Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:25:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining, can it still pay out?  (Read 3846 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:35:27 AM

I've never really thought of investing to them simply because I have no total control over how its done.  I would rather do solo mining to any altcoin than could mining. but why are could mining companies still existing?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:37:35 AM

It's getting a little away from cloud mining, but I guess some of these ideas do kinda crossover.

I have a set amount I want to be invested in.  I don't believe in going deeper and deeper in debt in chance of ROI.  I either make ROI or I don't.  And hopefully there is ROI/Profit on my investments.  If you wait on X price (which I admit I have done if price is horrible but as a general rule don't like).  If I did this I would have been KILLED from day's of when BTC was worth double or more then it is today.

Going through something like when btc went from thousand or so to a ton less luckily did not kill me as I had ROI'ed on my holdings.  If I held saying Ohhh if i get X more to pay the costs I do better, the drop like that would have crushed my investment.  I think you had to go through this to see how things can go wrong.

Its the same as cloud mining, if the cloud mining is legit, if its a ponzi then thats another story.

Because the cloud miner if he is really mining, he has to do the same calculations as you do by solo mining.

The only difference is that if he is selling a tradeable instrument, then its additional risk of price movement of that instrument.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:02:25 AM

It's getting a little away from cloud mining, but I guess some of these ideas do kinda crossover.

I have a set amount I want to be invested in.  I don't believe in going deeper and deeper in debt in chance of ROI.  I either make ROI or I don't.  And hopefully there is ROI/Profit on my investments.  If you wait on X price (which I admit I have done if price is horrible but as a general rule don't like).  If I did this I would have been KILLED from day's of when BTC was worth double or more then it is today.

Going through something like when btc went from thousand or so to a ton less luckily did not kill me as I had ROI'ed on my holdings.  If I held saying Ohhh if i get X more to pay the costs I do better, the drop like that would have crushed my investment.  I think you had to go through this to see how things can go wrong.

Its the same as cloud mining, if the cloud mining is legit, if its a ponzi then thats another story.

Because the cloud miner if he is really mining, he has to do the same calculations as you do by solo mining.

The only difference is that if he is selling a tradeable instrument, then its additional risk of price movement of that instrument.

Not really there are a few different cloud mining way's to do it.  Do you do much cloud mining?

Big thing is some you can buy the equipment and it runs in cloud.  You own the equipment, at end you can sell it.  Other you own hashing speed so you don't own a machine.   You can sell hashing speed, but you will not be able to sell a machine.

I see those as 2 massively different types of cloud mining.  Each has different strategy.  And home/hobby mining is a different topic completely.  You directly are responsible for electricity you can pay it with cash, cash out btc to pay, not cash out, etc.  Cloud mining it's going to take those fee's out of it no matter what in BTC. 

Also dealing with a lot of miners... it becomes something much different then looking at a screen and no gear.  They both have their own pros/cons.  But they are not the same in many ways.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:12:39 AM

I've never really thought of investing to them simply because I have no total control over how its done.  I would rather do solo mining to any altcoin than could mining. but why are could mining companies still existing?

because there are poeple that like to mine with whatever is available, so they use cloud if they cannot at home, i would do the same if the roi wasn't so high
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 08:22:18 AM

because there are poeple that like to mine with whatever is available, so they use cloud if they cannot at home, i would do the same if the roi wasn't so high

I will not talk about all the ponzi shemes and scammers because it is not easy to rate the scam level.

So let suppose the cloudmining systems are honnest.
(so far I was ever scammed...but i want believe that honnest ones do exist)

With cloudmining it is the same story than with every thing you can invest.
The owners propose  and you analyse if it is interesting to invest.
Some investors prefer warranty about the principal back after x days.
other ones prefer dividends for ever
other ones prefer fix profit even it they are low
other ones prefer variable profit with possibilities high dividends.

After all my scams stories i have prefered to lose my cash by buying a miner.
It's not the best solution but it is funny to see day after day the few "sure" satoshi...(I will not scam myself)(lol)

For the fun i propose for free to invest cash or time in my cloudmining site.

Profit comes from mining and from site incomes.
So I believe that it will be worth to invest (time or cash) in my cloudmining.
I just believe...I can be wrong.
Now to answer at the question:

Cloud mining, can it still pay out?

it depends ont what you mean about "pay out"
if it is about dividends,then no problem.if incomes then dividends.
if it is about the "principal" it depends on one thing:
if your shares (bough or earned for free) are sold...then you get your principal back.

if you buy a miner you as well do not get back you principal if you do not resell it...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:44:05 AM

snip

This is the key here after all the stories you have heard.  It sounds like you have not cloud mined.... yet giving long winded advice?

Some are legit there are many scams though.  I have earned money an I have lost money in cloud mining.  Mine if first hand no "story" that it's based on.  The ROI is fun... it gets addictive when you think you are doing good.  I got burned on GAW miner was so my only mistake... and  i knew going in it was riskier but I invested... i lost some.

Now i have my own things I research before I ever invest in cloud.  First I start off with is solid proof of having mining hardware that get's of most of the scams. (there is a list in thread already but that is first one)

And again before any one invests in anything research it.  Don't go in blind.  Also don't let me push you into investing or not investing.  As I have said many times I make 0 if you choose bit-x or do not invest.  So I'm not trying to stir up sales.

But back to my snip you really need to do it before you give good advice.  Basing off stories you have read.... you just are missing so much first hand knowledge.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:14:51 AM

As you can see in the subject, can you still make some money using cloud mining services? I remember I was using cex.io a while ago and actually made something but I've been out of the bitcoin story for about a year now, so can it still be profitable and what websites do you recommend?

hmmm... yeah trusted cloud mining sites payout ...but there maybe new sites which will provide a high rates or may say themself as hyip investment program....Dont try them ,they may try to get away with your bitcoins....and you will be left crying Cry
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 10:07:44 AM

snip

This is the key here after all the stories you have heard.  It sounds like you have not cloud mined.... yet giving long winded advice?

Some are legit there are many scams though.  I have earned money an I have lost money in cloud mining.  Mine if first hand no "story" that it's based on.  The ROI is fun... it gets addictive when you think you are doing good.  I got burned on GAW miner was so my only mistake... and  i knew going in it was riskier but I invested... i lost some.

Now i have my own things I research before I ever invest in cloud.  First I start off with is solid proof of having mining hardware that get's of most of the scams. (there is a list in thread already but that is first one)

And again before any one invests in anything research it.  Don't go in blind.  Also don't let me push you into investing or not investing.  As I have said many times I make 0 if you choose bit-x or do not invest.  So I'm not trying to stir up sales.

But back to my snip you really need to do it before you give good advice.  Basing off stories you have read.... you just are missing so much first hand knowledge.

It's not about stories I have heard...it's about MY stories about cloudmining...so far i have only lost...
yes only lost or not yet earned.

It is why i have decided to run my own cloudmining site and future will tell us.
Ok you will all say it is impossible...with an U2
I belive it is possible (lol)

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:15:18 AM

snip

It's not about stories I have heard...it's about MY stories about cloudmining...so far i have only lost...

It is why i have decided to run my own cloudmining site and future will tell us.

You said stories.  What cloud site did you us? As I will be honest I'm not sure I believe you.

You kinda make yourself sound bigger in posts taking your investment into hardware, then you say U2.  I don't think you have the background to be honest to throw out some blanket advice earlier in thread.  Sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you really need to have a lot of experience with something to give good advice.
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 10:31:48 AM

snip

You said stories.  What cloud site did you us? As I will be honest I'm not sure I believe you.

You kinda make yourself sound bigger in posts taking your investment into hardware, then you say U2.  I don't think you have the background to be honest to throw out some blanket advice earlier in thread.  Sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you really need to have a lot of experience with something to give good advice.

To be honest too...
people never believe me...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:42:02 AM

To be honest too...

It's not meant to be personal I just saw go from stories to you lost... does not fit right unless a typo.  You could prove me wrong and tell what cloud mining sites your using, a screenshot with it showing how much you have.  But I don't see that coming.

Just like you you made it sound big moving to hardware... and it's a U2.  Which nothing is wrong with mining with a U2, just seemed when you talked about losing money so want hardware... sounded like bigger operation.

And I could be reading it wrong, and others see it different.  Either way best of luck.
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 10:59:49 AM

i have forgotten the cloud mining i took part...I had only invest the minimum possible or perhaps twice the minimum possible
Here i will lose
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444495.0
And an other one where I cannot speak about because so far it is running and so far I have not reach the minimum payout i cannot know.

About my sites...investment sites or not...
I programme them for the fun...
after if the people use or do not use it does not matter.
I do not need luck...but my system users need luck (lol)

Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:15:00 PM

As you can see in the subject, can you still make some money using cloud mining services? I remember I was using cex.io a while ago and actually made something but I've been out of the bitcoin story for about a year now, so can it still be profitable and what websites do you recommend?
NO, getting the roi from these clouds is not going to work.
still instead of just losing money over a ponzi better try hashnest.
sportfan

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:02:44 PM

if you are trying to invest in cloud mining then you want to lose money rather go and gamble it
honeyhtet

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:12:16 PM

if you are trying to invest in cloud mining then you want to lose money rather go and gamble it

With the present situations both gambling and cloud mining may pay you or may not....
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

NO, getting the roi from these clouds is not going to work.
still instead of just losing money over a ponzi better try hashnest.

Cex.io still is profitable in terms of trading your ghs. I've made quite a profit from it when I was just starting my trading experience. It is a nice thing to do instead  of investing in ponzi schemes. The cloud mining pays good, but the trading of ghs pays better.
sportfan

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:44:32 PM

With the present situations both gambling and cloud mining may pay you or may not....
actually if you gamble at trusted sites they will pay you you dont have to worry about it Smiley (if you win)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:24:31 PM

actually if you gamble at trusted sites they will pay you you dont have to worry about it Smiley (if you win)

is the same for cloud, but with cloud you can actually hope to reach roi, with gamble one bad move and you're done you lose everything
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:05:39 PM

is the same for cloud, but with cloud you can actually hope to reach roi, with gamble one bad move and you're done you lose everything

The same could be said with any sort of mining really.  There is no guaranteed ROI.  With a true cloud mining ... you do some ROI math. 

If someone guarantees you ROI most likely it is a scam.  It is based on good ROI math, and possibly luck depending on who you talk to.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:24:40 AM

To be honest too...

You shouldn't be surprised Cheesy I mean, who will believe on a potential scammer Roll Eyes

You got a point man, rather gamble it on a reputable casino site than investing it on an obvious cloud mining ponzi Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: