Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent BTC price increase is a sing of a trend or not?  (Read 1253 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:52:32 PM

Hey guys,

I know most of us expect to see BTC price going up mid next year due to block halving. Personally, I ve been expecting this to take place February of March 2016 and then continue well after the halving.

However, we can see that BTC price has started slowly increasing since mid September 2015. 

Is this the beginning of a new trend? Will we see another price spike or just a gradual price increase? Maybe nothing is going to change at all but common logic suggests that the price goes up if the demand stays constant and supply halves, which WILL happen.

What do you think?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
eyeknock

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:00:01 PM

as you, i was expecting that he price go up around may 2016, more or less, it surprise me that the price is going up now because of the halving ( well assuming that this is the cause ), but if this is the cause, maybe we can start to think that bitcoin price will grow up more than expected Wink
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:10:38 PM

Maybe we'll hit $300, but I don't think it's going to create much of a trend...it'll definitely be nice if it does, but I don't think that's what is going to happen right now. And remember last time that happened and we went up to $1000? Gotta make sure it's sustainable. Smiley

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:26:59 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 02:49:35 PM by Lauda

Please move your thread in the Speculation section. Anyone who answers here will be speculating and most will not be using any indicators either. Obviously everyone is hoping that the price increase continues. It would be good if the price would stabilize at ~ $300, however that might be a bit too soon. There's some increasing demand at the moment.

And remember last time that happened and we went up to $1000?
Yes. Unsustainable increases are bad and unneeded.

Update:
lauda for global mod 2015
Thanks.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

For me, I don't consider it a trend yet, but it is somehow similar to what happened in 2012 up to ath at 2013. Also, I don't want to see another bubble forming again and pop right into our faces. Just like what DiamondCardz said, this time we need to make it more sustainable.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:31:22 PM

bla bla bla

another post asking why the price has moved 10%..

give it time and the question will be asked why it moves in the other direction..

in short my answer is
.. the price moves.. it goes up, it goes down. it can be stagnant it can be volitile..
its how trading goes..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:32:36 PM

Please move your thread in the Speculation section. Anyone who answers here will be speculating and most will not be using any indicators either.

lauda for global mod 2015

And remember last time that happened and we went up to $1000?
Yes. Unsustainable increases are bad and unneeded.

I just feel sorry for whoever bought right on the peak above $1000 as they thought it was going to keep rising.

Poor soul.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:33:34 PM

For me, I don't consider it a trend yet, but it is somehow similar to what happened in 2012 up to ath at 2013. Also, I don't want to see another bubble forming again and pop right into our faces. Just like what DiamondCardz said, this time we need to make it more sustainable.

Well, I believe if all the exchange sites supplying the bitcoins to people remain legit and don't pull a Gox move then we will be fine.. The thing is, is that the more people see the prices moving up, I believe, will create panic buys.  This is especially true when regarding if the price spikes up like $100 at any given time.

Another thing we would have to consider is what influence the upcoming coin auction the government is doing... I personally don't see how this will be a negative influence in the price, but a lot of people are worried about a full out dump after or below it... so I guess it's nice to speculate on that too.

dothebeats
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:40:38 PM

-snip-
Another thing we would have to consider is what influence the upcoming coin auction the government is doing... I personally don't see how this will be a negative influence in the price, but a lot of people are worried about a full out dump after or below it... so I guess it's nice to speculate on that too.

I never really see significant price changes during the past auctions because I think, the winning bidders keep the coins as-is and not dump directly. But you are right on that, as people tend to think that a large amount of coins is going to be dumped at once after an auction, which seems to be false so far.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:44:38 PM

as you, i was expecting that he price go up around may 2016, more or less, it surprise me that the price is going up now because of the halving ( well assuming that this is the cause ), but if this is the cause, maybe we can start to think that bitcoin price will grow up more than expected Wink

this is not the cause for sure, there is still a long way to go for the halving, it must be because of europe vat free thing and other minor stuff like that

for every good news manipulator, try to suck noob investors in their playing
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:55:34 PM

I think the price will gradually increase until the $300 mark until beginning of next year and upon the halving to go around $350 and not further at least for now but again we can't be sure for a fact as a lot of complications could directly affect the price value of BTCitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:05:33 PM

If we finish the next week in green on the weekly charts then we haven't been in green for so many weeks in a row since the last bubble.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:38:12 PM

As we all know, China moves the market now and this is why I am reluctant to support my own theory 100%. We all know these guys dont really care about market trends, with China it s pump and dump most of the time.

That being said, I see no reason why BTC would not follow LTC halving pattern, even go way above that. After all BTC s much more present in media and this is what creates fuzz and price snowballs.  

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:14:52 PM

Could it be that we are finally experiencing some organic growth in the Bitcoin userbase after a year of stagnancy and pessimist investors getting out of BTC?
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:20:16 PM

it's called the halving trend. i do hope it won't end after the block halving. the support at levels as $400 will be much stronger due to less supply.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 05:36:50 PM

Could it be that we are finally experiencing some organic growth in the Bitcoin userbase after a year of stagnancy and pessimist investors getting out of BTC?

Could be organic growth, but I think the current rate is still a tad bit too high to be sustained and call it "organic growth". Could be seen as a market correction due to BTC being generally undervalued, though. At least that's what I believe the price is doing - being corrected to around $300.

photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 05:39:20 PM

Well if you consider that the prior price spike to over $1000 USD was imo a product of careful manipulation and blind speculation I think the price of btc now vs. other old type money is driven by legit supply and demand and less speculation.

As long as the supply and reward parameters remain intact with bitcoin and no other major 'closed source' changes are put in play over a very long period of time I would expect bitcoin to continue to rise in value. If the supply of btc is fixed and the 'exchange' rates to other forms of value like Euros , Dollars, Yen ect (which will continue over time to increase their supply to infinity) it is very likely in a market free of manipulation btc will over the long term always rise in 'value' proportional to these others.

Still there are no guarantees ....

koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:41:23 PM

Within this year we have seen that there is massive support around 210$ and it feels like btc wont drop below 200 even on a retest.
I think that's the main reason for the price increase. People are more confident now to hold bitcoin as store of value. Imo thats why there is more demand.
dothebeats
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:34:02 PM

it's called the halving trend. i do hope it won't end after the block halving. the support at levels as $400 will be much stronger due to less supply.

No one knows for sure. Basic concept is, if demand remains high on the halving of mineable coins, proce would appreciate. Next week, if we remained green or didn't go down, we could probably test the price on higher levels to see where this baby would take us.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:21:00 PM

Hey guys,

I know most of us expect to see BTC price going up mid next year due to block halving. Personally, I ve been expecting this to take place February of March 2016 and then continue well after the halving.

However, we can see that BTC price has started slowly increasing since mid September 2015. 

Is this the beginning of a new trend? Will we see another price spike or just a gradual price increase? Maybe nothing is going to change at all but common logic suggests that the price goes up if the demand stays constant and supply halves, which WILL happen.

What do you think?

I thought all the other rallies were the start of the big up-trend, so if I tell you this is another false alarm, then we might finally get the real thing.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: