Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:45:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this the beginning of the end to PayPal?  (Read 4722 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 08:03:02 PM

http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2012/10/29/paypal-cutting-jobs-as-part-major-reorganization/

PayPal needs such talent more than ever because a slew of payments start-ups, including Square, Stripe and Dwolla, are developing rival services and products that are beginning to catch on with merchants and consumers.

Nary a mention of Bitcoin in this article, but given time, future articles will contribute Bitcoin to PayPal's downfall.

~Bruno K~
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 02:34:37 AM

http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2012/10/29/paypal-cutting-jobs-as-part-major-reorganization/

PayPal needs such talent more than ever because a slew of payments start-ups, including Square, Stripe and Dwolla, are developing rival services and products that are beginning to catch on with merchants and consumers.

Nary a mention of Bitcoin in this article, but given time, future articles will contribute Bitcoin to PayPal's downfall.

~Bruno K~

+1
Liberty Payout

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 02:39:07 AM

~Bruno K~

They deserve to end. The company is a fraud.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 02:53:30 AM

~Bruno K~

They deserve to end. The company is a fraud.

I had a geat idea of somebody starting a PayPal user account here and then have theymos give him the scammer tag, but then I found this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62490
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 03:08:17 AM

eBay now supports PayPal as only payment method. I really miss the days back when PayPal was not even required for seller. The eBay/PayPal mob charges at least 2 times when selling items - first for listing and second for receiving payment with PayPal.

PayPal is so oldschool and greedy that it must go away. From usability standpoint there is nothing better than Bitcoin.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 04:29:54 AM

eBay now supports PayPal as only payment method. I really miss the days back when PayPal was not even required for seller. The eBay/PayPal mob charges at least 2 times when selling items - first for listing and second for receiving payment with PayPal.

PayPal is so oldschool and greedy that it must go away. From usability standpoint there is nothing better than Bitcoin.

Ebay will go down with the ship?

I can't believe they are this short-sighted.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:40:51 AM

Ebay will go down with the ship?

I can't believe they are this short-sighted.
Both eBay and PayPal will continue and profit. They actually are not short sighted, eBay slowly ridding all other payment methods ensures that they have complete control and monopoly over transactions and can force any fees and terms they wish. They are too big to fail.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:51:39 AM

Is this the beginning of the end for PayPal? No. Paypal has billions of dollars to higher the talent they need. Apple is going threw a restructuring of their executives, does this imply the beginning of the end for Apple. Not likely.

To suggest that Paypal's restructuring is going to lead to the demise of Paypal is a logical fallacy. Just because A causes B and B causes C doesn't mean that A causes C.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
Liberty Payout

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:02:03 AM

Is this the beginning of the end for PayPal? No. Paypal has billions of dollars to higher the talent they need. Apple is going threw a restructuring of their executives, does this imply the beginning of the end for Apple. Not likely.

To suggest that Paypal's restructuring is going to lead to the demise of Paypal is a logical fallacy. Just because A causes B and B causes C doesn't mean that A causes C.

Papypal will soon end because they don't know how to treat their customers. Better solutions like DWOLLA are arising. It's only a matter of us choosing to do what's right. To me, in a sense, it's like the civil rights movement. No longer will we sit in the back of Paypal's bus, a new day has come. Let us all rise up and boycott their asses until they dive into bankruptcy. Amen.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 08:10:19 AM

Papypal will soon end because they don't know how to treat their customers. Better solutions like DWOLLA are arising. It's only a matter of us choosing to do what's right. To me, in a sense, it's like the civil rights movement. No longer will we sit in the back of Paypal's bus, a new day has come. Let us all rise up and boycott their asses until they dive into bankruptcy. Amen.

Birmingham, here we come!
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:19:05 AM

I think (sorry bitmit) we should all start selling on eBay and in the title say "accept bitcoin payments"... 10% discount or something along those lines. Just to spread the word and give PayPal the finger. I'm actually getting a chargeback at the moment  Angry
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:41:33 AM

I think (sorry bitmit) we should all start selling on eBay and in the title say "accept bitcoin payments"... 10% discount or something along those lines. Just to spread the word and give PayPal the finger. I'm actually getting a chargeback at the moment  Angry
Good idea.
I found this: 3 BTC for 180$  Huh
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Bitcoins-3-0-BTC-Three-Electronic-Bit-Coins-Digital-Currency-Cryptocurrency-/200840490146?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2ec306aca2

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Liberty Payout

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:56:05 AM

Let it die, let it die. Let it shrivel up and die!

Good idea with the ebay thing if we stop accepting/using paypal. All companies will stop.
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:00:29 AM

Yeah they will get a chargeback. No amount of proof will prevent the chargeback either.
Liberty Payout

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:02:40 AM

Yeah they will get a chargeback. No amount of proof will prevent the chargeback either.

Paypal simply does not care. They punish the Seller for their inability to correctly process payments. Then when you complain they limit your account. I still remember speaking to the pompous paypal rep. Infuriating.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:03:42 AM

you guys do realise something though.. paypal doesn't make its money.. eBay does.

think about it. chargebacks from banks cost paypal money. verifying accounts by sending those 2 random amounts of pennys costs paypal money. sending cash to your bank costs paypal money.

its eBay that makes the money. so as long as eBay is used by the majority of online traders giving them all the listing fee's final value fee's etc. Then paypal wont disappear as it has and will continue to be funded by the profits of its eBay division. so if you want to kill paypal you have to kill eBay.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Liberty Payout

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:06:38 AM

you guys do realise something though.. paypal doesn't make its money.. eBay does.

think about it. chargebacks from banks cost paypal money. verifying accounts by sending those 2 random amounts of pennys costs paypal money. sending cash to your bank costs paypal money.

its eBay that makes the money. so as long as eBay is used by the majority of online traders giving them all the listing fee's final value fee's etc. Then paypal wont disappear as it has and will continue to be funded by the profits of its eBay division.

2 random cents that they take back. They more than make up for that crap by limiting thousands of accounts with money still inside it. I know my account had more than a small fortune in it. A fortune I had to wait 180 days to recover. I wonder how much they made while holding it?
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:11:37 AM

its eBay that makes the money. so as long as eBay is used by the majority of online traders giving them all the listing fee's final value fee's etc. Then paypal wont disappear as it has and will continue to be funded by the profits of its eBay division. so if you want to kill paypal you have to kill eBay.

Doesn't eBay owns PayPal though? So all the money goes to the same company anyway.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:19:46 AM

yep.. paypal is a division of eBay incorporated.

my point was that the paypal division (purely the payment gateway) wont get killed off. because of the profits of its Ebay division. you cant kill the kid because daddy is protecting it. basically.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Liberty Payout

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:23:05 AM

yep.. paypal is a division of eBay incorporated.

my point was that the paypal division (purely the payment gateway) wont get killed off. because of the profits of its Ebay division. you cant kill the kid because daddy is protecting it. basically.

We can weaken daddy by killing the kid.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: