Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:29:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyber Attack?  (Read 662 times)
Trog (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:44:23 PM

All my miners suddenly stopped hashing at about the same time. There was no power failure, power surge, or Internet problem. After power down and power up again they cannot resume hashing. No amount of diagnosis or trial and error has succeeded in my being able to bring them back online or access their IP address. I have not yet re-initialized their SD cards.

I suspect this may have been a cyber attack. Has anyone had a similar experience, or able to share information about this phenomenon?

If this is a cyber attack does it mean my modem/router passwords have been compromised? As well as the passwords to access the miners?

Any input will be appreciated.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:50:58 AM

maybe your HDD is full?
we need more data, some miner logs would be best
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:10:53 AM

maybe one of them failed for a second and shutted down the rest? short circuit maybe?

i doubt it is a cyber attack, unless there is someone that can do it there in RL and know who you are
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 07:43:11 AM

This is pretty strange if you ask me, but does not necessarily imply a cyber attack of any sorts. First you have to ask yourself the question 'Why would someone target me?'. Without additional information there is little that we can tell you.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:24:35 AM

All my miners suddenly stopped hashing at about the same time. There was no power failure, power surge, or Internet problem. After power down and power up again they cannot resume hashing. No amount of diagnosis or trial and error has succeeded in my being able to bring them back online or access their IP address. I have not yet re-initialized their SD cards.

I suspect this may have been a cyber attack. Has anyone had a similar experience, or able to share information about this phenomenon?

If this is a cyber attack does it mean my modem/router passwords have been compromised? As well as the passwords to access the miners?

If someone was able to do an attack on a bitcoin machine I would suspect they would change mining settings, not hurt the rigs.

What miners are they I don't see that?   We really need to know more but I think if just miners are down, nothing else chances of attack slim.  But run anti-virus on PC and anti-malaware to see if they did get to computer. 
Trog (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:58:04 PM

Thank you for input. After two days of trying various things they are up and running again. Unfortunately i am unable to pinpoint which action brought them back online. But it was not a cyber attack as i had feared. My computers were fine but the ASICs were not working, and i'm guessing it was related to the network.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 05:53:26 PM

All my miners suddenly stopped hashing at about the same time. There was no power failure, power surge, or Internet problem.

sometimes there is microcuts on the internet connection that are hard to detect and can cause that software crash and/or stop.

dunno if this is your case, but is not the first time that i suffer something like that, thats why im saying it.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3020

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

Thank you for input. After two days of trying various things they are up and running again. Unfortunately i am unable to pinpoint which action brought them back online. But it was not a cyber attack as i had feared. My computers were fine but the ASICs were not working, and i'm guessing it was related to the network.
Dont you try use vpn if it works just reply here or pm me i will give you a link with cracked vpn.... I think your ip is wrong or it blocks from the server..
you may try also report it in the server....

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:53:24 AM

I have no idea what happened there, your PC could have gotten hacked. If you dont know how much has been compromized you should change all.

Especially all passwords that you used or logged in that day, the router password, PC password, delete all cookies, and install a good antivirus and clean your PC.

If it doesnt help, reinstall the OS.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: