Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to send from Electrum 1.9.8 Cold Storage  (Read 783 times)
BitcoinNewsMagazine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 03:15:54 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 03:43:50 AM by BitcoinNewsMagazine

Just had a problem signing a transaction with my offline Electrum 1.9.8 wallet. I created the transaction as usual in online watching only 1.9.8, took to offline wallet and signed the transaction. When I brought the transaction to the online wallet and tried to broadcast I got this error:

ThomasV, what is going on here and how to fix please? I need to move bitcoin out of the cold storage wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:20:09 AM

this is caused by the malleability issue.
you have to upgrade to latest electrum version (2.5)
please don't forget to report back if it worked.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:54:09 PM

I have a cold storage wallet on 1.9.8 as well. Unfortunately I'm not the most tech savvy individual. Could you possibly give me a brief description of how to upgrade correctly? I basically have an offline netbook I use with a watch only wallet on my online machine. Thanks in advance!
BitcoinNewsMagazine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 04:13:19 PM

I have a cold storage wallet on 1.9.8 as well. Unfortunately I'm not the most tech savvy individual. Could you possibly give me a brief description of how to upgrade correctly? I basically have an offline netbook I use with a watch only wallet on my online machine. Thanks in advance!

Sorry I can't help you upgrade to a new cold storage solution using Electrum. I just wanted to retrieve bitcoin from 1.9.8 and transfer to Trezor. Go to your offline wallet and get the seed, write it down, then download 2.5.1 and install on your online computer. When asked choose the option to restore a wallet from seed. Enter your seed and proceed, it will take a while to sync but your correct balance should pop up. At this time I prefer to use myTrezor.com over Electrum. Since slush updated the backend myTrezor.com handles malleability properly and is fast.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:11:11 PM

Sorry I can't help you upgrade to a new cold storage solution using Electrum. I just wanted to retrieve bitcoin from 1.9.8 and transfer to Trezor. Go to your offline wallet and get the seed, write it down, then download 2.5.1 and install on your online computer. When asked choose the option to restore a wallet from seed. Enter your seed and proceed, it will take a while to sync but your correct balance should pop up. At this time I prefer to use myTrezor.com over Electrum. Since slush updated the backend myTrezor.com handles malleability properly and is fast.

Thanks. So if I try to enter my 12 word seed from 1.9.8 into 2.5.1, it will accept it even though the new version takes a 13 word seed?
BitcoinNewsMagazine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 07:15:01 PM

Thanks. So if I try to enter my 12 word seed from 1.9.8 into 2.5.1, it will accept it even though the new version takes a 13 word seed?

Worked for me. What do you have to lose?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: