Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:03:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-10-20]CCN-IS THE BITCOIN PRICE RISING DUE TO CHINESE DEMAND OR THE NEW...  (Read 316 times)
tolikkk (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 05:39:05 PM

Zero Hedge is contending that Bitcoin is on the precipice of the “2nd coming of the Bitcoin bubble.” According to the popular online financial website, “China’s increasing crackdown on its -until now lax - capital controls has spurred demand for alternate ‘currencies’ that remain out of the control (for now) of governments…”

ZH recalls how Bitcoin increased in price amid Grexit worries. In the wake of the media frenzy and European uncertainty, Bitcoin has fallen in price. ZH believes that there is a distinct possibility that China could invest even a fraction of its $22 trillion in Chinese deposits into Bitcoin. “...Sit back and watch as we witness the second of the bitcoin bubble, one which could make the previous all-time highs in the digital currency, seems like a low print. [sic]”

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-rising-due-chinese-demand-new-winklevoss-exchange-gemini/
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:29:09 AM

China could be moving the price as we see it now, but CNN fails to understand that the big spike to 1200 was caused by the willy bot at Gox

I'm sure we'll see continued exponential growth maybe even above 1200 but no spike like before. I also don't believe this "bubble" will last. We will see a correction in February or March.

The halving next year will cause a bubble though
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:37:13 AM

China could be moving the price as we see it now, but CNN fails to understand that the big spike to 1200 was caused by the willy bot at Gox

I'm sure we'll see continued exponential growth maybe even above 1200 but no spike like before. I also don't believe this "bubble" will last. We will see a correction in February or March.

Oh, I am sure that CNN experts know this, but maybe they treat this info as not confirmed speculation, therefore are afraid to say that publicly.
Bitcoin will grow, there is no denying, but I doubt we'll be seeing price higher than $1000 before year 2020.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:12:07 PM

Oh good, another willy bot reference. This usually comes up when people talk about price. Here's the real deal, from the actual person who discovered the willy bot.

Reddit user paleh0rse explains Willy's lack of influence:

Willy's small buys did not apply any upward pressure on price during the entire three months of its existence.

If you understood the math involved with Willy's algorithm, and the dynamics of the Muppet Exchange exchange, you would also understand why what I'm saying is true.

You're absolutely wrong about Willy's impact (or effect) during last year's rally -- or, more accurately, the lack thereof.

Willy was a very slow accumulation bot, nothing more. His total daily purchases didn't even keep up with the number of coins being mined every day, and said purchases were spaced out throughout those entire days in tiny 10-20 btc increments that barely moved the needle -- even when there were lulls and nobody else was trading.

I discovered Willy and studied him in real time very extensively for more than a month...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:12:48 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 02:49:10 PM by notthematrix

the 1200 spike was caused by insiders read the book of joris luiendijks book  swimming with sharks.  
about the state of the banking system,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzNBW1trEgs

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███