Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] BitGog might be trying to SCAM!  (Read 892 times)
bitbaby (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 04:42:03 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 04:52:34 AM by bitbaby

User BitGog: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=509294

Created an introductory posts about his new game site in Gambling section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1213611.0 (This was moved to Archival and is pending deletion)

This is the archive.is page of the original thread, where it was listed that there is no limit to Max bet, but he deleted it, but you can see other users asking for it. https://archive.is/W1SKr

When he was asked about how the site is going to handle Max Bet, which is unlimited and how the site will be generating the winning numbers and how the users will be able to verify that, he had no answers but that the management team does not wishes to share the code.

After that he chose to delete the thread and made another self moderated one in Gambling section, so he can remove any such replies which asks for provable fairness of the game or to provide a signed cold storage address containing the funds: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1214682.0 , this to me seems really shady and I ask the modes to restore the same thread so users of the forum can know that there is no provable fairness in that game and can make their decision whether to play there or not knowing that.

This is the Archive.is page of the same before he edits that: https://archive.is/Ddjxg
He has already deleted the top posts in the original thread which said there is no limit to Max bet. Moderators kindly restore the same if possible.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shield

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:50:00 AM

I see he changed minimum and maximum bet amount so it may be an update?
why it is scam? everyone do updates for their services based on user requirements
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 02:44:49 AM

I see he changed minimum and maximum bet amount so it may be an update?

Max bet was unlimited earlier, when he was asked to provide cold storage address, showing that he has the funds, it's when he decided to change that and he didn't change it in the previous thread, he deleted it and then created another, so that the questions involving that gets buried with that thread.

why it is scam?

The OP explains all that but I'll give you an example how the missing provable fairness system can be used by the owners to manipulate the results and scam the users.

There are 10 numbers you can bet on, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and one is declared winner by the site and that people who have chosen that number get 10x their bet but there is no way shown how the number is picked and this is where site can manipulate it. For ex.

Let's say numbers:

1  has 1 BTC bet
2  has 1.5 BTC bet
3  has 1 BTC bet
4  has 2 BTC bet
5  has 0.2 BTC bet
6  has 0.5 BTC bet
7  has 4 BTC bet
8  has 2 BTC bet
9  has 0.8 BTC bet
10 has 1.2 BTC bet

In a round, the total bets received by the site is 14.2 BTC, now the round ends and the site has to declare a winning number, they know which number has received how many bets, so they declare the winning number '5' which has 0.2 BTC bet, the bets get multiplied by 10 which is 2 BTC and it gets distributed to the betters in proportion of their bets.

14.2 - 2 = 12.2 BTC profit to the site, this is why they're not taking any percentage, because they know they'll always declare the winning number with the lowest number of bets.

This is why it's a scam, and this is what it was asked in their previous thread that how will they choose the winning number, they didn't had any answer and then they buried the thread.

Hope you understand it now.

bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 03:06:24 AM

Here's another user going on same agenda https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216522.0 , this one is without a website, but same game, choose number from 1-10 and he will then pick one from RNG and post it's screenshot, like that can't be cheated at all, if you keep clicking RNG it will ultimately show the number you want it to show and I think this is the whole idea behind this. Enter the lottery yourself and pick the number and take the Pot.

stingleword
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Out of crypto entirely and don't miss it

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:19:36 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I don't see an answer on the site or in this thread, so I'll ask here.

How is the winning number chosen? Are players able to verify the results of each round?

edit The 'signature spam' argument holds no water here; my signature has a report link that went unused, and I have not accepted payment for running it in many months.

Crypto is dead, its community is a series of bad jokes.
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 02:13:36 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I don't see an answer on the site or in this thread, so I'll ask here.

How is the winning number chosen? Are players able to verify the results of each round?

edit The 'signature spam' argument holds no water here; my signature has a report link that went unused, and I have not accepted payment for running it in many months.

This is why I didn't post anything in his second thread, which he made self moderated because I knew that he's going to delete any posts that get in way of his chance to scam the users and I made this topic instead so users can be warned and can make their decision whether to play there or not accordingly. I'll close this thread when they make the number picking process transparent.

Gmaster1

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:30:36 PM

Well, he's ignoring me. I'm not spamming, I'm not being irrational, I'm just getting ignored...but then again my posts haven't been deleted...yet
Archive.org ill leave this here just in case my posts also get deleted.

Others have also bought my question into the interest of others. But that's not even enough to get an answer.
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 01:49:30 AM

Well, he's ignoring me. I'm not spamming, I'm not being irrational, I'm just getting ignored...but then again my posts haven't been deleted...yet
Archive.org ill leave this here just in case my posts also get deleted.

Others have also bought my question into the interest of others. But that's not even enough to get an answer.

That's because he pretended to delete the previous thread with the reasoning that it contained sig spam and because you're not wearing one, he can't delete yours as that might raise more questions but he knows that he's free to not answer anything.

But I suppose if your reply stays there, that's enough to let others know that there is no way to verify the picks and that might prevent some of the sane users from getting scammed, other users don't care and will play anywhere, the Investor-based section is filled with such users who continue to invest in ponzi schemes, knowing that they will lose their money sooner or later.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: