Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 100 OR MORE ANTMINER S1 IN UK  (Read 1144 times)
AJPOM1 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:32:52 PM

AFTER 100 OR MORE ANTMINER S1 IM IN UK SO REALY NEED A UK SELLER AS POSTAGE WOULD KILL THE DEAL  Grin
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:14:12 PM

I could do this, but you will not like where they are located. USA

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:19:24 PM

..... but why? The amount of free electric you must have would be insane and the ability to get such a higher hashrate out there.

Why me or why him?  I like to put about 50 under my bed and have a heated bed in the winter.  JK I have had mine for a long time.

quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:29:05 PM

..... but why? The amount of free electric you must have would be insane and the ability to get such a higher hashrate out there.

Why me or why him?  I like to put about 50 under my bed and have a heated bed in the winter.  JK I have had mine for a long time.
Why him, 100 would give 20th/s at probably 20$ a pop (maybe 10 for bulk rate) but he will have zero opportunity for resale and will need 100 ethernet cables (another 3-5 $ a pop) infrastructure, watching them to make sure no fire, power supplies (the big cost) and shipping. I just don't get it over 3 S7's.

Pretty crazy how far we've come in a couple short years.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:07:53 PM

He must have free power, its not been profitable to run S1's in the UK for a long time because of our high electricity costs.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:40:54 PM

He must have free power, its not been profitable to run S1's in the UK for a long time because of our high electricity costs.
The vat cost is going to suck!

As far as I'm aware VAT is only applicable if he's buying from a business, shouldn't have VAT if its a private seller.

Could be wrong though I'm not sure about this to be honest.
mfaidzul

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:42:05 PM

A possible reason is that he's running an industrial drying room. Rather than just putting in a heater, might as well put a heater that mines btc on the side... I've seen one enterprising fellow did just that.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:44:50 PM

A possible reason is that he's running an industrial drying room. Rather than just putting in a heater, might as well put a heater that mines btc on the side... I've seen one enterprising fellow did just that.

Yes that would be a good use for them as they do give out considerable heat.

I loved my S1's, by far the most reliable miners I ever had, happy days Smiley.
AJPOM1 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:02:04 PM

Looking at them as a cheap and reliable miner already have some power supplies have buildings with wind and solar on them and the need for them to be heated. Little project of mine using some HVAC to spread the heat to other parts of the building i run an electrical contracting company that owns a few buildings. Might be a complete waste of time but wasted my money on worse things  Wink
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:12:37 PM

As far as I'm aware VAT is only applicable if he's buying from a business, shouldn't have VAT if its a private seller.

Unfortunately for us all in the EU, you are wrong.

Whatever you buy that is valued over 25€/25$ outside EU will be charged VAT +  carrier fees for doing the paperwork when it arrives in EU.
VAT applies on the value of the item and on the value of the shipping, and of course on the fees charged by carrier company (DHL/FedEx,UPS...).
Only if you use Airmail, you can sometimes go through without paying VAT (usually works quite well on smaller packages).

I even had to pay VAT and fees on some of my own breakout boards sent back by Holybitcoin for RMA.

Simple example, you buy an item that is just 25€, with 15€ shipping on top, you will end up paying an extra 23€
8€ VAT on item + shipping, 15€ fees to the carrier company (average value for FedEx/DHL)

And the worst is that if you buy something with free shipping, the carrier company will still make you pay VAT on an arbitrary shipping value they will add over the item value.

So something that is 25€ with free shipping can sometimes translate into an extra 23€ VAT + fees too.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:24:28 AM

Looking at them as a cheap and reliable miner already have some power supplies have buildings with wind and solar on them and the need for them to be heated. Little project of mine using some HVAC to spread the heat to other parts of the building i run an electrical contracting company that owns a few buildings. Might be a complete waste of time but wasted my money on worse things  Wink

This is pretty smart! Good luck with your venture. Perhaps approach a large mining company like Genesis Mining and offer to purchase some of their old tech off of them. I'm sure you'd be able to get a decent rate for the - and they're based in the UK which is quids in for you!

Where in the UK are you based? Scotland?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:25:24 AM

Whatever you buy that is valued over 25€/25$ outside EU will be charged VAT +  carrier fees for doing the paperwork when it arrives in EU.
VAT applies on the value of the item and on the value of the shipping, and of course on the fees charged by carrier company (DHL/FedEx,UPS...).
Only if you use Airmail, you can sometimes go through without paying VAT (usually works quite well on smaller packages).

I even had to pay VAT and fees on some of my own breakout boards sent back by Holybitcoin for RMA.

Simple example, you buy an item that is just 25€, with 15€ shipping on top, you will end up paying an extra 23€
8€ VAT on item + shipping, 15€ fees to the carrier company (average value for FedEx/DHL)

And the worst is that if you buy something with free shipping, the carrier company will still make you pay VAT on an arbitrary shipping value they will add over the item value.

So something that is 25€ with free shipping can sometimes translate into an extra 23€ VAT + fees too.

Ok I didn't know that, thanks very much for taking the time to explain it to me Smiley.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:38:20 AM

he must ? im sure he has !  Tongue
or, he needs some parts from S1 badly for something else  Roll Eyes
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:36:58 PM

Ok I didn't know that, thanks very much for taking the time to explain it to me Smiley.

Could I fly to EU with the miners as carry on as my personal heater, then sell them in the same country I am visiting? VAT is only applied when a sale crosses borders correct?

J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:09:16 PM

Could I fly to EU with the miners as carry on as my personal heater, then sell them in the same country I am visiting? VAT is only applied when a sale crosses borders correct?

if sold from individual to individual, it could work, and technically you could even ship from the country you are visiting to another EU country without extra taxes.
I'm wondering how you can make them believe 100 ant S1 are your "personal heater"...

But for something like a few S5/S7 or similar form factor, why not.

Give me a call if you do it  Grin

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
AJPOM1 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:40:48 PM

DEAL DONE WITH MARIOWOT SENDING PAYMENT MONDAY NO MORE REQUIRED FOR THE MOMENT WILL UPDATE WHEN I HAVE SENT PAYMENT  Grin
mobiletalk

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:01:29 PM

DEAL DONE WITH MARIOWOT SENDING PAYMENT MONDAY NO MORE REQUIRED FOR THE MOMENT WILL UPDATE WHEN I HAVE SENT PAYMENT  Grin
late. let me know if you still need more after.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: