Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who really uses bitcoin?  (Read 2958 times)
winguard

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:08:56 PM

Who really uses bitcoin- Ordinay folk like me, use btc to pay bills, buy prepaid cellphone loads, ordering stuff online, online gambling and change to fiat when in need.

Who is the typical bitcoin user- One who has knowledge about crypto, how it works and benefit the system.

Why does it matter- For bitcoin to grow, it needs mainstream adoption.

BTC won't be adopted; it's fishy, not regulated, slow and so on.

The people likes regulations, safety, etc. BTC will remain for speculative trading, dark markets.
It has no advantage over any traditional payment systems like debit/credit cards/bank wires and payment processors like Paypal.

It's just "trendy" for now. Nothing more.

The trend is for regulation(see the exchangers who are looking for licenses which means AML, KYC and GOVs rules in the end) and this will be the end of Bitcoin. Why? Because the dark market( over 85% from BTC) will leave this e-currency when it will be "regulated".

Well.. you are entitled to your own opinions and i won't be prejudice against it.. I only stated what useful things bitcoin does for me. Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:38:22 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 08:05:38 AM by Amph

Who really uses bitcoin- Ordinay folk like me, use btc to pay bills, buy prepaid cellphone loads, ordering stuff online, online gambling and change to fiat when in need.

Who is the typical bitcoin user- One who has knowledge about crypto, how it works and benefit the system.

The people likes regulations, safety, etc. BTC will remain for speculative trading, dark markets.
It has no advantage over any traditional payment systems like debit/credit cards/bank wires and payment processors like Paypal.

The trend is for regulation(see the exchangers who are looking for licenses which means AML, KYC and GOVs rules in the end) and this will be the end of Bitcoin. Why? Because the dark market( over 85% from BTC) will leave this e-currency when it will be "regulated".

yeah no advantages, like low fee, privacy, not-hackable while you spent a transaction, sure...

with fiat if you leave your credid card credentials on some website they can steal all your funds, with bitcoin it's impossible
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:57:52 PM

I think i big group of users of bitcoin are students of informatics or people working with net services and people that love technology. I know a lot of people that didn't know anything about bitcoin.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:07:03 PM

Paranoid people would never trust and use Bitcoin.
Also people do not have basic understand of economy would stay away from bitcoin.
These are my guesses.
And software engineers would definitely use bitcoin.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:18:00 PM

I like how you're thinking. Smiley Not all people like being controlled and be fed up with BS by the government. Believe me, once the general public is fed up too and the dollar collapses, they would see bitcoin as a safe haven for their assets  Wink
inigthz

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:18:21 PM

Who really uses bitcoin? and for you Who is the typical bitcoin user?
Who doesn't use it? and why does it matter?

Trader using bitcoin to gain money.
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:38:40 PM

bitcoin is used by all the onine users who knows about bitcoin, as said by one user first actually it was started for silk route but after silk route got closed and most of the user came to know about it and price of 1 btc has made online user more friendly, students use it to gain for paying his studies fees, and some use to pay their necessity , now it has become one of the online currency

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:52:35 PM

i'm using it to buy game for now, and not expensive thing, still too early for that, i'll wait for open bazar to try to buy something expensive that i need like a good 4k monitor

for now g2a is accepting bitcoin, and it work even without their shield, i've already bought two game without it and they are working, pretty cool

Soo besides posting you like to play some games i had play those and well im inloved for AGE OF Empires i play online with friends ,but well for sure a good way to invest some bitcoins .
There will be always someone against technology i know people that hates internet ,as whatapps and others things related to computer or cell phone,even knowing that some of them are used to keep in contact with family far away instead have to travel 8 hours a day to meet them.Bitcoin wouldnt be possible to be alive without the im against it because it has no name or bill that i get at home to pay....
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:58:06 PM

yeah no advantages, like low fee, privacy, not-hackable while you spent a transaction, sure...

with fiat if you leave your credid card credentials on some website they can still all your funds, with bitcoin it's impossible

well, I may agree with you IF:

- the debit/credit cards have ZERO fees for purchasing online and offline.
- i would not read news regarding to hacking of the Bitcoin wallets  all the time..
- i have to remember you the BTC wallets hacking is not a news anymore on the Bitcoin's market. It's a habit. everyday, a lot of wallets are hacked.

so, tell me one advantage of using Bitcoin against traditional payment systems. do not tell me about privacy because it does not exist anymore. all the exchangers requires papers.
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:16:01 AM

nerds, hackers, terrorists, speculators at the moment

bankers are slowly moving in....

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:24:13 AM

i doubt terrorists are using bitcoin, its like putting all your financial records out in public for everyone to see, you just have to find em. and im pretty sure NSA has the technology to find these kind of transactions.
quantumgravity

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 02:24:04 AM

I ordered pizza with bitcoin the other day.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:08:33 AM

with fiat if you leave your credid card credentials on some website they can still all your funds, with bitcoin it's impossible

well, I may agree with you IF:

- the debit/credit cards have ZERO fees for purchasing online and offline.
- i would not read news regarding to hacking of the Bitcoin wallets  all the time..
- i have to remember you the BTC wallets hacking is not a news anymore on the Bitcoin's market. It's a habit. everyday, a lot of wallets are hacked.

so, tell me one advantage of using Bitcoin against traditional payment systems. do not tell me about privacy because it does not exist anymore. all the exchangers requires papers.

the hacking about bitcoin, it's only because people don't know how to use their desktop

i still have all my bitcoin here from two years already, no one has ever stolen them, and this is why? because i simply don't download random .exe form the web or surf  malicious site

credit card are at risk of hacking every day, they can clone your card easily nowadays, and steal everything before you can even be aware of it and block the card
AdopterOfCoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:27:50 AM

Early adopters use bitcoin. I hold and use bitcoin.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:32:29 AM

in my sense bitcoin users are online users who are mostly online and who came to know about it and knew its value and uses. bitcoin are also investment option for most of the user.
Alvin Fahriza

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:05:19 AM

Who really uses bitcoin?
Everyone who know about bitcoin
and for you Who is the typical bitcoin user?
Trader,Gambler,Business, and all people who know about bitcoin and crypto currency
Who doesn't use it? and why does it matter?
Who don't know technology.

Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:35:34 AM

i doubt terrorists are using bitcoin, its like putting all your financial records out in public for everyone to see, you just have to find em. and im pretty sure NSA has the technology to find these kind of transactions.

Probably they are using it nowadays, I heard some news regarding to ISIS supporters using bitcoin to fund those terrorists. And due to its "anonymous" (which is completely not) nature, its very possible it can be used by terrorists.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:50:11 AM

Probably they are using it nowadays, I heard some news regarding to ISIS supporters using bitcoin to fund those terrorists. And due to its "anonymous" (which is completely not) nature, its very possible it can be used by terrorists.

Everything has its bad and good sides. Everything!! Just to concentrate on bad sides of something and stay oblivious to all of the advantages is very hypocritical at least.

Are terrorist using it? Maybe! Just like they are using Fiat, gold, diamonds and whatever can facilitate their operations. We cannot really do anything about. This is not even worth of discussion!
hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:06:01 AM

I really uses it Grin. I use bitcoin for about 1/3 of my purchases in general but was able to live almost exclusively on it for over a month winter.
AdopterOfCoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:21:43 AM

I really uses it Grin. I use bitcoin for about 1/3 of my purchases in general but was able to live almost exclusively on it for over a month winter.

1% is high proportion. You are lucky in such a country.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: