Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2024, 11:22:31 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dust threshold changed without any mention in 0.11.1  (Read 5931 times)
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 662

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:41:30 AM

It's not forbidden but if a lot of people were doing it, the other users would be unhappy.

And how do you decide which kind of users should go ?
Take your choice :

* The dictator way (one or several oligarch decides)
* The constitutional way (what you call "original intent of bitcoin")
* The market way (those having the less valuable usage of bitcoin driven to alternative -calculated by paid fee-)

I am just saying it should be the market way.

Frankly, it is clear when bitcoin is not the right tool. But sometimes it is a tool that is good enough (better than legacy system) until we have better alternatives.

Take only the colored coin example, the fact that we can't have a SPV client for tracking his colored coin is a big problem. Even the fact that fees are paid in bitcoin is a bit of a problem for CC application.
Yes, there might be other solutions on other chain, but then you loose the ecosystem and the assurance of self-enforcing contracts that bitcoin provide out of the box.

Those usage to which bitcoin does not fit perfectly will surely migrate to other platform once the downside of going away are fixed (Element?). A bit like internet moved away from the phone to ADSL.
But we are just still not here. Right now, you are like asking to stop using internet because if the line is used by internet, then it can't be used for receiving the call.(which was its original purpose)

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
hhanh00

Activity: 467
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:09:56 AM

As long as the overhead isn't too big, I personally don't mind. But I don't agree that if one pays the transaction fees, he can put whatever he wants in the blockchain. Surely I understand that some people have their reasons to do so - it doesn't make it "right". That's all I'm saying.

In short, someone's needs aren't the same as everyone's. If somebody puts the Bible in the blockchain and now everyone has a copy, it's spam. Is it big? No. It's still spam.

The fees don't make much difference because they only go to the miners. It's not a market when a large portion of the network is run by volunteers. I don't understand why the full nodes are ignored. Bandwidth isn't free.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: