Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest secret of bitcoin  (Read 4198 times)
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:36:33 AM

I didn't understand a single thing at all  Huh Huh
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:18:35 AM

yes exactly you can mine more as 21 million coins right.

Enough of this already. The hard limit on the mineable coins are 21000000 (rounded from 20999999.7 afaik). If you have a solid proof on where do you see your claims, post it here. Bitcoin is not an alt with which devs can do a ninja edit and mine more coins than the expected limit. It doesn't matter what type of mining method bitcoins has; it doesn't matter if it is PoW, PoS or other algo. It has a limit, period.

you can mine more than 21million coins because transaction fees are mined too.
that does not change the fact there never will be more than 21million coins ;-)

Transaction fees are given in a transaction paid by the users, and is also a part of the 21m hard coded limit. It is different from the block reward which the miners get after solving a block.

Don't spread misinformation.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:05:11 AM

Enough of this already. The hard limit on the mineable coins are 21000000 (rounded from 20999999.7 afaik). If you have a solid proof on where do you see your claims, post it here. Bitcoin is not an alt with which devs can do a ninja edit and mine more coins than the expected limit. It doesn't matter what type of mining method bitcoins has; it doesn't matter if it is PoW, PoS or other algo. It has a limit, period.

Transaction fees are given in a transaction paid by the users, and is also a part of the 21m hard coded limit. It is different from the block reward which the miners get after solving a block.

they are both part of the single coinbase transaction and its impossible to distinguish blockreward and earned fees.
so how is that misinformation?

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:17:15 AM

they are both part of the single coinbase transaction and its impossible to distinguish blockreward and earned fees.

it is because you're implying that there are more than 21M coins, which is false

actually there are a bit less than 21M coins, and this number will likely never be changed
onemorexmr

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

it is because you're implying that there are more than 21M coins, which is false

actually there are a bit less than 21M coins, and this number will likely never be changed

well... thats why i wrote that afterwards: that does not change the fact there never will be more than 21million coins ;-)

(bolded it twice for you)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
dothebeats
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:42:56 AM

well... thats why i wrote that afterwards: that does not change the fact there never will be more than 21million coins ;-)

Lol I thought you are implying that there will be more than 21 million on the first comment, which is simply false.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:37:04 AM

What he saying What does it mean? I do not understand his secret about bitcoin.. Hmmm. I think he saying that bitcoin is bigger than i though?
onemorexmr

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:38:57 AM

Lol I thought you are implying that there will be more than 21 million on the first comment, which is simply false.

Cheesy yes, there will never be more than 21million coins. bitcoins social contract will never change: i am very sure about that ;-)

isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:06:28 AM

I did not understand this at all. Author is probably German or something?
I guess he says you can have more than 21 million bitcoins but we basically cannot.
BitcoinCounty

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:26:11 PM

There is no secret in bitcoin, it is open source. Everybody can contribute to it.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:36:29 PM

OP you need to learn to ESL

Also, the 21 million limit can be changed but it would destroy the value of all btc. Since it could only be changed by consensus no one will do it. Even if some entity could buy up enough coins in 2140 to steal consensus it wouldn't be worth it. It would be like throwing billions down the toilet.

Same reasoning why a 51% attack will never happen
dothebeats
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:41:20 PM

Also, the 21 million limit can be changed but it would destroy the value of all btc. Since it could only be changed by consensus no one will do it. Even if some entity could buy up enough coins in 2140 to steal consensus it wouldn't be worth it. It would be like throwing billions down the toilet.

A 51% attack could happen, but you're right. If that hashing power continues to mine on a different chain and not the main chain, the coin's value would surely plummet and bitcoin would be history.

krishna1

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:25:48 PM

A Bitcoin wallet integrated with Telegram,
Telebit allows bitcoin to be exchanged among other Telegram users as well as external bitcoin addresses.
“The [Telebit] system has been live for 2 weeks now, and we are now satisfied with its feature set and stability,” reads today’s announcement on the Bitcointalk forum. “Telebit leverages the Telegram messenger app itself which is well known, tested and available on pretty much every device.” Like other online wallets, Telebit wallets are stored in the cloud, so it’s not recommended that you use Telebit for receiving or storing large sums. Rather, Telebit is a portable wallet that you can carry on your smartphone and load with the bitcoin that you expect to spend in the short term – just like cash in a physical wallet.

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 01:26:42 PM

What I understand he is saying is that there is no 21 million limit to the total coin number, but actually a 21 million transaction limit.

Do not understand the reasoning he does about that.

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:29:15 PM

So guys sorry that i write this here and yes i want that i take motivation to can continue my projects.

So i think that the really target on this community is a currency the is free and really honestly.

Therefore i want that everybody know that the biggest secret on bitcoin is...

That you can more mine as 21 Millionen coins . The maximum amount of coins is only the maximum of coins the you can send to the same time...

and why i write this many coins have a max coin . But its not the maximal mineable coins. The statement is maybe only true for pos coins but the means that you on amount of blocks you can only mine the coin over the pos algo. That means that it gives a infinitive of every coin to can mine it.

I write this to give the guys the honestly back so that the community know the secrets or tricks of it.

For example also banks and brokers have tricks to take guys money. yes its a warning of me so that guys know that gives developer the not lies and its important for me that it gives developer the are not scammer and her interesting is a really honestly decentralized world. Where you can make a trade without the fear that anybody is a scammer. I can understand that its really important to survive in the world and make money but its important for me that you makes money without scamming.

The problem is its my meaning . That the trustment is overall very low because it gives a lot of scammers and many try more tricks to steal your money for example https://www.facebook.com/3BloxKostenlosSpielen The game 3blox is a scammer game you wins and then you lose all your money
What?!, i am pretty sure there are not more than 21 million mineable coins, the reward decreases every 4 years or something slowing the supply of coins into the market. the total number of coins cant go over 21million
BitcoinCounty

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:25:40 AM

The bitcoin is deflationary at the moment. Everyday, some coins are lost. Maybe in the future, by consensus, we can change the total number of coins to compensate for the loss of coins to make bitcoin less deflationary. For example, we can award the nodes by giving 0.000001 bitcoin in total per day to all the nodes.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:41:57 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 10:02:07 AM by Quantus

After trying to read OP I thought I was having a stroke.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:43:04 AM

The bitcoin is deflationary at the moment. Everyday, some coins are lost. Maybe in the future, by consensus, we can change the total number of coins to compensate for the loss of coins to make bitcoin less deflationary. For example, we can award the nodes by giving 0.000001 bitcoin in total per day to all the nodes.

A lot of coins are lost or burnt forever. People forgetting the keys, hard disk failures, robbery. So many coins aren't available at the moment.
That reduces the total net amount which will be in any case lower than 21 mln

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Kazimir
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:50:31 AM

That you can more mine as 21 Millionen coins .
You can verify it yourself in the source code:

Every block results in 50 new bitcoins. After every 210,000 blocks, this number is halved. So the next 210,000 blocks result in 25 new bitcoins per block, et cetera.
This means if you mine for an infinite amount of time, you will get: 210,000 × (50+25+12.5+6.25+.....) = 21,000,000 bitcoins.

It always wonders me how the F*CK people can still claim there is supposed to be 'secrets' in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is open source, transparent, verifiable, and not depending on trust or good faith or promises or anything.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Tstar
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:54:27 AM

That you can more mine as 21 Millionen coins .
You can verify it yourself in the source code:

Every block results in 50 new bitcoins. After every 210,000 blocks, this number is halved. So the next 210,000 blocks result in 25 new bitcoins per block, et cetera.
This means if you mine for an infinite amount of time, you will get: 210,000 × (50+25+12.5+6.25+.....) = 21,000,000 bitcoins.

It always wonders me how the F*CK people can still claim there is supposed to be 'secrets' in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is open source, transparent, verifiable, and not depending on trust or good faith or promises or anything.

Do you really think he/she will care about your perfect explanation?
May he/she was just drunk at the time of typing.

Let's not feed the troll.
 Wink

████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████