Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant Problem! [RESOLVED] [BitInstant and TrustCash are the best]]  (Read 1070 times)
spudraleigh (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:42:57 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2012, 02:41:29 AM by spudraleigh

One last thing and then I will shut up.

I really messed up and then spewed about it.  I feel horrible. I just wanted to add that even though I was totally at fault and then whined like a little b*tch about it, both BI and TC responded quickly and resolved my issue beyond what I would have ever expected.  This, in the face of the largest disaster to hit the East Coast in history, was truly heroic.

I want to extend my prayers and thoughts to all those at these two companies (especially Charlie) and all those  affected by Sandy.

Spud

Hi All,

YOU CAN SAFELY IGNORE ALL OF THIS! IT WAS MY FAULT .. MEA CULPA

I am new here but not to BTC.  On 10/24, I made a sizable deposit through BitInstant to my BC address.  This money made it through to TrustCash and I have confirmed that by viewing my account on TC and speaking to them by phone on 10/26.  The reason I called TrustCash is because I made an error in the original request on BI and wanted to make sure my money didn't get lost.  They told me they have the money and to not worry, they would send the info to BI and it would be "manually matched" and corrected within about 24 hours.  Now, BI was still down at the time so I figured it made sense to wait 48+ hours to check.

Well, BI is now back online and when checking the status of my DEP# they have no record.  They have ignored several emails and their voicemail still says they are "closed" as of right now!

What is up with this?  I hope I don't lose my money or have it stuck in limbo forever because of this mess.  Hopefully someone from BitInstant is monitoring for subjects containing BitInstant to help with this.

Thanks - Spud
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:49:53 PM

Charlie is actively posting on the boards right now

Yankee (BitInstant)

Bitinstant is one of the more legitimate and public  bitcoin business in the community (who may or may be dealing with ongoing AML / KYC issues and thus intermittent disruptions of services).

I'm not sure why guy panic and start new threads hear everytime there is a hickup in their system,  before they've exhausted all channels of contact with bitinstant.

Unless they are out of town, traveling (or down due to weather!) I've never seen them be anything but transparent and responsive.

Unfortunately I think this speaks more to the general distrust of bitcoin in general then any issues with Bitinstant specifically.

spudraleigh (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:10:31 PM

There is no panic here.  What additional contact methods would you suggest?  I have phoned and emailed many times over several days with NO response.  I have experience with BTC but this deposit was made over 5 days ago and it has remained stagnant in the system.

I have a long background in eComm and respect the downtime, regulatory issues, etc, but a response and some customer service (even a simple "sorry, we're really busy now, but we will address your problem in 3 days" or ANYTHING) would be nice.

And of course I am distrustful Bitcoin! At this early stage it is prudent to be.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:14:45 PM

I totally agree about customer service!

PM him at

Yankee (BitInstant)

evoorhees  also works for bitinstant

They both are very active on the boards.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 07:17:31 PM

Hey there,

Please PM or email me charlie@bitinstant.com with all your order info.

Our support is a little backlogged as our office is closed bc of Hurricane Sandy (they won't let us cross into Manhattan!)

However, we have caught up and Im responding to messages directly.

It's odd that you said our support said "Sorry, we cant help you" because in our 1+ years here, we have never done that nor scammed anyone. I'm sure its just miscommunication or lack of information on your end.

Regardless, email me your information ASAP before I lose power from the storm

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
spudraleigh (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:42:39 PM

Thank you Charlie!  I will contact your shortly but I want to go on record here because your customer service did not say anything especially not "sorry, we can't help you."  It just went to voicemail and I now get it.  You guys are in the middle of a disaster of historic proportions and I apologize for in any way questioning your honor - Spud
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 07:51:24 PM

Thank you Charlie!  I will contact your shortly but I want to go on record here because your customer service did not say anything especially not "sorry, we can't help you."  It just went to voicemail and I now get it.  You guys are in the middle of a disaster of historic proportions and I apologize for in any way questioning your honor - Spud

Spud (and everyone else)

First, our limits are $1000 per transfer

Second, its called TrustCASH not TrustACH Transfer

We call it cash deposit for a reason!

You did a $1300 ACH which we do not support- we will likely send it back to you.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, but please follow the instructions next time, this causes us issues

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
spudraleigh (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:56:57 PM

Not a BC problem at all!  I f'ed up and tried to game the system.  Live and learn.  Bitcoin was quite helpful in resolving this problem that I created - Spud
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:10:05 PM

Change your topic subject too....

BITINSTANT: always follow instructions!
Bitco

Activity: 746
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:29:37 PM

First, our limits are $1000 per transfer

Second, its called TrustCASH not TrustACH Transfer

We call it cash deposit for a reason!

You did a $1300 ACH which we do not support- we will likely send it back to you.

What?  How is this situation even possible?
spudraleigh (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:33:58 PM

It's not.  That's why it did not work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: