Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:22:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction winner does not pay. What to do?  (Read 1176 times)
coinyoo (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:09:21 PM

Hello,

I started an auction over a week ago. The auction is over since a couple of days but the winner does not pay and does not respond to my private messages although he is online every day. What options do I have? Restarting the auction or is there another option? Thanks for your advices.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:12:26 PM

Hello,

I started an auction over a week ago. The auction is over since a couple of days but the winner does not pay and does not respond to my private messages although he is online every day. What options do I have? Restarting the auction or is there another option? Thanks for your advices.

Maybe he decided to not take the thing that you are selling anymore , but it's not really very polite from him to not respond . What you can do now is take the last Bid (the one before the winner) and consider him as the new winner of the auction , if there isn't any you should make another auction .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 07:34:05 PM

You can restart the auction or declare the next highest bidder the winner.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:02:52 PM

You can restart the auction or declare the next highest bidder the winner.

That is assuming next highest bidder still want's it.  They could have moved on since they did not win.  So really this situation could be different in a lot of cases.

Was the winner a low activity account?  Or what kind of account are we talking about?  As you can prevent some by saying if under "X" level contact first before bid.  Prevents a newbie account from messing up a auction.

But there is not much you can do to hold someone to buying if they decided not to.
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:04:01 PM

Hello,

that was the only bid made in your auction so you have no option left other than making a new thread .
good luck on your sale ...you can leave a neutral feedback on that user about his actions.
coinyoo (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:19:59 PM

Exactly, that is the problem. There was only one bid, so i can not claim the next high bidder as the winner.
Why neutral feedback? Actually, he deserves a negative feedback or is negative feedback not allowed for such cases?

Hello,

that was the only bid made in your auction so you have no option left other than making a new thread .
good luck on your sale ...you can leave a neutral feedback on that user about his actions.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 08:57:09 PM

I'd also hit him/her up with some negative trust on this Forum. It's lets people know that he/she has backed out on deals.

Then relist your auction and ban this member from making bids (i.e., ignore their bids)

vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:58:59 PM

i think you should allow to buy it the second bet shouldnt you? though its just my opinion i dont really know how it works
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:10:12 PM

I also searched few months ago about this,
But didn't find any concrete answers, personally i would put neutral trust.
If that member still continues then he deserve a negative trust at least.
This is more common to newbie which make high bids.
boliu

Activity: 267

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:12:16 PM

restart the auction, maybe include a disclaimer that if none payment, negative feedback will be left.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:14:11 PM

Hello,

If the auction was closed over a week ago. The declared winner and rightful owner of the items, provided they pay, is the second highest bider. If there isn't one then you must restart the action or keep the item(s) for yourself.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:20:49 PM

restart the auction, maybe include a disclaimer that if none payment, negative feedback will be left.

If an auction has been for a week or two does it worth restarting it?
It is really annoying and maybe the product you are selling does not worth that much.
And maybe you loose a bit the reputation because of these newbies that bid high.
smiletyson

Activity: 661
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:39:32 PM

1st: open a scam accusation against that user, and ask for neg trust given to this user from trusted members.
2nd: try to contact 2nd best bidder to sell the product
3rd: if 2nd step fails, then reopen the product for auction.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 03:49:47 AM

Next time arrange an escrow and ask the bidders to pay a token before they're allowed to bid, this way you can differentiate between real people who are interested in buying the product and trolls. And if the product is still available re-start the auction again.

christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:55:47 AM

Hello,

I would start a new auction if I were you. You can also pm previous bidders if they want to make an offer.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:26:03 AM

if you're not satisfied with the price besides the winner that is not paying, you have an excuse to have anothr auction and hope for a bigger price

what kind of auction is this ebay ones?
coinyoo (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:06:01 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 07:24:47 AM by coinyoo

Thanks, your first point is very useful. I am going to open an accusation thread [edit: btw, where can i open an accusation thread?]. Second point is not possible, I described it previously, because there is only one bid. Third point will likely be happen Smiley

1st: open a scam accusation against that user, and ask for neg trust given to this user from trusted members.

mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:09:53 AM

Thanks, your first point is very useful. I am going to open an accusation thread [edit: btw, where can i open an accusation thread?]. Second point is not possible, I described it previously, because there is only one bid. Third point will likely be happen Smiley

post you accusation in this section
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

with this format

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]
Copy and paste it in new thread then fill all data.

coinyoo (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:28:11 AM

Thanks for sharing! I pm'ed him a last time. If he do not react at all, I will make a post at the accusation thread.

post you accusation in this section
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

with this format

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]
Copy and paste it in new thread then fill all data.

Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:37:53 AM

I doubt that bidder will get a negative trust for such action , I guess that dishonest bidder will get only a neutral feedback from DT with a warning not to accept his/her bid or something like that.
Offtopic: I like your avatar Grin

@OP since you made already an accusation thread, kindly lock this one and people will continue on your new thread. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: