Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new highs possible only after memory fades  (Read 2518 times)
David Rabahy (OP)

Activity: 709
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:21:04 PM

Here's my thought; the next bubble won't really take off strong until after the history of the last bubble fades from memory enough.  Developing fundamentals have to accumulate enough to blur the previous bubble into obscurity.  We aren't there yet.  The current developing fundamentals have a ways to go yet to mask the memory of the last bubble.  New features and functions will attract new users only when they features and functions are "better" enough.  Even then that won't be enough.  The potential new users need to become aware.  New investors won't remember the past performance directly; instead they will look at the charts which remain clearly visible for many years.

If you want Bitcoin to succeed then;

1) don't just sit there and wait for someone else to do the work
2) actively promote Bitcoin
3) avoid losing heart

If you want Bitcoin to fail then please go find something else to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 10:31:14 PM

So you define the success bitcoin can have by it going through a speculative bubble. How sad.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:56:03 PM

I woulda thought the hope of a fresh bubble, or preferably a significant price rise that sustains, is the main factor in keeping interest alive and growing.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:10:08 PM

The bubble at the end of 2013 largely defines Bitcoin. That was when it went crazy in media and a lot of the world first heard about it. I don't necessarily believe that we can, or even should, forget this bubble, as it was an integral part of Bitcoin growth. Furthermore, I disagree that still remembering that bubble will prevent a further one.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:17:05 PM

bubble is just a difference between order and supply ... and, bitcoin supply is very little compared to QE  Roll Eyes

but bubble is more difficult to create (a real one with more than 500 USD from the botton to the top) in actual world because we have serious exchange to deal with supply ... very quickly.

but, again, it's a very good thing because people will want bitcoin ... fast.
bitcoin IS FAST.

more than KYC ... on others assets like gold with FAKE volume and FAKE price and ... FAKE FAKE FAKE supply.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:42:14 PM

I woulda thought the hope of a fresh bubble, or preferably a significant price rise that sustains, is the main factor in keeping interest alive and growing.

too much people are hoping for a fresh bubble to show up anytime soon or after the halving. bitcoin mostly goes in the opposite direction.
OSCA

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:57:45 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 12:08:04 AM by OSCA

3) avoid losing heart

Dear Mr. David,

I have been doing my part.  I have convinced my aging parents, my [so-called] friends, my [currently ex] employer, and my coworkers [who can really hurt a guy] to invest in Bit coin.
Right after learning about it myself, just shy of 2 years ago.

Since then, I have been disowned by my family; beaten on numerous occasions by [ex]friends and total strangers; fired from my job, and am constantly taunted and laughed at by neighborhood children. What's worse, Mr. David, those little statist piglets also make fun of my own Little Ones - for being dirt poor because their daddy dimed out all his credit cards to invest in digital tokens on the internet.

I try to explain to those brainwashed little goobermint stooges that they don't know nothing about F.I.A.T. toilet paper printed out of thin air by Jewish banksters, but that just makes them laugh even worse!
I'm at the end of my rope, Mr. David, all out of disruptive ideas, I'm at the tipping point. Tell me what I should do now?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:17:28 AM

I'm at the end of my rope, Mr. David, all out of disruptive ideas, I'm at the tipping point. Tell me what I should do now?

Kill all of us and then kill yourself. It's the only way.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:23:14 AM

I want in on this.

As a victim or perp?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:24:53 AM

One victim please.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
OSCA

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:26:38 AM

Kill all of us and then kill yourself. It's the only way.
Broke Sad
Plz lend Bit coins 42buy illegal assault weapon w/comically oversized magazine on DNM. Also stylish duster.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:28:49 AM

Broke Sad
Plz lend Bit coins 42buy illegal assault weapon w/comically oversized magazine on DNM. Also stylish duster.

You want free market libertarian nutters to donate you the money to kill them? Stand on your own two feet, boy.

One victim please.

Yeah. I'm just about done too. We can book a fun bus to the mass grave.
OSCA

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:30:36 AM

Broke Sad

You want free market libertarian nutters to donate you the money to kill them? Stand on your own two feet, boy.

Not charity - sound investment!
David Rabahy (OP)

Activity: 709
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:51:22 AM

Er, be reasonable, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.  Geesh.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:57:47 AM

Er, be reasonable, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.  Geesh.

Bitcoin doesn't need pimp-shilling. It's unsavory.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
RyanX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 09:48:54 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 04:55:29 PM by RyanX

People have short memory. They will forget about the recent 20 month bear market and chase bitcoin to very high level.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 12:55:30 PM

So you define the success bitcoin can have by it going through a speculative bubble. How sad.

Price of BTC is in direct relation to mass adoption, which we all want. So price-talk isn't that insensible.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

3) avoid losing heart

snip

for being dirt poor because their daddy dimed out all his credit cards to invest in digital tokens on the internet.

snip

don't know nothing about F.I.A.T. toilet paper printed out of thin air by Jewish banksters, but that just makes them laugh even worse

end snip

1 you're an idiot, you fell for the hype and invested money your clearly never had into a risky new technology at the peak of its hype

2 you're an idiot amongst other things.  you dont know nothing about nothing or nothing.  i dont feel bad for people like you and i am laughing at you now.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:58:42 PM

Price of BTC is in direct relation to mass adoption, which we all want. So price-talk isn't that insensible.

But we can achieve anything by talking to convince. When people simply ignore something, the best explanations with proper example will do magic. Marketing people will do that. So, spreading the word on bitcoin definitely will increase the user base of bitcoin.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 06:23:22 PM

But we can achieve anything by talking to convince. When people simply ignore something, the best explanations with proper example will do magic. Marketing people will do that. So, spreading the word on bitcoin definitely will increase the user base of bitcoin.

Have you tried it? Once you do please post results, I love these.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: