Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 1964 times)
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 02:53:23 AM

I have bouts of insomnia only when I have a new girlfriend start sleeping at my place. Then I can only sleep a few hours a night after I know she is completely asleep because I fart really loud when I sleep. I've been known to wake people up in adjacent rooms when I stay at hotels. One guy even changed his room when I was on vacation and told me why he did it. He said I should see a doctor and that wasn't normal.

Are you the young cop from that movie 'Crash' ?

I've never seen that movie. Does he have that problem too?

He has many problems.

Seriously though, I do recommend the movie.

Edit: Oh, I just realized crash is a synonym for sleep. Just a coincidence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:42:53 AM

I have bouts of insomnia only when I have a new girlfriend start sleeping at my place. Then I can only sleep a few hours a night after I know she is completely asleep because I fart really loud when I sleep. I've been known to wake people up in adjacent rooms when I stay at hotels. One guy even changed his room when I was on vacation and told me why he did it. He said I should see a doctor and that wasn't normal.
So, uh, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this problem and your username are somehow related.
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:58:57 AM

So, uh, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this problem and your username are somehow related.

Probably, I do love beef an awful lot. I’d rather have a steak than any other food on the planet.

Asides from vegetarians and vegans, who doesn't?

Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 04:58:54 AM

Every now and then I'll have a night that goes until 4am for no good reason, but most nights, I get 8 hours.

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 07:41:59 AM

I like 9 hours. Fortunately I have a job where I can almost always decide when to wakeup and do so without an alarm

some days I may go up late or all night, or if I did have to get up early, only get 5 hours sleep

Then after staying up all night the next night I may sleep 12 hours straight (with waking up after 9/10 and staying in bed to fall asleep after just a minute or something)

I think there's something to the 1.5 chunk sleep cycle, where if you could get 7.5hrs or 9hrs thats better than in between at 8 hours or 8.5, in the middle over every 1.5hr chunk you're in REM sleep where you don't want to wakeup or you'll feel startled and not rested

Sometimes I'll nap too

DO NOT take energy drinks, haven't since high school. NEVER drank a cup of coffee.

Want to sleep on memory foam, just have the topper right now

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 06:32:14 PM

I simply dislike sleeping. I find being productive more satisfying than sleeping, but we all need to sleep somewhat. So anyways, I get between 0 and 14 hours of sleep, depending how many times I do the former before performing the latter.

That's wrong. Sleep is very important to the performance of many tasks, including some that are life and death matters.

caffeinewriter

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 07:08:48 PM

Probably, I do love beef an awful lot. I’d rather have a steak than any other food on the planet.

Asides from vegetarians and vegans, who doesn't?

Some people don’t. I have a friend that loves sushi. I’ve teased him that stuff looks something I shit out after a good steak and smells like a diseased snatch.

And I enjoy both. Or maybe it's just food. Either way.

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 07:29:04 PM

Humans intestines are about twice the length of a carnivores. Carnivores teeth are also spaces with distance between them; notice how when eating meat strands get stuck in between teeth?

The meat passed through carnivores digestive system faster; in ours it starts to rot and has to go through faster than normal vegetables/fruit or nuts or whatever

Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 03:07:13 AM

Humans intestines are about twice the length of a carnivores. Carnivores teeth are also spaces with distance between them; notice how when eating meat strands get stuck in between teeth?

The meat passed through carnivores digestive system faster; in ours it starts to rot and has to go through faster than normal vegetables/fruit or nuts or whatever

Humans are omnivores, not carnivores. It's also impossible to compare human digestive physiology to other animals because we are the only animals that have discovered how to cook food, which has greatly influenced our evolution.
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 03:13:37 AM

Which is why I typically spend it on programming/film making/etc.

And I am an avid believer in caffeine

Definitely reflects in your nickname.  Tongue

if you sleep properly you will perform better when it comes to sexual activities, that might be a good reason to rest properly.

* Only applies to guys

Have you ever tried to convince a woman who has had a bad night asleep and if you do convince her they tend to say "im tired, you do all the work" there is no fun in that.
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 04:28:21 AM

Definitely reflects in your nickname.  Tongue

if you sleep properly you will perform better when it comes to sexual activities, that might be a good reason to rest properly.

* Only applies to guys

Have you ever tried to convince a woman who has had a bad night asleep and if you do convince her they tend to say "im tired, you do all the work" there is no fun in that.

Hm, let me see I don't think I have spent all night with a woman yet  Shocked...so no I haven't tried that.
But hey a rockstar and everything is fixed lol, maybe some people just have to much energy  Tongue

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 05:45:03 AM

Definitely reflects in your nickname.  Tongue

* Only applies to guys

Hm, let me see I don't think I have spent all night with a woman yet  Shocked...so no I haven't tried that.
But hey a rockstar and everything is fixed lol, maybe some people just have to much energy  Tongue

well age also has to do with it, what is your age, or age range?

EDIT: 24 if profile correct

2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 01:20:31 AM

Bed at 3 till 11 so... pretty decent 8 hours of sleep... but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQZ2KrpZpMk&hd=1

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 02:24:03 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2012, 02:36:19 AM by adamstgBit

Once i slept ~4 hours a night for 1 month
at the end of the month i didn't sleep for 3 days straight
I went totally nuts.
I ended up in a hospital for 3 weeks....

sleep is VERY important.

edit: this was way b4 bitcoin...

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 03:01:25 AM

I have trouble falling asleep. It takes very long time in dark room and as a result I get really bored. That's why I stay up in the night working with my computer looking for answers what the Matrix is. Then wen I'm totally tired I fall to bed and pass out. In mornings it takes good hour to be able to do anything.
Once i slept ~4 hours a night for 1 month
at the end of the month i didn't sleep for 3 days straight
I went totally nuts.
I ended up in a hospital for 3 weeks....
Stimulant drugs like amphetamine are good for single occasion followed afterwards by really unproductive days.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 03:01:35 AM

I got 3 hours last night... and yeah, no coffee or anything throughout the day (it was actually nice, roaming Spokane with some friends Tongue). But I genuinely feel less healthy right now. I'll be getting 10 hours tonight! (Unless I choose to finish setting up that TRC pool haha)

edit:

adamstgBit: thanks for the story... a bit more motivation to get some rest!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: