. http://bit-raffle.com/itunes.html

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: