Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Deposit Not Showing. Straight Vanished. .1 BTC Reward for Recovery  (Read 1504 times)
oyveh (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:48:12 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 05:17:08 PM by oyveh

FIRST OFF - .1 BTC to the person that's able to help me recover the coins I lost.  

Ugh. So I've been using Electrum for the past year or so, never had any issues until recently when I upgraded it to 2.5.

I just sent nearly .7 BTC from a BTC ATM to one of my Electrum receiving addresses.  At first it showed up on the Blockchain and got to 4 confirmations, but it wasn't showing up as pending on Electrum like it normally would (+.7) or something like that at the bottom. So it definitely was registering on the blockchain.  

Fast forward to about 5 minutes later, and now there no sign of it on the Blockchain.  Literally nothing.  I didn't change anything, didn't update or upgrade anything, I literally refreshed the page and it went from being at 4 confirmations to nothing.  There's no transactions for this address anymore, there's no sign that it's ever been used...NADA.  

I took screenshots all along the way, and have blocked out some of the info that could potentially tie it back to me.  If someone on here, who has a rep for being a genuinely honest person, needs this info in order to help me recover the coins, I can provide the screenshots without the info blocked out.  

I have no clue what's going on here.  It's not the ATM, since the ATM sent the transaction to the blockchain and we were at 4 confirms.  It's definitely something having to do with Electrum.

Here's a link to a screenshot showing that there were 4 confirmations:

https://i.imgur.com/UcXeMUa.jpg

Here's a link to a screenshot showing that there are now zero confirmations and no history of anything. Literally just a few minutes after the screenshot taken above:

https://i.imgur.com/nWEciNM.png

Here's my electrum dashboard, showing that the address I sent the money to was one of my receive addresses:

https://i.imgur.com/KghXAwt.jpg?1

The address in question is the one that 16aiUKN as the first 7 digits.  I sent ~.7 BTC to this address from a BTC ATM, the transaction showed up on the blockchain, and there was never any sign of it showing up on Electrum.  Literally nothing. I've used this BTC ATM before and sent coins straight to Electrum using this EXACT same method, and never had a problem.  

Please help me.  If anyone can work with me to recover the .69 BTC, I will send .1 BTC to them at the address of their choice immediately after the coins are recovered and in my Electrum wallet.  I will only pay one person this bounty, but I sincerely appreciate the help that anyone is willing to offer me.  If there's any other info that you need in order to figure this out, without me disclosing anything that can tie this transaction straight back to my IRL identity, I'm happy to provide it.  This sucks! Thank god I didn't deposit more, but I really hope that someone will be gracious enough to provide some assistance.  I'm totally stumped, especially since it was there one minute and gone the next.  

Thank you for your help! Hopefully we can help each other!

EDIT: Maybe this is an easy fix that doesn't require additional info, but if not, I can provide more information to help solve this.  If it's an easy fix, that's an easy $27 for someone. Also, I'll be away for 10 minutes and then back in front of the computer at 1pm EST.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 04:51:38 PM

Try imgur.com for the pictures, whatever service you are using is blocked here.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:20:20 PM

Try imgur.com for the pictures, whatever service you are using is blocked here.

Okay, should be good to go now, used imgur instead.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:24:21 PM

Sounds like a corrupted database. Rename your old wallet and reopen Electrum and you should be prompted to either new or restore wallet. Restore should be what you are looking for.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:26:10 PM

the address that received the coins seems to be starting with 164kT, so why are you posting a screenshot of 16aiUK ?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:27:26 PM

Sounds like a corrupted database. Rename your old wallet and reopen Electrum and you should be prompted to either new or restore wallet. Restore should be what you are looking for.

When I try to open my old version of Electrum, I'm greeted with this.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="yQIxn"><a href="//imgur.com/yQIxn">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now I'm looking at this console I've never seen before...where to go from here?

Btw, working on a Mac with the latest OS installed.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:33:01 PM

Backup your wallet first which should be located :

/Users/<username/.electrum/wallets/default_wallet

Now reinstall Electrum and either recover from seed or from your backed up wallet
oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:35:04 PM

the address that received the coins seems to be starting with 164kT, so why are you posting a screenshot of 16aiUK ?

You're right, I'm an idiot for not noticing that. Okay, so it's just not showing up on my electrum wallet now.

https://i.imgur.com/TXLtMUj.png
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:36:58 PM

You're right, I'm an idiot for not noticing that. Okay, so it's just not showing up on my electrum wallet now.

Did you try restoring from seed?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:41:09 PM

https://i.imgur.com/TXLtMUj.png

Did you try restoring from seed?

No yet, that seems to be the move huh?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:44:10 PM

Bro just reinstall your wallet.. but before you reinstall the software just backup all important like seeds password and any important think like default_wallet or your user_wallet... after you backup all important things Make it rar. Then use iobit uninstall for mac after you uninstall the electrum click power scan then delete all... after that restart you laptop or pc then install the latest electrum wallet after install select restore then put your seeds then check it again....
After doing this post here again...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:46:33 PM

Bro just reinstall your wallet.. but before you reinstall the software just backup all important like seeds password and any important think like default_wallet or your user_wallet... after you backup all important things Make it rar. Then use iobit uninstall for mac after you uninstall click power scan then delete all... after that restart you laptop or pc then install the latest electrum wallet after install select restore then put your seeds then check it again....

Isn't that exactly what i said but you added a bro in there ?
oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:47:09 PM

Bro just reinstall your wallet.. but before you reinstall the software just backup all important like seeds password and any important think like default_wallet or your user_wallet... after you backup all important things Make it rar. Then use iobit uninstall for mac after you uninstall the electrum click power scan then delete all... after that restart you laptop or pc then install the latest electrum wallet after install select restore then put your seeds then check it again....

Okay, going to try to reinstall it after I backup the seeds and password which I definitely have. 
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:50:40 PM

Okay, going to try to reinstall it after I backup the seeds and password which I definitely have. 

that should not be necessary.
first try to quit the client and restart it.

if that does not fix it, type
Code:
wallet.clear_history()
in the console tab, press return, quit the client and restart

oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:54:32 PM

Code:
wallet.clear_history()

okay will try this now
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:57:44 PM

Code:
wallet.clear_history()

okay will try this now

He's got an old version of Electrum so he needs to update it.
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:59:15 PM

screenshot says 2.5.1

oyveh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

screenshot says 2.5.1

IT WORKED!

I feel like there were a number of people who posted comments that may have helped, and may have worked, but this was the simplest and it didn't require me to uninstall or reinstall anything.  Should I donate the money to Electrum? Or do you want it personally/  Please advise, and thank you everyone for your help.  

I don't know the best way to handle this, but your advice was the most simple.  If you want to designate someone else to receive it, I'm happy to send it wherever you'd like.
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 06:06:24 PM

screenshot says 2.5.1

IT WORKED!

I feel like there were a number of people who posted comments that may have helped, and may have worked, but this was the simplest and it didn't require me to uninstall or reinstall anything.  Should I donate the money to Electrum? Or do you want it personally/  Please advise, and thank you everyone for your help.  

I don't know the best way to handle this, but your advice was the most simple.  If you want to designate someone else to receive it, I'm happy to send it wherever you'd like.

I do not accept donations.
if by chance you have saved a copy of the wallet while it was not working, and still have it, I would be happy to take a look, in order to find out what the issue was
(remove all the bitcoins first, using the working copy, and email the file to me)

edit: if you want to donate to the project, I suggest you donate to one of the electrum servers

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 06:07:00 PM

screenshot says 2.5.1

IT WORKED!

I don't know the best way to handle this, but your advice was the most simple.  If you want to designate someone else to receive it, I'm happy to send it wherever you'd like.

Congrats Bro... Dont worry bro we are here to help you. anything you wnt help just post your questions and help we are here to help... Thank you and god bless...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████