Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Darth Vader replaces Lenin  (Read 570 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:24:04 PM

Have you seen that?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-34594262

The killer replaced by fiction. I'm not sure what's worse. Maybe we shall forbid all statues of known people. It's nicer to have statues of lions or eagles, otherwise we'll have to wait about 2,000 years. When you visit Greece or Roma, you can go to museums with plenty of old statues of people who were famous in their days, but most visitors have no idea of who they represent (except the emperors, of course).

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:58:41 PM

You beat me to it
I was about to make a topic just on this
The force is with this one  Grin
(The Funny thing is that this is now A Tourist attraction XD)

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/darth-vader-sculpture-replaces-soviet-leader-lenin-in-ukraines-odessa/540164.html

“The first monument on planet Earth to the Sith Lord, the supreme commander of the Imperial Fleet, Darth Vader, has appeared in Odessa,” Dumskaya.net said in its report.

The Darth Vader likeness, created by renowned Odessa sculptor Alexander Milov, maintains the classic pose struck by Lenin in Soviet-era monuments, with the left hand clenched into a fist and bent at the elbow in front of the chest.

Lenin's head has been replaced with Darth Vader's iconic helmet, and the Soviet Union founder's overcoat has been lengthened to become Darth Vader's cape.

Darth Lenin, the ultimate villain.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:09:51 AM

You beat me to it

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/darth-vader-sculpture-replaces-soviet-leader-lenin-in-ukraines-odessa/540164.html

“The first monument on planet Earth to the Sith Lord, the supreme commander of the Imperial Fleet, Darth Vader, has appeared in Odessa,” Dumskaya.net said in its report.

The Darth Vader likeness, created by renowned Odessa sculptor Alexander Milov, maintains the classic pose struck by Lenin in Soviet-era monuments, with the left hand clenched into a fist and bent at the elbow in front of the chest.

Lenin's head has been replaced with Darth Vader's iconic helmet, and the Soviet Union founder's overcoat has been lengthened to become Darth Vader's cape.

And what we can say about the router wi-fi that was added? Is the new force of the universe (Being connected to the web 24/24, even if can be that is just a network made to send ads of the artist instead of surfing for real in the web)

Lucas*

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:16:50 AM

You beat me to it

This act contains so many messages inside.
First they consider the Soviet era as a dark/evil one
Second they indirectly saying odessa isn't pro-russia since many people speaks Russian in that part of the west of Ukrainian.
Third it is a provocative act for the Russian gov
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:22:46 AM

Second they indirectly saying odessa isn't pro-russia since many people speaks Russian in that part of the west of Ukrainian.

Define "they"

As long as "they" are a vocal minority composed almost entirely of neo-Nazi migrants from Lvov and Ternopol, I don't care. The Odessa natives are firmly pro-Russian, and they despise the American puppet regime of Petro Poroshenko. Just wait for a few weeks. You will know it when the local election results come out.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 06:27:11 AM

Define "they"

As long as "they" are a vocal minority composed almost entirely of neo-Nazi migrants from Lvov and Ternopol, I don't care. The Odessa natives are firmly pro-Russian, and they despise the American puppet regime of Petro Poroshenko. Just wait for a few weeks. You will know it when the local election results come out.
No need to think twice before knowing that the far-right was behind the whole thing  Wink
But this statue is in a public place so even the actual gov is supporting this act  Undecided

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:33:58 AM

No need to think twice before knowing that the far-right was behind the whole thing  Wink
But this statue is in a public place so even the actual gov is supporting this act  Undecided

The Ukrainian government is a mosaic of various warring factions, which include oligarchs, criminals, and neo-Nazis. Not all of these factions are in talking terms with each other. The neo-Nazis such as Svoboda and the Right Sector control only around 20% of the popular vote, but the ruling coalition needs their support to survive.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:34:21 AM

And what we can say about the router wi-fi that was added? Is the new force of the universe (Being connected to the web 24/24, even if can be that is just a network made to send ads of the artist instead of surfing for real in the web)

It could be read as a mass manipulation tool against the people, or you know Wi-fi could be the Stars Wars communication tool used to contact other Sith lords, or we could just say that its the force and the stronger the signal the more power comes out of that awesome head  Grin
Or you know its all the more power needed to crush people Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:01:49 AM

So funny! Marketing manipulates communist values and structures like a boss. And even it emits red-wifi from its dark-red communist helmet.
This is basically anti-Russian propaganda. That's all.
eyeknock

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:26:08 PM

So funny! Marketing manipulates communist values and structures like a boss. And even it emits red-wifi from its dark-red communist helmet.

if this is just basically anti-Russian propaganda, then i think that they are doing it well, because as you can see this news is having effect.

maybe we can expect more of those "propaganda" types in the next months, we all know how are advertisers...

yep, maybe this statue is a "movement" from the gov Wink
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:25:24 PM

And what are they going to achieve from it? The wages have fallen by as much as 70%, inflation is around 200% and there are more unemployed people in Ukraine right now, than the employed. And Russia is the main source of jobs, with 3 million Ukrainian citizens working there (15% of the working age population). Need more unemployed people?
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:57:16 AM

OK maybe its me but who would want to make a villain replace a statue of a person you once perceived a hero now a villain because you are no longer communist. This is just me pick someone in your recent history as a non communist state that you would want to replace him with or perhaps a symbol of freedom. Instead you take someone who was revered as someone oppressive and replaced him with a movie character with the same qualities. Makes no sense to me.

elektibi75

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:39:54 AM

I think this is genius !!!   Grin Cool Cheesy

█ DARFChain █ DARFChain - smart escrow engine, based on proof-of-accounting consensus █....
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
• Whitepaper • ANN Thread • Telegram • Facebook • Reddit • Slack • YouTube • VK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: