Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 11:20:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-10-24] The Potential Impact of Bitcoin On The Luxury E-commerce Industry  (Read 333 times)
jdebunt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:39:00 PM

http://bitcoinist.net/potential-impact-bitcoin-luxury-e-commerce-industry/

It is no secret that most everyday consumers can barely scrape enough money together to pay for regular purchases. Some consumers, on the other hand, are more interesting in getting their hands on luxury items. Both types of customers have one thing in common: they want quick and convenient payment methods to complete their purchases. Can Bitcoin play a role in the process?
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 05:13:53 PM

Another article that is almost completely unrelated to bitcoin.

The whole article goes on about the increase in sales in the higher end of the e-commerce markets and right at the end the writer throws in the thought that bitcoin might be the ideal payment method. Thanks for stating the obvious.

For an article that is supposed to be bitcoin related one would expect the writer to do better research and maybe go into more detail on the advantages for these kind of retailers and how it will at the same time benefit the consumers in this segment i.e. FOCUS on bitcoin and not just throw it in in the last sentence in order to make the article 'bitcoin related'.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:35:01 PM

After my first read of the article it was not clear to me how the luxury business want to integrate or deal with Bitcoin at all. Seems to me that the article is more about the opportunity to use Bitcoin for luxury goods, but that is nothing new.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:55:15 PM

An article in search of a point? He should've told us about what he had for dinner instead.

In the big ticket space buyers want transaction protection up the arse. In that case Bitcoin will not be a winner. All this talk of security is a bit of a joke. The consumer really doesn't have to worry about that if they're using a card.

On the flipside there's a lot more to worry about for retailers and plenty more headroom for giving discounts with Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: