Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 100BTC for £600 - cash or bank xfer. Any takers?  (Read 1020 times)
tenakha (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Hi,

I need a quick 100 BTC for £600, to be done today or early tomorrow morning.

Me: Trusted buyer with gsoh.
You: Trusted seller

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2012, 01:37:36 PM

Have 10 BTC which I can sell for £60, let me know. Smiley

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
coincash

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 06:38:53 PM

LOL
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 03:22:51 PM

Tell us the joke, I seem to have missed it.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 04:17:46 PM

Me too Smiley

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
coincash

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 11:36:26 PM

Joke is no one would be stupid enough to take this deal, unless they were a millionaire and just didn't care about losing a couple hundred bucks.
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 11:53:40 PM

I can easily sell coins at £6 & still be in profit though, so there goes your logic. By the time I have the coins I'm already up by about 35% on each coin.

I think the bigger joke here is that you make assumptions based on your own experience in this market.

coincash

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 12:17:37 AM

I can easily sell coins at £6 & still be in profit though, so there goes your logic. By the time I have the coins I'm already up by about 35% on each coin.

I think the bigger joke here is that you make assumptions based on your own experience in this market.

Ok I'm fuckin evil cause I think this is a bad deal, great. But fact is, for most, it is. Even if the margin is that large, like it is for you, why wouldn't you sell at the last? It's very doable. Why go out of your way like this just to lose money? I'm saying it's a joke to settle for a price this unfair, and it's insulting to even suggest it is. And even besides that, If there's guys like you out there willing to settle for a shit deal like this, don't you think guys like me would be taking advantage trying to sell our thousands of coins and making a four figure commission off your stupidity just by reselling at the last? We don't, because it's not doable. So you've got to understand, whatever your price margin is at, it's a bad deal. Hence, it's a funny suggestion that a deal like this could be made with anyone but the guy buying being the winner.

I love having to explain myself when I laugh at something, even if the reason why should be readily apparent to most. But there just has to be a smartass that has to make it into a big thing. Why? It's a bad deal, that's a fact. Even if you're a billionaire buying a hershey bar for $20 and it doesn't even matter to you, it doesn't change the fact you're still getting ripped off compared to the price you could have gotten it elsewhere. Opportunity costs, they exist and objectively dictate what is and isn't the best deal. I realize you're angry with me for my reaction to the post, but that doesn't make this deal any better than it is. There's no assumptions, there's just the fact that you're losing 15% to this guy just because.
Xch4ng3

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 04:17:59 PM

I never said you were evil did I? Maybe you shouldn't pull words out of thin air. I simply said you shouldn't make an assumption. For all you know I could have gotten something for free, sold it for BTC and I'm trying to sell the coins quickly.

And even besides that, If there's guys like you out there willing to settle for a shit deal like this, don't you think guys like me would be taking advantage trying to sell our thousands of coins and making a four figure commission off your stupidity just by reselling at the last? We don't, because it's not doable. So you've got to understand, whatever your price margin is at, it's a bad deal. Hence, it's a funny suggestion that a deal like this could be made with anyone but the guy buying being the winner.

See here's where your wrong. The thing is I'm already a winner, if somebody wants to go ahead, buy all my coins & then sell them higher than so be it. I really couldn't care less. All I care is that I get the money I ask in the account I ask, simple as that. You clearly don't understand where I'm coming from so I'm not going to bother explaining it to you, just know the quicker I get my money the more I make, so it's in my interest to appeal to anyone who wants cheap coins. If I'm not wrong, me providing coins at £6/coin would mean I'm the cheapest on the market. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that cheap products bring customers and with the way I have stock, it means a continuous income flow.

I love having to explain myself when I laugh at something, even if the reason why should be readily apparent to most. But there just has to be a smartass that has to make it into a big thing. Why? It's a bad deal, that's a fact. Even if you're a billionaire buying a hershey bar for $20 and it doesn't even matter to you, it doesn't change the fact you're still getting ripped off compared to the price you could have gotten it elsewhere. Opportunity costs, they exist and objectively dictate what is and isn't the best deal. I realize you're angry with me for my reaction to the post, but that doesn't make this deal any better than it is. There's no assumptions, there's just the fact that you're losing 15% to this guy just because.

You didn't have to be condescending about it. Posting just "LOL" is being a douche-bag imo, it wasn't needed. Instead clearly explaining that the rate he is offering isn't the average would have been the correct etiquette. I'm not even angry at the situation though, so I don't know how you came up with that. I was rather more curious to see what was funny. The thing is I'm not going to wait around for a extra 15%. That's only 60p, my way gets rid of my 40-50 coins per day easily & fast and I'm content with that.

tenakha (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 04:46:48 PM

I missed the posts on my thread completely ... just reading now....

The thing is ... this is a *market*. If BTC is trading at £6.60 and someone genuinely does need £600 in hard cash within 10 minutes, then sometimes deals like this can work positively for the seller.

It depends on what 100BTC is worth to the seller... if he/she bought at £2.00 many moons ago then sometimes its less 'hassle' to sell at a discount to a trusted buyer with the knowledge that 110% you will not get 'stung' by a scammer or a PP reversal. I don't always demand a 10% discount.. but sometimes I get asked to supply 100/200 even 500 BTC at short notice and if can flip them for a little trouble and sell on at -5% - everyone wins.

So if anyone *today* is looking to sell 100BTC at £600 for hard cash - please PM me. :-)

Just my 2 bitcoins worth.

Xch4ng3 - if you have any coins to sell - I am interested - always ready to buy cheap coins fast. Thanks
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 05:32:51 PM

I missed the posts on my thread completely ... just reading now....

The thing is ... this is a *market*. If BTC is trading at £6.60 and someone genuinely does need £600 in hard cash within 10 minutes, then sometimes deals like this can work positively for the seller.

It depends on what 100BTC is worth to the seller... if he/she bought at £2.00 many moons ago then sometimes its less 'hassle' to sell at a discount to a trusted buyer with the knowledge that 110% you will not get 'stung' by a scammer or a PP reversal. I don't always demand a 10% discount.. but sometimes I get asked to supply 100/200 even 500 BTC at short notice and if can flip them for a little trouble and sell on at -5% - everyone wins.

So if anyone *today* is looking to sell 100BTC at £600 for hard cash - please PM me. :-)

Just my 2 bitcoins worth.

Xch4ng3 - if you have any coins to sell - I am interested - always ready to buy cheap coins fast. Thanks

Good Luck.  With the situation in the UK, I would actually think there would be a premium right now because of the limited options for funding purchases.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
tenakha (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:35:34 PM

Good Luck.  With the situation in the UK, I would actually think there would be a premium right now because of the limited options for funding purchases.

Thank you ... its not straightforward ... but there is a thriving f2f cash market ... which is how I prefer to trade.... cut out the banks altogether... face to face trade - like in ye days of olde ....
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 11:28:38 PM

I could sell you £70 of BTC at the MtGox GBP 24hr weighted average?

coincash

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 01:23:18 AM

I understand where you guys are coming from, but what I'm saying is it's very possible to hammer out better deals for hard currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: