Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin ever Crash and be unpopular?  (Read 1626 times)
Yoshimitsu (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:55:51 AM

I got a question, Do you guys think BTC will die out and become unpopular with no value of it?
Just to see if its worth investing in it.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:09:21 AM

It is possible for the price to drop to near nothing. However, there is also a chance that the price will skyrocket to a unimaginable value.
Yoshimitsu (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:15:31 AM

Not in the near future, I guess. I mean, if anyone here thought that, why would he be here?
In the long run, everything tends to crash. From information systems to big empires, everything.
Yeah you have a good point here. Its just that i dont want to keep my online money on something that might crash alot during the near future. But ill guess it will take a few years before BTC even start to be less unpopular. Might not happend ever aswell.
Yoshimitsu (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:18:44 AM

It is possible for the price to drop to near nothing. However, there is also a chance that the price will skyrocket to a unimaginable value.

Yeah true, its really hard to tell. At start 1 BTC was under 1$ and went up to 1200$+, then stabilized at around 200-300$.
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:46:54 AM

If you see Bitcoin as an investment then there is always a risk. No one knows what the future holds. You can use Bitcoin as a payment method without much risk.
Yoshimitsu (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:51:54 AM

Yeah well i dont see it like an investment. But i need to hold cash on it, so its just that if i have 2k$ and they suddently goes down to 100$ it would be pretty ugly Tongue
As i said i dont belive this will happend anytime soon, just a general question Smiley
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:02:07 AM

I believe many people around the world have the same idea as you. Many more will once they hear about and understand the technology. I did invest in Bitcoin. I believe the risk/reward is a no brainer - especially long term.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:06:40 AM

Yeah well i dont see it like an investment. But i need to hold cash on it, so its just that if i have 2k$ and they suddently goes down to 100$ it would be pretty ugly Tongue
As i said i dont belive this will happend anytime soon, just a general question Smiley

At the moment, bitcoins are being traded by a relatively small number of people. Therefore, the price will go up and down rapidly due to any good/bad news. However, it should become more and more stable as time goes by. User adoption is the key to bitcoin success.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:24:50 AM

there are only 2 options. 1= bitcoin will succeed and see the adoption rate go through the roof. 2= bitcoin is being replaced by something much better which makes bitcoin basically useless and lose support of the people.
Yoshimitsu (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:29:26 AM

there are only 2 options. 1= bitcoin will succeed and see the adoption rate go through the roof. 2= bitcoin is being replaced by something much better which makes bitcoin basically useless and lose support of the people.

Yeah its the 2nd option I'm worried about.. :/
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:32:23 AM

This should answer your question. Yes, there is a chance that bitcoin will be in total ignorance but I guess not in the near future or in 10 years. Bitcoin is still progressing to reach it's full potential socI think it'll be possible for people to just dump the coins if it promises a good profit in the future. Wink
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 3443

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:37:39 AM

The possibilities vary much as the outcome could be anything, it might go all the way down for sometimes and everyone say again the end of BTCitcoin but again it rises and maybe even it goes all the way up in terms of value.. Is it worth investing? I would say hell yeah, it's getting better by each passing day, the demand is growing therefore the longer it stays as it is with the potentiality of increasing in value further more

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:12:54 AM

Even if bitcoin turns to dust it'll have changed the world. Not much comfort for those invested now but no one said life was fair.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:31:54 AM

There is a slim chance of it happening, and that is if bitcoin is found out to be not secure after all. But for the meantime,  it won't happen seeing that there is a lot of attention and good news happening right now.

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:55:24 AM

it's wouldn't happen because every days the bitcoin users grow and more growing
and that is the proof bitcoin is more getting popular every days
simonloff

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:15:52 AM

Bitcoin is based on concepts and programming code. It means it has reasons for it's existence. If the reasons are not true then bitcoin would have turned ponzi 5 years back itself. So, as long as reasons are valid and needed, bitcoin will stay with us.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:19:57 AM

Sounds like its way beyond your comfort level OP.  Your better off waiting about 5 years when its mainstream and over $5k each.  Then you can buy when price is more stable.
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:29:42 AM

I think bitcoin will crash if there is worldwide censorship/shutdown of the internet. Anonymous currency will always be desired by criminals and persecuted people so there will always be some sort of niche.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:34:00 AM

I got a question, Do you guys think BTC will die out and become unpopular with no value of it?
Just to see if its worth investing in it.

Bitcoin will never die out, it can only morph into something different and better. As long as there is money to be made (and there always is) , bitcoin will continue
to jump up and down in it's price according to relevant news and events.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:49:58 AM

To say that it won't collapse is probably a statement of overconfidence. Fact is nothing is guaranteed. At this stage the biggest threat is the damage to its reputation caused by u related scams. I think overall future looks bright with good posibility that adoption will increase further and bringing bitcoin to mainstream.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: