Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Sun: The Paypal Problem  (Read 1769 times)
Garrett Burgwardt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 05:25:52 AM

http://thebitcoinsun.com/post/2011/06/05/The-Paypal-Problem

This is my article that will be published in an upcoming edition of The Bitcoin Sun, but since it's an important issue I figured I'd put the web version out early, so people have a resource to link noobs to when they want to buy with paypal Smiley

Please feel free to leave comments and send tips! My paycheck is hurting this week because of donating most of it to this thread/promo

-Garrett
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 06:56:32 AM

Thats a great post, i live in south america and its very difficult to buy btc on mtgox right now.

Im wondering if anyone can help me to put money on dwolla or mt gox.

The only way i could buy some coins was on bitcoinmarket through paypal last week before the big rally screw up the prices on there.

I know i dont have enough reputation here to make transactions with paypal but if anyone can help me to put dollars on mtgox from south america i'll be all ears.

I must share with you guys that since last sunday that i get in touch with the bitcoin technology from a youtube video on corbett report channel i am thrilled to realize that this is the most important moment in history of humankind, will leave industrial revolution and other social and economic shifts on our society so small in comparison of this great tool that will be the stepping stone for a resource based economy (zeitgeist fan Grin)

More people died in wars and poverty because of this scarcity system than any other cause in our history, and here we are living the exact moment that its invented a system that solves the problem in the most simple and elegant way.

Sorry for the long and a little off topic post but here in south america nobody knows about bitcoins, if you look on the nodes map (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=https://smsz.net/btcStats/bitcoin.kml) south america is the most scarce area for bitcoin so i really need some support to bring this coins down here.

Thanks all and lets build a more equal and sane society!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Findeton

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 12:00:14 AM

I must share with you guys that since last sunday that i get in touch with the bitcoin technology from a youtube video on corbett report channel i am thrilled to realize that this is the most important moment in history of humankind, will leave industrial revolution and other social and economic shifts on our society so small in comparison of this great tool

Your expectations are way too high.

that will be the stepping stone for a resource based economy (zeitgeist fan Grin)

Zeitgeist = scam. THey lie and lie, and lie, and lie a little more in every and each of those zeitgeist movies. Money is not debt. Capitalism may be a bad thing, but it doesn't work as they explain in those movies.

More people died in wars and poverty because of this scarcity system than any other cause in our history, and here we are living the exact moment that its invented a system that solves the problem in the most simple and elegant way.

Bitcoin is deflationary. Meaning that bitcoins will be more and more scarce.

Bitcoin Weekly, bitcoin analysis and commentary

14DD7MhRXuw3KDuyUuXvAsRcK4KXTT36XA
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 12:08:42 AM

Capitalism may be a bad thing, but it doesn't work as they explain in those movies.
There's very little capitalism going on in the world any more. Most of what people who dislike "capitalism" are objecting is more correctly called fascism or mercantilism.
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 07:02:28 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2011, 04:09:18 PM by jutajata

Your expectations are way too high.
Only time will tell.

Zeitgeist = scam. THey lie and lie, and lie, and lie a little more in every and each of those zeitgeist movies. Money is not debt. Capitalism may be a bad thing, but it doesn't work as they explain in those movies.

Money is not debt? Technically it isn't but our current method to generate money is through a debt based system.

You can learn more on this excelent documentary regarding how the money is created in our society:

The Secret of Oz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g

Bitcoin is deflationary. Meaning that bitcoins will be more and more scarce.

Wrong, only means that the value of 1BTC will increase, but that doesnt mean that is not going to be for everyone because there is 8 more zeros to the right so if each coin gets too scarce and valuable we can trade a centi or mili or micro coin for the daily transactions as buying a coffee and etc. Get it?  Wink

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
J180

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:11:02 AM

I turned off Zeitgiest as soon as they talked about Adam's Smith's 'invisible hand' being religious intervention (rather then a logical process). I'm convinced they were being being purposely and maliciously deceptive in their portrayal of him just to discredit him.

If they do that with something I know about (Adam Smith) then I do not trust them about the venus project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: