Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer tag: PatrickHarnett  (Read 39248 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 11:33:49 AM

Maybe next time people will ask for a credit report before loaning money to a stranger.  That is what they are for.

Please don't give the starfish any ideas for his next ratings adventure.
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 08:19:17 AM

Maybe next time people will ask for a credit report before loaning money to a stranger.  That is what they are for.

For the record, his credit report used to look fine.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 09:11:04 AM

For the record, his credit report used to look fine.

If he hasn't defaulted on anything which gets reported to credit reporting agencies, it still will.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 09:19:03 AM

Congratulations to JoelKatz and Namworld. You both made a remarkable example of philosophical debate over the evidence available. I suspect the your recent posts were decisive to issue the scammer tag.

(...)

...and MPOE-PR, improve your speech, it is annoying and offensive. You can do better than that.

He got the tag because of Kraken.

Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:16:34 PM

He got the tag because of Kraken.

Scammer-tagged. He is obviously guilty of breaking his contracts here and in the MPOE-PR case, and he apparently hasn't been talking to his victims or arranging repayments. The tag can maybe be removed if he negotiates a reasonable repayment plan and makes payments for a while.

Apparently for both.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 11:41:53 PM

The Kraken shit kind of made it moot to argue about whether his intentions might have been honorable on this other stuff, since Kraken was a brazen scam.  However, I think his earlier actions can certainly be judged in the light that a person who would perpetrate the Kraken scam was probably never trustworthy in the first place.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 12:52:30 PM

If Patrick doesnt make a statement about all this soon, Well shit.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 12:54:55 PM

If Patrick doesnt make a statement about all this soon, Well shit.

At this point lawyers usually tell you to stfu. For 25 000btc you could afford some damn good ones.

gabbynot

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 04:10:38 PM

What's the total amount that he owes?  Any estimates?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 04:29:08 PM

I'd like to know what was the evidence or the specific issue that resulted in the SCAMMER tag.  There was way too much debating and defining terms and splitting hairs for me to keep track.

Hopefully this could be applied in other lending/investment cases (ie Usnagi) - if there are any similarities - that will certainly keep popping up.

Thanks.
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 05:26:22 PM

I'd like to know what was the evidence or the specific issue that resulted in the SCAMMER tag.  There was way too much debating and defining terms and splitting hairs for me to keep track.

Hopefully this could be applied in other lending/investment cases (ie Usnagi) - if there are any similarities - that will certainly keep popping up.

Thanks.

Basically, came down to his promise that deposit could be withdrawn anytime for Starfish or that any losses for Kraken would be covered personally.

It was pretty much a promise to take responsibility for any occurring loss.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 05:32:34 PM

Basically, came down to his promise that deposit could be withdrawn anytime for Starfish or that any losses for Kraken would be covered personally.

It was pretty much a promise to take responsibility for any occurring loss.
Also, there was strong evidence that, at least with respect to Kraken, at the time he made that promise he knew he wasn't going to keep it. The evidence suggested that Kraken was a way to bail out his personal Pirate losses and screw over his investors.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 11:19:10 PM

What's the total amount that he owes?  Any estimates?

Estimate is 20k. Roughly.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:09:21 PM

Has anybody tried to contact him?

BlockChain Capital
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 02:52:45 AM

I hope he enjoys the godlike ass reaming hes about to receive from ASIC.

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 06:50:00 AM

I hope he enjoys the godlike ass reaming hes about to receive from ASIC.

If I were him, I'd rather face ASIC than SEC, which is ALSO going to give him an asslike god reaming, I'm sure. Oh. The joy of living in some OTHER part of the British EmpireEarth than the US. You get to deal with local laws, UN laws, AND US laws.

And...really...used Kraken to cover his own losses?

That deserves a straight "Fucking Thief" tag if true. Scammer would be an understatement.

ianspain
Donator

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 06:02:11 PM

Has Asic and other corresponding authorities been alerted? Maybe if the community were to get together and get as much evidence in order to give to his local frauds and consumer protection task forces.

Was he from New Zealand or Australia???

thanks

BlockChain Capital
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 09:52:51 PM

Has Asic and other corresponding authorities been alerted? Maybe if the community were to get together and get as much evidence in order to give to his local frauds and consumer protection task forces.

Was he from New Zealand or Australia???

thanks

He's in New Zealand.  ASIC is the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ianspain
Donator

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 03:21:18 PM

perfect, I work in the financial sector and have many contacts.

We should get as much info on this guy as we can and pass it onto to the corresponding authorities, they're pretty tough on this in New Zealand.

If he doesn't pay back what he stole I think he should face his local fraud authorities.

BlockChain Capital
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 07:19:12 PM

perfect, I work in the financial sector and have many contacts.

We should get as much info on this guy as we can and pass it onto to the corresponding authorities, they're pretty tough on this in New Zealand.

If he doesn't pay back what he stole I think he should face his local fraud authorities.

Indeed. We're also working on this, feel free to drop an email / join #bitcoin-assets on Freenode.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: