0 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Boar - Small Status Update - 27th September 2016  (Read 67886 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 01:18:35 PM

Okay guys I've been learning how how to properly take photographs and edit them, I think I've got the editing correct but I'm going to do what I can next to reduce blurriness and get some better lighting because I think the rest of the problems in my photographs are down to the way I take my photos, let me know what you think of the newer stuff I'm posting up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:48:37 AM

I'm signing up to reddit! I've grabbed the subreddit "silverboarjewellery" and I will be posting updates and Jewellery photographs on there so I can spread the word I'm selling stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/silverboarjewellery/
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:24:39 PM

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 06:35:26 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 09:33:18 AM by Lethn

I thought I'd let you know guys, I actually found a Bitcoin group that was already set up on Etsy, it's got over 500 members, I've of course joined it to say hello, apparently they didn't know about Bitcointalk!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/teams/10366/bitcoin?ref=pr_teams
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 12:09:07 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 10:03:58 AM by Lethn

Small update! I'm still working on stuff and getting projects finished, I done those Teardrop amethysts finally and now I've got a reasonably working computer and the clusterfuck is over with for the most part so I can use it properly for my work, remember guys! Having a spare graphics card even if it's dirt cheap will save you a lot of stress and agony in the long run. I have mainly been working on my income situation now so I can buy more materials and be a bit more independent with my spending, you can expect this year to be pretty interesting in terms of the variety of stuff I'll be bringing a long because right now I've been fairly limited in what I can get my hands on.

I'm actually having a look at how to do a clip necklace/bracelet, even the simple ones are fairly complicated but I thought it would be nice to make something like that regardless where it all clips together rather than relies on jump rings and soldering to stay together, I've also been refusing to post up my artwork because the flatness in my charactes was just so fucking irritating but I've been working through that and will be posting up fresh images which will probably look completely different to the crap I posted awhile ago.

Definitely expect a lot more this year! Especially if I start getting money entirely on my own!  Grin price dumps ftw!

For the record the hooks themselves are pre-made, I took too damn long making these so I just didn't want to spend anymore time working on the hooks after all the work I put into the setting itself which is really the main part of the earrings any other teardrop earrings will have handmade hooks.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 05:42:22 PM

New Update:

Expect to see new updates more frequently soon, I have been working on a game in Unity recently which is why I've been so quiet lately in this thread because I've been figuring out the interface and how everything works. I almost have the mechanics completely figured out so it will be just a matter after that of simply adding in some nice artwork, sound etc.

I wanted to ask though whether or not you guys would be alright with me posting the game up as Early Access? I of course would make sure it's functional first and all content updates would be free, so that means no paid DLCs and of course there would be no DRM either.

The title of the game will be The Rabbit And The Moon, I thought that for the sake of making sure people aren't disappointed I'd hold a vote would you guys be comfortable with buying an Early Access game from me with free content updates? Purchasing would mean you of course own it for life, or would you prefer that I wait longer and make sure I get more content in first?

vote here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064794.0

sorry, my poll is buggered in the OP.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:14:25 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 01:30:15 PM by Lethn

Okay, so what I've decided to do since this is just a very basic platformer I'm building in Unity I will provide WIP screenshots and game footage for you guys to take a look at. While I'm happy with the way things are going I want to see if theres any direction I can take this in to increase the likelihood of sales and so on and I'm always happy to receive good critique from people who know what they're talking about. I think it's about time now that I'm moving onto animation and polishing the game I get some screenshots up and let people look the basic mechanics working

I want to stress, right now, I basically have a nearly working alpha of this game, the artwork isn't done, the green square you see is just a placeholder for the main character who will be a rabbit. The animations you might see a little bit of are just crappy placeholders to help me decide how I'm going to do everything.

Starting level

As you can see I have a very basic score system up which needs to be worked on, the score doesn't transition between levels and I don't have a score screen up yet which I will be putting in. Right now I just have carrots as placeholder art, but you'll be collecting all sorts of vegetables to increase your score as you progress.

Player death is in, you'll be having to dodge enemy stars, things will get a lot more difficult as you get through the levels

No falling endlessly of the screen, I have a basic box collider set up so if you try jumping off the world you'll die and if you jump off the platforms same thing

I have multiple checkpoints in which are all working fine, you just need to go through them and then it saves the player's location, be warned, going to previous checkpoints and going through them will set it to that location instead

Level loading is in and actually pretty damn easy to implement thanks to Unity, so now I will be able to give you guys lots and lots of levels easily, in this game you have to reach the moon and press "E" to get to the next level or finish.

Physics based traps! Again, another placeholder that I need to do the artwork for, this will probably be a little iceball or something so you'd better watch out for it.

Moving platforms are in, a little annoying to animate, but thanks to Unity it's a breeze to put them in once you do all the work, this game engine has really won me over.

Also note the snow particles in the background, will be seeing what I can do art wise to make things interesting for you all, maybe some animated backgrounds would be a good idea? This is why I'm looking for input.

Hope you enjoyed this selection of screenshots, when I get animation in and some basic sounds I'll be posting up a video of the gameplay and adding in way more levels. I also need to clean up some of the code and make movement smoother etc. once I do all that then I'll be posting another update, with some proper gameplay footage of course.

For people who may want to pay in Pounds, Dollars or Euros or use steam, I have bought steam greenlight, so I will be submitting the game to there if I get enough support. There will be no extra charge for new game content or updates and the game will be DRM free. So you'll be able to play entirely offline, once you buy the game you will own it, so long as you don't do it for profit, you can share it amongst friends or put it on a filesharing website, whatever, it's your copy.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 06:01:57 PM

Been experimenting with photography again! Please let me know what you think are they better than the older ones? Might need to tweak the brightness a bit.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 10:52:25 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 08:03:06 AM by Lethn

Now that the horrible heatwave has nearly ended I am making good progress on my game again, however, what I really need right now is to put in some good sound effects and a nice soundtrack for my game. If anybody happens to know anyone that could do that for me for this type of game I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Good news! Thanks to me being linked a website I found somebody to do some music and sound for me, it's only fairly short though, because I'm on a budget I will likely need to update the game with a full soundtrack if I can get some sales.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 10:19:32 AM

Small Update: I'm getting various sounds put in now, it's down to me though to get the coding sorted and do some proper animations, I also have to learn how to synchronise my sounds and have them work when interacting with stuff, then I'll be releasing an alpha gameplay trailer for everybody to look at.

On a side note, I recently just tried out a building simulator tutorial, It's amazing what you can do with Unity when you put your mind to it, mustn't get too distracted though, gotta keep going with tha platformer and make sure it's all finished.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 02:43:52 PM

Fantastic news! My music arrived ( as it turns out last week Sad My own fault for not properly checking ) now it's all down to me to get everything finished, I will also be looking into getting more tracks as both people for music and sound have proven to be reliable.

The project is well underway!
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 04:25:40 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 08:37:56 PM by Lethn

( defunct video, use the other one, decided not to waste people's time with a bad quality video )

Good news guys! I have some beta footage to show you, things are coming along well, there's still chunks of animation work to do and I need to put more art into the game but overall it's starting to look reasonably finished, the game mechanics are just about done on the programming side so the rest is all just artwork. I have also grabbed the domain www.silverboargaming.com because frontierspace.net did not make any sense at all with what I was doing, I am also using wordpress so everything on that site looks a hell of a lot cleaner, don't bother visiting that old domain if you have been at all, it won't be updated anymore.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:07:34 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 08:38:11 PM by Lethn

Just uploaded a much better quality video, you can see the score in the top left as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuMpVDUx3I8
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:31:33 PM

Now that I know things are mostly working with my videos, here's some of the city builder stuff that I've been looking at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zLS-9Y7vE
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 08:42:14 AM

Just a heads up guys, if you ever want to have a place to chat or just hang around my website I have set up a simple web chat again.

So long as you don't post up any viruses or do any major spamming to clog up the chat you can post pretty much whatever you want.

http://www.silverboargaming.com/silver-boar-gaming-chat/
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 10:43:23 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 12:27:05 AM by Lethn

I'm still working away on the game guys, I know I haven't updated in awhile but that's because there really isn't that much to show yet, I'm adding in collectibles and doing level design and will be fixing up the animations to make everything look a lot more polished before I show anymore gameplay footage, here are some screenshots though to show where I'm at, this is a space level that I'm working on as you progress towards the moon the scenery will change, as well as gravity!

The brown drawings are asteroids I haven't detailed yet.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 01:30:26 PM

Hey guys, small update, I'd like to get feedback on drawings I'm doing on the asteroids, I'm trying to get absolutely everything done now.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 05:05:50 PM

Very, very close to finishing now guys! I'm looking at maybe adding in some physics traps and such to make the game more challenging and of course I need to put my new animations in, then there's a bit of coding to fix but it's so almost there now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__TfK13ZYe8
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 03:34:37 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 03:54:31 PM by Lethn

Small update.

So you may have noticed I've been extremely quiet lately, I've been working my arse off on some very specific tasks, number one, which is the big one, is I've been studying how to do saving and loading code within my games which has been taking a lot longer than I thought it would as ever is the case with games development, however I'm very close to finishing all of this now and once It's done it will mean I'll be able to get content done a lot faster as I'll have all my code on hand ready to be used in any new games.

I have also hardly ever posted anything on the Jewellery side of things, that's not because I've abandoned it! There was another project I was doing which is a box clasp bracelet, I decided to do this as a showcase piece and that took a hell of a long time as well but the finished product I think is worth it, now these are just crappy photos from my phone and I'll deliver higher resolution ones later but this should give you an idea of what I've been working on with the Jewellery side of things.

I'll be sure to post an update to let you know once my game finally releases but I'm making a lot of progress now and after this the time between release dates for games in general should be a lot shorter now that I've just about gotten the insides of Unity figured out, that damn saving and loading code has been a nightmare to figure out which is why everything was taking longer than I thought it would.

For those who don't know, a box clasp is a type of clasp that clicks together when you push in the tongue and connects together various Jewellery so it can also be done for necklaces and so on, it's very precise and technical to do but I'm pretty happy with the result, I'll be sure to post more gameplay footage of The Rabbit and the moon as well which will show the saving and loading in action and I also have another game that I want to announce at some point but I think I want to make some progress with it before I really go into detail on it. I don't want to leave such large gaps between updates like I've been doing so far because of how long I've been having to learn everything.

You may also notice even in these photos that I have also been learning to use an engraving tool and I engraved some leaves onto the blanks of the bracelet and the clasp itself, I have also been learning how to melt down silver bars from scrap metal but that's something else I'll show later. I'm not sure whether I can sell these tiny ones that I made because they're only .925 bars and very small however it may be something I'll look into in the future and maybe I'll even engrave my own boar symbol into them once I can start casting my own fine silver bars professionally.
1Lethn1

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:42:21 PM

Hi all, okay, major update, I had no idea what was going on with my account as I had pretty much not bothered with Bitcointalk because of all the technical problems that were going on and I had my Rabbit and the moon project to be getting on with. I've got exciting news though, the game is very nearly finished now, I just have playtesting to do and I'll be uploading it to my website and there will be more to come. If you want to see more detailed posts about the making of my games and what I'm doing generally visit my steemit blog.

I'll post here every now and then to give updates but I'm not as active on Bitcointalk anymore, my main hangouts are on Reddit and Steemit, please ignore any posts by my original account as it likely means it has been compromised unless I manage to magically remember my information, consider 1Lethn1 to be my main account.

https://steemit.com/@lethn1

http://www.silverboargaming.com/

Silver boar gaming is also still up and where I will be uploading my game, so if anyone is interested feel free to check it all out, it will be on sale there the moment it uploads for $3.99, I will also be submitting to steam and we'll see whether it gets accepted there and I'm thinking about possibly submitting the game to GOG.com as well. Just realised for the sake of people out of the loop with all my games development I should probably get a release trailer done up lol, will post it in a bit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: