Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Responding to Shield's trust farming accusations  (Read 901 times)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 11:10:56 PM

See this threadhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249594.0 for details.

Response :
Thanks for unlocking the thread.

First off, it makes me kind of disappointed that people would abuse my ebook for trust- if that is the case. I put a lot of work into it and I think the price is very fair.

Second, the OP is probably right. The neutral feedback button would be more appropriate for newer users. I had not noticed the button until recently, so didn't really think where it's use would be appropriate.

As a result I will no longer be giving positive trust for purchases of my ebook. Any physical copies and coins that I sell will still rate positive.  I will have to think about altering some of the previous feedback (see more on this below) , I think it may be appropriate for the newer accounts, I will be messaging them regarding this thread. But I think it is enough for now to publicly state my operating guidelines going forward.

I will be honest and state that until now I did not know that I was on the DT list nor was I fully aware of how my trust rating carried so much weight. This will mean that I will almost certainly have to alter the ratings I have given in the past month for my ebook.

Lastly I don't think it's constructive to make threads on trusted users without at least letting them know. I was made aware by another member.

The thread has inadvertently promoted my ebook which is fine by me so thanks for the chance to write about it Smiley anyone who posted on the thread about it can get a 10% discount, but only neutral trust  now Wink

Seems I have been removed from the DT. Which sucks as I was given no chance to rectify my mistakes. But these things happen when are unaware or unable to respond to accusations.

Cheers.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shield

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:54:29 PM

its good that you are responding to issue but before writing any comment about me you should write that I was not online when you sent me message to unlock thread.today when I logged in, found messages from you & SubSarata.I have unlocked the thread because you have rights to respond to this issue and give clarification

btw I don't care about ratings left to my trust page so next time don't waste your time for writing on my trust page  Wink

see my trust page is full of red but still I am happy,I will keep monitoring the forum and report/mark everything that looks risky for normal users.
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:52:40 PM

its good that you are responding to issue but before writing any comment about me you should write that I was not online when you sent me message to unlock thread.today when I logged in, found messages from you & SubSarata.I have unlocked the thread because you have rights to respond to this issue and give clarification

btw I don't care about ratings left to my trust page so next time don't waste your time for writing on my trust page  Wink

see my trust page is full of red but still I am happy,I will keep monitoring the forum and report/mark everything that looks risky for normal users.

I assumed you were ignoring me, I'll respond on your thread.

Edit: I consider this resolved, I will be re-evaluating all trust given recently for the ebook and removing/neutralising the rating. I urge anyone to read the thread for clarifying the trust system and elements of it's functionality.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:44:24 AM

Imho ,It is a trade if you have had an exchange of goods regardless of it being physical/digital .You are allowed to leave a feedback for the trade.

case 1.  what if you sent the pdf copy to a user and he scams you ? you are not allowed to leave a negative trust then ? loll..how is it resolved then ?

case 2. This is the case in question ,Now if a user sent you first and was very flexible,communicative ..etc etc. and purchased your goods without any hick-up's and gave a review for it (which you/seller certainly appreciate a lot) . But still you are not allowed to give + .. ?

It just seems an abuse of the trust system to give positive feedback for a trade of BTC0.0301.

If you are not allowed to put a + feedback (even if you think the user deserves it) for a trade of 0.03 then how are you allowed to put a negative for the same opposite situation? it's just two opposite ends.

THE TRUST is nothing more than a feedback on your profile (but is more than a religion/God for forum freaks)...probably which shows that you have done deals of this amount and nothing shady happened.
This has just become a drama and the pawns never get it .

however , Thanks for trusting me (regardless of DT). Smiley

bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 11:48:25 AM

I agree steveds, I have very mixed feelings over it. But I think with trades going forward I will have to take into account the interaction I've had.

Isn't the 'neutral' button a recent addition? Either that or I've been missing it completely.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:54:33 AM

I agree steveds, I have very mixed feelings over it. But I think with trades going forward I will have to take into account the interaction I've had.

Isn't the 'neutral' button a recent addition? Either that or I've been missing it completely.

I am not against giving neutral feedback's but the point is why do we have + and - ? why the score ?  why not just give everyone a neutral feedback  as we have seen legendaries with hundred's of score scamming ..

You are allowed to give trust if you feel the user is honest and trust worthy ...many DT trust's are just because of memories and bullshit ...
and seriously not because of $$$$.

however i feel sorry for your DT removal , i hope it get's settled soon. Wink
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:56:05 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 12:24:02 PM by mexxer-2

-snip-
DT members are supposed to be more careful. At any rate bittimespaghetti(will be calling him BTS) has no problem from his removal from DT, so there is no need to make it a big deal out of it now.  Reference(PM):
Yeah, I was more bothered about it as I thought it was something set by the forum, but anyone looking at my trust will see my track record so I'm not that concerned Smiley

If you are not allowed to put a + feedback (even if you think the user deserves it) for a trade of 0.03 then how are you allowed to put a negative for the same opposite situation? it's just two opposite ends.

Positive trust increases over time while negative doesn't. At any rate, the negative is there as a warning for future trades, not preventing(promoting in case of positive trust) any future trade if there is escrow and all necessary precaution for a trade.
Although anyone having a look at the trust feedback can see that the amount traded was very low, many users are ignorant of this fact or haven't got to know about it yet, which is the concern here.
-snip-
It was there first time I gave a feedback/checked someone's trust page.

however i feel sorry for your DT removal , i hope it get's settled soon. Wink
As for the DefaultTrust, I don't think escrow.ms will be re-adding you in his trust list. He might have added you in his earlier days and forgot about(which he often seems to do).

For what its worth I added you to my personal list.
And, you are in DT once again(well technically)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:01:36 PM

-snip-
It was there first time I gave a feedback.

Wow, I'm surprised I missed it. Guess I never saw a reason to until now!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:22:17 PM

-snip-

It is a "recent" addition though. At least for the ancient ones such as you Wink

On a more serious note, I think the removal from DT was uncalled for, esp. considering the reaction once you knew about this. I had to revisit my ratings as well, some have been removed, some combined, some stayed even though the amount is very small. All in all I think it takes some time to get used to the responsibility. For what its worth I added you to my personal list.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:24:41 PM

-snip-

It is a "recent" addition though. At least for the ancient ones such as you Wink

On a more serious note, I think the removal from DT was uncalled for, esp. considering the reaction once you knew about this. I had to revisit my ratings as well, some have been removed, some combined, some stayed even though the amount is very small. All in all I think it takes some time to get used to the responsibility. For what its worth I added you to my personal list.

Thanks shorena! I don't really think of myself as ancient. If I had bought when I first joined I think my bitcoin holdings would be quite different. Shoot- if I'd just hodled my first purchases I think I'd be better off as well Smiley

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█