Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:36:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There's gonna be a tidal wave/tsunami  (Read 5457 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:09:21 PM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.  We've been depleting earth of it's oil for quite some time, removing the lubricant from the earth's plates, it makes sense that a tsunami of some sort could spawn as a result of the damage to our home.

I think this is a wake up call.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:33:38 PM

The tsunami represent the flood of new users to the bitcoin economy from em two States with recreational pot use.

In Cryptography we trust.
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 12:14:21 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2012, 01:44:10 AM by yogi

Dank, I find this interesting because I had a similar dream not long ago.

I was up in the 20th story or so of a large apartment building. I couldn't tell what city it was, there were no landmarks that I could discern. Outside, it seemed to be rainy and a bit of fog was in the air. Blue-green pall over everything as buildings receded into the fog like lost soldiers.

Then, I think I see movement, but I can't make out what it is -- and this is what really threw me -- because at that point I'm somewhat lucid about the fact I'm dreaming, but even then I didn't know what it was. That isn't how it is supposed to work -- you become lucid in a dream, then you start to direct things, and you know in typical twisted-dream-logic what is happening.

That wasn't the case here. I was watching *something* move towards me, and being as high up as I was, I couldn't say what it was through how the fog kept obscuring details.

Then, as the distance closed between whatever it was and the twenty-story window I was looking through, it dawned on me. Some tiny hint of specular reflection, a facet of the wall that was going to become my certain death filled me with instant dread.

It was a 40-story high tidal wave.

What I had seen was the reflection of lights shining out the windows in the buildings on the face of the wave.

I had about a second to process this, then I started yelling "I knew it, I knew it --" and then the building is shuddering and the wave is breaking through the glass - and we're underwater in no time flat. I flail and try to move out into the hallway, but then there's a dream-jump, and I'm impossibly watching it from outside somewhere, like a closed-circuit tv camera, as it sweeps its way inland, smashing buildings in its path.

I haven't shared this with anyone until now, so I had to stop and pause when you mentioned what your dream was about.

I would prefer to be wrong, but honestly the only way a wave that high can form is either from a impact of an asteroid or some other disasterous natural event.

The key to understanding this dream is this bit;

"at that point I'm somewhat lucid about the fact I'm dreaming"

The realisation that you are dreaming is a result of the subconscious revealing the fact to your conscious mind. The reason for it doing so is because your conscious had become to overwhelmed by the content of the dream.

The first part of your dream was probably violent and/or sexual and sprang from repressed desires. It overwhelmed the concious mind to the point of nearly waking you. Your subconscious mind then decided to reveal it is only a dream to calm you down and protect your sleep.

The subconscious utilised the fact that you needed to urinate, or some other thing related to water, to change the content of the dream. It also screen the previous emotive content.

The result is an amalgamation of the symbolic elements of the explicit first parts of the dream with the material watery parts of the second.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 12:20:10 AM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.  We've been depleting earth of it's oil for quite some time, removing the lubricant from the earth's plates, it makes sense that a tsunami of some sort could spawn as a result of the damage to our home.

You don't know anything about oil.  The earth's rotation causes oil to move under the ground through the various types of crust until it hits rock that is not porous enough, and it pools.  That's why oil exists in certain spots even though organic matter decays all over the planet.  Oil doesn't lubricate anything.  I work in the oil fields - I know this for a fact.

I, too, have recurring dreams about tidal waves.  I'm sure everyone does.  In my dreams the waves keep getting higher and higher but I always (barely) manage to stay above them.  Since the future cannot be predicted, these dreams can't mean anything.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 12:26:55 AM

Oil doesn't keep your car cool and functional?  Don't you see, global warming is caused by the negativity abundance on earth, we've made an impact on earth and now nature is correcting itself.  That's what nature does.

Yogi, can't dreams simply be an alternate reality?  There are infinite realities, after all.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 12:32:50 AM

Oil doesn't keep your car cool and functional? 

Did you know cars and plate tectonics work differently?  There is not enough oil in the planet to lubricate plates like oil does in a car.   Roll Eyes

This is why mechanics don't double as seismologists.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 12:35:44 AM

I've always heard that water in dreams reflects things worth worrying about, so small amounts mean worry a little, a tidal wave could mean that you see things building up, The water is shallow now but soon you'll be in over your head

Of course, I don't think dreams mean anything much at all, Its just a movie that plays while the brain defrags

Edit RE:tectonic lubrication
The plates float on molten rock right?
Does oil even go that far down?
Would it even still be oil if it did get there?
Could oil lubricate anything in that heat/pressure?

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 12:40:06 AM

I think all dreams are signs, you choose how to interpret so.  They're an experience after all, a change of perception.  You always learn from experiencing an alteration of senses.  How much you learn is dependent on how aware you are.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 12:44:17 AM

I think all dreams are signs, you choose how to interpret so.  They're an experience after all, a change of perception.  You always learn from experiencing an alteration of senses.  How much you learn is dependent on how aware you are.

I agree with you.  However dreams cannot predict the future; nothing can.

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 12:48:09 AM

Yogi, can't dreams simply be an alternate reality?  There are infinite realities, after all.

There is only one reality, if something does not exist within reality then it does not exist.
Dreams take place in the mind.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 12:53:39 AM

I think all dreams are signs, you choose how to interpret so.  They're an experience after all, a change of perception.  You always learn from experiencing an alteration of senses.  How much you learn is dependent on how aware you are.

I agree with you.  However dreams cannot predict the future; nothing can.
This is simply false.  Evolution follows a logical process, just as history does.  You can learn from the past to understand the future.  You're asserting that you know for fact, when you really don't know.

There is only one reality, if something does not exist within reality then it does not exist.
Dreams take place in the mind.
There is only one universe.  There are infinite realities.  Life is one reality, our dreams are another.  Everything exists, otherwise you wouldn't experience it.

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:00:10 AM

Quote from: dank
There are infinite realities.

By definition, anything outside of reality is not real.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:08:25 AM

But it exists, does it not?  How can you declare one part of existence more real than another?

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:09:53 AM

But it exists, does it not?  How can you declare one part of existence more real than another?
You can't, if its real, its part of reality

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:12:43 AM

So everything is real, right?  Remember, we all create our own reality in our head.  Since we have different perspectives and beliefs, we often live in our own realities.  There is only one true reality, and it's not the one we're in.

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:22:22 AM

Things can only exist within reality.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:25:42 AM

Then how do we have dreams?

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:33:21 AM

When we are dreaming, it is our perception of reality that has changed, not reality itself.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:37:20 AM

When we are dreaming, it is our perception of reality that has changed, not reality itself.

Same when we're high, develop certain neurological conditions or experience certain mental illnesses.  There are plenty of ways to alter consciousness - they're not all benign.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:13:59 AM

Yeah, but nothing around you really exists, it's all created in your head.  From consciousness.  You perceive light waves, sound waves and different types of energy to produce an experience of life.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: