Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:46:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indirect way of buying Bitcoins  (Read 1462 times)
AlexMercer007 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 01:10:41 PM

Is there an indirect way of buying bitcoins at a low price than the market like buying altcoins or litecoins or any other currency first for a cheap price and then exchanging them for bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:17:35 PM

Simple answer no! If there was, everyone would be doing it hence bitcoin price would keep on decreasing. Even if there is such a "method" no one will share it with a complete newbie(and someone who has neg trust rating).
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:37:06 PM

You well noticed buying altcoins, but if you have any other way to buy alt coin than bitcoin then it's good.
But the risk involved here is that most of altcoins their price changes too often.
So it is possible to win or loose, but buying bitcoin under the market price can be only if someone needs cash very fast.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 03:58:03 PM

Indirect way that I thought about, is generating a lot of receiving address, then paying different people with different ips) to do faucet claims to those addresses for a week. But that would be a lot of work distributing the addresses among people, controlling they do the claims, and in the end won't get that much.

bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:07:00 PM

Indirect way that I thought about, is generating a lot of receiving address, then paying different people with different ips) to do faucet claims to those addresses for a week. But that would be a lot of work distributing the addresses among people, controlling they do the claims, and in the end won't get that much.

1) Faucets? Haha. Even if you had hundreds of people clicking for less than a penny, you would get maybe a couple dollars a week. Faucets are a complete waste of time and you are deluding yourself if you think that you can make a decent amount off of them. The time invested to reward ratio is horrible unless you have a rotator or you operate a faucet.

2) I think people aren't that stupid. Here's a thought: if I told you to do an action for me, and then give me the rewards for even less than what the reward was... would you do it? Kinda obvious that the answer is no.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:19:11 AM

i'm only aware of passive bitcoin income with faucets rotator, if you use a bot, or arbitrage with a bot, or any form of profitable mining
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:50:42 PM

i'm only aware of passive bitcoin income with faucets rotator, if you use a bot, or arbitrage with a bot, or any form of profitable mining

Bitcoin faucet rotators or faucet referral links are passive bitcoin generating methods. This might be effective indirect bitcoin buying ways for very less prices as we just put less efforts or less priced advertising for our referral links.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:31:26 PM

That's pretty much the foundation of the entire alt market. They're all waiting to increase their BTC with alts rising against it. Unfortunately you're exposing yourself to their markets which are a hopelessly warped free for all. You may get lucky but you're going to have to take a monumental risk.
seattlenonsmoker

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:06:45 AM

Yes you can do that but there involves a significant amount of loss in doing so. You will lose some money in trading fees every time you do such a thing.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:52:02 AM

1) Faucets? Haha. Even if you had hundreds of people clicking for less than a penny, you would get maybe a couple dollars a week. Faucets are a complete waste of time and you are deluding yourself if you think that you can make a decent amount off of them. The time invested to reward ratio is horrible unless you have a rotator or you operate a faucet.

2) I think people aren't that stupid. Here's a thought: if I told you to do an action for me, and then give me the rewards for even less than what the reward was... would you do it? Kinda obvious that the answer is no.

wrong.. i made a fortune off them because some of us know how to trade.

i took nothing and turned it into something it took me about a month and a half to get 1 single LTC (back in mid/late 2013)

you kids who showed up late with a fistful of cash from your bank know squat !

I started by going to faucets and and doing CPU mining and a bit of nvidia gpu mining on 1 pc
i made so little it was hilarious.. BUT !
I got skills..
I kept trading that handful of pennies into i made about $12,000 and then i spent it Smiley
And faucets were instrumental in me getting some coins to get trading with.

you kids don't know how to trade and are afraid of hard work.
what i did was HARD work.
what i did was learn the hard way too.. making mistakes losing money but battling back.

If you actually have trading skills you can take 1 single penny and turn it into 10 grand.

I KNOW BECAUSE I DID IT !!!!!!!

and the rest of you who went to your bank and took money out and then went and bought Bitcoins can be quiet.
you can speak up once you learn how to trade kthxbye

PS:
I was told unanimously by everyone everywhere i was wasting my time and i'd never make anything and i was too late.
and i have to admit it's been fun saying "I Told You So" over and over to all the little big mouths out there that know squat.

FUD first & ask questions later™
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 12:58:55 PM

Exactly. Faucets are hard worf for low earnings. But it does sum up, and certainly they can provide something to trade with and learn a lot about trading.

Besides, I have heard people despise faucets and then the same people saying that Bitcoin will go to the moon and reach 1000$ or more. That is somewhat incoungruent. If you think Bitcoin is going to the moon and beyond, then what you earn from faucets are not really pennies, but much more in the future.

There were once faucets that gave full bitcoins back in the time. If people had said "It is not worth the time to do faucets" back then, they will not be millonaires right now.

notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 01:26:54 PM

You'll significantly lose some shares while transferring from ALTs => BTC. Or, if you want to make some profit that way, you'll have to hoard the altcoins until it rises it's corresponding "BTC-exchange" value (which is quite rare and time consuming for newer altcoins)! Rather, I would like to wait for BTC price to go down and directly buy with USDs. That's the easiest way IMO Wink

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:16:43 AM

It's actually better to do what i said earlier..

Rather than making mistakes and losing large amounts of money i lost chump change.
When you first start out you -are- going to make mistakes.

For a long time i would simply flip coins for almost no profit.
More of a hobby.
I got satisfaction out of getting trade experience and building my portfolio up gradually.
And seeing even the smallest profit is fun still.

You guys who walk in with a wad of cash new to trading are missing out on a lot.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Gaugh

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:00:51 PM

Rather than making mistakes and losing large amounts of money i lost chump change.

More of a hobby.
I got satisfaction out of getting trade experience and building my portfolio up gradually.

You guys who walk in with a wad of cash new to trading are missing out on a lot.

I would rather trade and make no profit than trade and lose out. Worst case senario, I will hold my coins till btc price comes up.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:51:16 PM

More of a hobby.

I would rather trade and make no profit than trade and lose out. Worst case senario, I will hold my coins till btc price comes up.

It is possible only if large bitcoin accumulators stop making profit and decides to give bitcoin to users for the price less than the market value.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Inasin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:17:58 PM

I mine the altcoins and sell them for the bitcoin. That is my way of earning bitcoin. It is more profitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: