Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:38:09 PM

IOTA is unstoppable!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

London stock exchange news mentioned IOTA -
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/BLU/13296507.html
luicon

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:03:49 PM

i like bitfinex, they dont add any shitcoin unlike bittrex,

bittrex looks like the old criptsy scam,
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:35:42 PM

I don't understand with the amazing project this is you don't bother to get in in bittrex or poloniex but instead you have it in a shit exchange, I don't really understand you guys,,,,it goes beyond my understanding, This can go above $1 if you have it in a decent exchange

It will be in other exchanges soon, just be patient if you don't wanna buy at bitfinex or ydx. It's not that easy to implement for the exchanges since this a new technology - no plug&play here. Iota-Team is willing to help but is not pushing it to get to other exchanges. This is no pump and dump coin.

Seems like Dr. Maupin will be working on smart contracts for Iota Smiley

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:35:06 PM

Dr. Julie Maupin (G20, Max Planck Institute, Advisor to German government) joins IOTA

https://blog.iota.org/welcome-julie-maupin-to-iota-14b9ac92478f

On being a part of IOTA
Decentralized technologies today are presenting humanity with unprecedented opportunities to re-think the way we organize both our individual and collective lives. Everything is up for re-invention. From finance to social networking to democracy itself… there has never been a better time to be on the cutting edge. Thanks to its adherence to the golden rules of parsimony, modularity, and interoperability, IOTA has the potential to truly become the backbone of the Internet-of-Everything. Especially when considered in combination with parallel developments in artificial intelligence, the possibilities are staggering. I’m thrilled to be part of this budding community of pragmatic idealists. I look forward to contributing to the mission to ensure that IOTA develops in impactful ways that deliver broadly distributed benefits not just to the fortunate few, but especially to the many historically underserved segments of our planet’s amazing and diverse populations.
We are thrilled to have someone as professional and passionate as Julie join the project. She has been assisting us behind the scenes for some time now, particularly the IOTA Foundation registration process, but also various other valuable tasks, and has been absolutely tremendous. Her expertise and vast experience overlaps perfectly with a lot of the upcoming plans for IOTA, so we expect great synergy. Everyone give her a warm welcome!
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:30:37 PM

A lot of good news for Iota right now.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:51:44 PM

what does it mean that IOTA will replace BTC?

the IOTA Foundation to explore replacing Bitcoin with an alternative cryptocurrency, IOTA, as SatoshiPay's settlement network ("Project").

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
jratcliff63367

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:12:38 PM

I just wanted to give a word of advice for people who are trying to wrap their brains around what the IOTA token 'should be worth' and it's potential for growth.

I like to think of this way.

Take the total number of IOTA tokens (talking M tokens) which is 2,777 million and divide that by the total number of bitcoin tokens there will ever be (21 million).

This means there are 132 M-iota tokens for each one bitcoin.

Since one IOTA token is, at the moment, worth 0.26 USD, that means to own a share of IOTA tokens equivalent to one bitcoin works out to $34 USD.

So, IOTA tokens are currently trading at the equivalent of a $34 bitcoin and, to wrap your brain around volatility, over the weekend it was as low as $20.

I think it is helpful to think about IOTA tokens this way.  If it ever, some day, became 'as big as bitcoin is today', where 132 M-IOTA tokens would be worth $2,060, that would be an additional 60x growth.

That said, it's probably a bit too pie-in-the-sky dreaming to think that will ever be the case.  I mean, it could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.  I would say that this should probably just be your mental idea of 'moon' someday for IOTA.

All that said, most people would be absolutely thrilled to just see a 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period and if IOTA gets any traction, that probably isn't an insane expectation.  It's already been 2x higher than it is now once before.

The reality is, no matter how awesome the IOTA tech is, it still needs some kind of adoption / network effect to ever go anywhere.  Right now, virtually no one seems to know about it, it's only traded on one exchange, so it still feels 'very early' on this thing.

Personally, I've been a bitcoin maximalist.  This is the first alt-coin I have ever made a significant financial investment in.    The main reason for me is due to the fact that the underlying tech is so radically different than a conventional blockchain.

Time will tell.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:43:21 PM

I just wanted to give a word of advice for people who are trying to wrap their brains around what the IOTA token 'should be worth' and it's potential for growth.

Take the total number of IOTA tokens (talking M tokens) which is 2,777 million and divide that by the total number of bitcoin tokens there will ever be (21 million).

Since one IOTA token is, at the moment, worth 0.26 USD, that means to own a share of IOTA tokens equivalent to one bitcoin works out to $34 USD.

So, IOTA tokens are currently trading at the equivalent of a $34 bitcoin and, to wrap your brain around volatility, over the weekend it was as low as $20.

I think it is helpful to think about IOTA tokens this way.  If it ever, some day, became 'as big as bitcoin is today', where 132 M-IOTA tokens would be worth $2,060, that would be an additional 60x growth.

That said, it's probably a bit too pie-in-the-sky dreaming to think that will ever be the case.  I mean, it could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.  I would say that this should probably just be your mental idea of 'moon' someday for IOTA.

All that said, most people would be absolutely thrilled to just see a 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period and if IOTA gets any traction, that probably isn't an insane expectation.  It's already been 2x higher than it is now once before.

The reality is, no matter how awesome the IOTA tech is, it still needs some kind of adoption / network effect to ever go anywhere.  Right now, virtually no one seems to know about it, it's only traded on one exchange, so it still feels 'very early' on this thing.

Personally, I've been a bitcoin maximalist.  This is the first alt-coin I have ever made a significant financial investment in.    The main reason for me is due to the fact that the underlying tech is so radically different than a conventional blockchain.

Time will tell.

2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period ? You are not a very big fan of IOTA then, I think will be x10 in 2 month, lets be realistic and not pesimistic! This is a great project that will take everybody by storms. Lets talk sense and give the benefit of the great technology this is!! Number 1 in CMC  soon!

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Thrilldo360

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:04:40 PM

A nice IOTA weekend update from Tangleblog - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5wQ3K4l9g

Warning - in this video the author expressed some of his views about global warming. It has nothing to do with IOTA project. It is a pure individual opinion. Ignore it if you don't like it. Embrace it if you like it.

Why would adults need this disclaimer?
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:30:31 PM

Great performance of Iota today!  Do you think iota is influenced by the rise of btc or its own market is independent and growing?
jratcliff63367

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:47:56 PM

>. 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period ? You are not a very big fan of IOTA then, I think will be x10 in 2 month, lets be realistic and not pessimistic! This is a great project that will take everybody by storms. Lets talk sense and give the benefit of the great technology this is!! Number 1 in CMC  soon!

I think I am being realistic.  IOTA has **DROPPED** in value by 3x in the past three months!  That's hardly a bullish trend!

It's listed on only one exchange.

The wallets that exist are amateurish and buggy.

You cannot use it as a payment network pretty much anywhere.

Virtually no one has heard about it nor is using it.

The tech is unproven.   Most of the miraculous claims about the tech are completely unproven and untested in the real world.  It's a tinker-toy now that is supposedly going to become the Eiffel tower.  That's very speculative.

I doubt it has been seriously attacked yet for vulnerabilities.  It's not clear how it would respond to an attack or something like corrupted data in the 'tangle'.

Right now IOTA is priced the same as bitcoin was in March 2013.  It does not at all feel as mature as bitcoin was at the same time.

How you can translate a 'dropped in value 3x in the past three months' into a bullish 10x sentiment in the next 2 is hardly what I would call 'realistic'.
blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 07:00:31 PM

corporates such as Innogy, Canonical, Bosch, Cisco and Microsoft are building IOTA prototypes focussed on the Internet of Things!

IOTA is by far the most adopted coin out there!

Akarabzie

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:13:11 PM

Not sure if its been posted yet, but coindesk wrote their own story on the SatoshiPay announcement.

http://www.coindesk.com/satoshipay-stop-using-bitcoin-blockchain-micropayments/

☷☷☷☷☷☷☰☰☰☰ WAVESTHE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEEDWAVES ☰☰☰☰☷☷☷☷☷☷
DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGEBTC & FIAT GATEWAYSCOMMUNITY ASSETSICOs/LPOS
▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬JOIN WAVES COMMUNITY PORTAL▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:26:15 PM

The quality of people gathering around Iota speaks volumes. This imho is the only project currently with a real chance to take the number 1 spot from BTC and it comes at a great time when a lot of people are disenchanted by miners' shenanigans and are already looking beyond the traditional proof of work.
revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:46:40 PM

worth read

Blockchain or Distributed Ledger? Defining the requirement, not the technology

https://www.constellationr.com/blog-news/blockchain-or-distributed-ledger-defining-requirement-not-technology-0
musicmate

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:58:05 PM

Time will tell.

Nice post mate, i agree about the tech being different & will need time to grow. I've also taken a punt but not a huge one , will add as news & community grows, thats just the way i like to invest.

revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:00:28 PM

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/BLU/13296507.html

Blue Star Capital plc
("Blue Star" or the "Company")

Update on SatoshiPay

Blue Star Capital plc (AIM: BLU), the investing company with a focus on new technologies, is pleased to announce that its investee company, SatoshiPay Ltd ("SatoshiPay"), a UK incorporated private nanopayment software and blockchain company in which Blue Star owns approximately 19 per cent of the equity (expected to increase to 31 per cent subject to completion of the further investment in SatoshiPay announced by the Company on 4 July 2017), has agreed a proof of concept project with the IOTA Foundation to explore replacing Bitcoin with an alternative cryptocurrency, IOTA, as SatoshiPay's settlement network ("Project").

Since its 2015 product launch SatoshiPay has relied on the Bitcoin network to settle nanopayments. Initially Bitcoin transaction fees were negligible at below €0.01 per transaction. Due to Bitcoin's rising popularity in 2017, combined with stalling scalability improvements, the network's transaction limit is regularly reached, leading to congestion and an increase in fees to uneconomical levels. To sustain and enhance SatoshiPay's business model based on frequent low-value payments, SatoshiPay is seeking to replace Bitcoin with a more suitable distributed ledger technology.

The IOTA network, with its token listed as 9th largest cryptocurrency on coinmarketcap.com at a market cap of €450m, offers zero-fee transactions with no limit on the number of transactions per second, making it unique among cryptocurrencies and an ideal ledger technology for SatoshiPay's future needs.

While corporate entities such as Innogy, Canonical, Bosch, Cisco and Microsoft are building IOTA prototypes focussed on the Internet of things, SatoshiPay is IOTA Foundation's first partner to build a purely web-based application.

The results of the project are expected to be available in August 2017.

Tony Fabrizi, CEO of Blue Star said: "Working with the IOTA Foundation allows SatoshiPay to explore new technology with a clear focus on scalability of its business. We are excited about the potential new opportunities that could open up from this initiative and that SatoshiPay is taking steps to optimise its business model".

SatoshiPay CEO Meinhard Benn said: "Working with the IOTA Foundation allows us to explore cutting edge technology with a clear focus on scalability and mass market roll-out. We couldn't be more excited and expect plenty of exposure and new opportunities to open up"

This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014 ("MAR").
oleksii777

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:39:37 AM

Many people already talk about this!
---
The quality of people gathering around Iota speaks volumes. This imho is the only project currently with a real chance to take the number 1 spot from BTC and it comes at a great time when a lot of people are disenchanted by miners' shenanigans and are already looking beyond the traditional proof of work.
vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:10:30 AM

>. 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period ? You are not a very big fan of IOTA then, I think will be x10 in 2 month, lets be realistic and not pessimistic! This is a great project that will take everybody by storms. Lets talk sense and give the benefit of the great technology this is!! Number 1 in CMC  soon!

I think I am being realistic.  IOTA has **DROPPED** in value by 3x in the past three months!  That's hardly a bullish trend!

It's listed on only one exchange.

The wallets that exist are amateurish and buggy.

You cannot use it as a payment network pretty much anywhere.

Virtually no one has heard about it nor is using it.

The tech is unproven.   Most of the miraculous claims about the tech are completely unproven and untested in the real world.  It's a tinker-toy now that is supposedly going to become the Eiffel tower.  That's very speculative.

I doubt it has been seriously attacked yet for vulnerabilities.  It's not clear how it would respond to an attack or something like corrupted data in the 'tangle'.

Right now IOTA is priced the same as bitcoin was in March 2013.  It does not at all feel as mature as bitcoin was at the same time.

How you can translate a 'dropped in value 3x in the past three months' into a bullish 10x sentiment in the next 2 is hardly what I would call 'realistic'.

What you described here is exactly the state you want to buy any coin in. If you wait until all the problems are solved and everyone heard about it, it will be too late! Of course this comes with a high risk, but that is what makes the roi. (This is not an investment advice.)
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: