Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency earned 100% by Multi-Proof-of-Burn  (Read 39268 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:21:58 PM

Hi thelion007, thanks for taking an interest in BARR.

But I'm not sure what you mean by "bingo", since it doesn't apply to anything you said.  Since you didn't actually say anything, I can only guess what your point was supposed to be.  Are you saying that all 3 devs of these coins abandoned the coins?  I agree.  That's why we're trying to completely destroy these coins and their entire supplies.  If you have anything you'd actually like to say, please go ahead.  

It is pretty clear what I was trying to say, you've awarded yourself the biggest stake from those three coins you've accumulated through their extended down time.
Really convenient that your filtered shitcoin list ended up with those specific coins. Just don't play the heal the alt world card, your agenda is clear. It's just another scheme of which you will have the edge, starting with these 3 coins and those redeemable later on that you could (benefit of the doubt) be currently accumulating. I will say no more unless my post gets deleted.

fair enough- however I might add another angle, and that is that of course people taking the initiative have got the edge.
idea, initiative, risk- get rewarded.

of course, this definition discounts dishonest schemes, but I do not think that this project is dishonest.
if there is potential benefit for a lot of people involved, why should the initiator not have an edge?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:16:03 PM

I don't even see it as an edge or advantage for us.  I hold these coins, but so do a lot of other people, and we're just exchanging them for another coin.  In the case of Sapience in particular, I paid over .0002BTC for a lot of my coins.  I've averaged down closer to .00015, but I don't think I'm giving myself a bonus by exchanging them at half that rate.  I'm still losing money, while anyone who buys during the exchange at 7500 will have an advantage over me and get their BARR cheaper than me when they exchange their Sapience. 

Of course people will suspect something dishonest, since that's what usually happens.  But I don't see anything dishonest about us burning our own coins.

Think about it like this:  What would people say if we started this project and didn't burn our own coins?  "Why should anyone else burn their coins if the devs won't even burn their own?"

Some people will say it's a scam because we're burning our own coins, but they would also say it was a scam if we didn't.  Since we can't stop people from saying that, no matter what we do, we're just going to let people see for themselves.

If we started by burning a coin we don't own any of - let's say ULTC - that coin would have plenty of its own whales.  Every coin will have both small and large holders.  The difference is that we don't know any ULTC whales, so we have no way of getting them to participate in a brand new project.  We need to start with our own coins and lead by example, because nobody else is going to do it until we get it going ourselves.

If we started by burning ULTC, and nobody participated, then this project would seem like a complete failure to everyone.  Then we wouldn't have much chance of creating buzz and getting participation for the next coin.  So even though I don't hold any ULTC, I would try to become a ULTC whale during the exchange period, in order to make sure some ULTC gets burned.

I think that's one thing people aren't understanding - we want to burn as much of these coins as we can, up to 100% of the entire supply.  That means if we're not whales already, we're going to try and become whales in every coin we offer.  And then we're going to burn it all.  The fact that I'm personally a whale in our launch coins makes perfect sense, rather than being anything negative.  It's a big reason why this project will work, and there's no other way it could be done.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
BARR_Official (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 05:54:07 PM

Still working on the full list of altcoins, but we've all been distracted today playing with the new release of FreeMarket. 

An ebay-type service on the NXT blockchain, no Paypal, fully decentralized.  This is the kind of thing that will really change the world.   

And you can even use it without a NXT client at freemarketlite.cc

Anyway, back to work for now.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:45:22 PM

————————————————————————

BARR - Burning Altcoins for Redemption & Reduction

Raising the BARR by Reducing Supply

1st Coin using Multi-Proof-of-Burn

Launch date November 1, 2015

http://barr.me

NXT Asset I.D. 7823929696462256005

————————————————————————

————————————————————————

Burning Altcoins for Redemption and Reduction is a new cryptocurrency on the NXT Asset Exchange.

BARR is only earned via Proof-of-Burn, in exchange for altcoins which are permanently destroyed via burn addresses.  
Our goal is to absorb entire altcoin networks and their users,
burning their coins,
redeeming those coins with BARR,
and reducing the total number of altcoins on the market.

Watching this thread principally for : Burning Altcoins for Redemption and Reduction, But I'm not very sure about that it be the best way.

Anyway you got +1 for Burning Altcoins Redemption and Reduction idea.

and  -1 for: Our goal is to absorb entire altcoin networks and their users.

and +1 for: reducing the total number of altcoins on the market.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:08:07 PM

————————————————————————

————————————————————————

PLEASE NOTE:

BARR does not burn or destroy other people’s coins;  that would be impossible.
It is up to the holders of these coins to burn them, and only if they choose.

BARR is not an attack on you or other holders of your altcoin,
because only you and other holders of your altcoin can burn your coins.  

The choice is yours,
and any holders who choose to participate in BARR redemption are voting with their coins when they send them to the burn address.

————————————————————————

————————————————————————
NXT Asset I.D. 7823929696462256005
————————————————————————

If someone decide burn some BTC buying some shitcoins in the exchanges and burning this is another way,
But I insist that it is not the better way. A cleaning process could be more oriented to reduce the shitcoins and scamcoins without create another because only burn coins it don´t stop the entire  blokchain .  
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 08:42:37 PM

Watching this thread principally for : Burning Altcoins for Redemption and Reduction, But I'm not very sure about that it be the best way.

Thanks!  Looks like we end up with a total of +1.

But if we want to reduce the number of altcoins, those coins and users will have to go somewhere.  That's why we're invited them to be absorbed into BARR.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:06:47 PM

Thanks!  Looks like we end up with a total of +1.

But if we want to reduce the number of altcoins, those coins and users will have to go somewhere.  That's why we're invited them to be absorbed into BARR.

Ok Agree,

But it is a little different to: absorb entire altcoin networks and their users. For now we could let this on:
The less coins the better without going to extremes.
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 10:16:34 PM

Ok Agree,

But it is a little different to: absorb entire altcoin networks and their users. For now we could let this on:

That is beyond our control.  Users will decide how many coins to burn.  If they burn 100% of a coin's supply, then the coin stops running. 

If we reduce the number of Fractalcoins by 1,000,000, then we've also reduced the number of Altcoins by 1. 

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 01:54:18 PM

Funny idea.

Good luck with it Smiley

Thanks! 

Everything is ready for launch, and the 1st burn period starts Saturday at Midnight.  Message us at this account to burn your Fractalcoin, Keycoin, or Sapience.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

Thanks!  Looks like we end up with a total of +1.

But if we want to reduce the number of altcoins, those coins and users will have to go somewhere.  That's why we're invited them to be absorbed into BARR.

Ok Agree,

I did the previous commentary before or read about your thread about  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181883.0

@runpaint  because you are a serious Nxt enthusiast and you bring to us all the evidence of  BanxShares,  But now  I could ask:

NXT based Barr.me project the idea of this project from my point of view is good but somewhat excessive, now comes the most important, Is it legitim? As does Nxt to avoid the same problems?  I have missing that part too, Or is just the fact of following blindly trusting on devs and promoters of the coins.

And after come the next: BanxShares will not be eligible for BARR burn redemption, because of the significant percentage of premined funds held by developers.So this sounds a bit strange considering the purpose of Barr.me project, So in the best of cases the investors of Banxshares could be reimbursed but if this doesnot happens, Then what?   Barr.me project is unable and apart from that is not required to do so change barr for Banxshares so finally also it reflects that this will not be very effective with anothers coins or shares/tokens.

So I could appoint that:
                               * I'm not very sure about that it be the best way
                               *So Barr dont cant stop entire blockchains(speaking of scamcoins for example) its can only  divide to the community even more.
                               *Or is just the fact of following blindly trusting on devs and promoters of the coins.

And only for clarify: I could keep watching this thread because I'm agree that  Reduction of the coins is neccesary maybe dont of this way so I could  mention that I'm not a supporter of Barr.
runpaint

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:09:33 PM

@runpaint  because you are a serious Nxt enthusiast and you bring to us all the evidence of  BanxShares,  But now  I could ask:

NXT based Barr.me project the idea of this project from my point of view is good but somewhat excessive, now comes the most important, Is it legitim? As does Nxt to avoid the same problems?  I have missing that part too, Or is just the fact of following blindly trusting on devs and promoters of the coins.

And after come the next: BanxShares will not be eligible for BARR burn redemption, because of the significant percentage of premined funds held by developers.So this sounds a bit strange considering the purpose of Barr.me project, So in the best of cases the investors of Banxshares could be reimbursed but if this doesnot happens, Then what?   Barr.me project is unable and apart from that is not required to do so change barr for Banxshares so finally also it reflects that this will not be very effective with anothers coins or shares/tokens.

The supply of BanxShares is 12,000,000.  If 10,000,000 of the supply is still held by Banx, then swapping for BanxShares would benefit the Banx devs more than the actual investors. 

We want to redeem coins held by crypto users.  We don't want to reward scammers for hoarding their own premine.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:24:08 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 02:53:26 PM by bit1

The supply of BanxShares is 12,000,000.  If 10,000,000 of the supply is still held by Banx, then swapping for BanxShares would benefit the Banx devs more than the actual investors.  

We want to redeem coins held by crypto users.  We don't want to reward scammers for hoarding their own premine.

100% Agree,

However its dont answer the rest of my question.
NXT based Barr.me project the idea of this project from my point of view is good but somewhat excessive, now comes the most important, Is it legitimate? As does Nxt to avoid the same problems?  I have missing that part too, Or is just the fact of following blindly trusting on devs and promoters of the coins.
runpaint

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:46:55 PM

Is it legitimate?  Yes.

Does it solve the problems experienced by users of other coins?  Yes.

Does it require blind trust in our devs?  No.  The ongoing distribution of BARR is fully transparent and can be inspected by anyone at any time.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 09:28:35 PM

We've had some people asking which coins they can burn, so I'll sum up some details as a brief recap:

The first exchange period is from November 1 to November 30, and we're accepting 3 coins for burn redemption:  Keycoin, Fractalcoin, and Sapience. 

Because we want to burn as many coins as we can from each coin's total supply, we're only doing certain coins at one time.  We concentrate on those coins, and then we move on to other coins.  There will be a different group of coins accepted for burn redemption during December.

Sending coins to provable burn addresses is the only way to make sure those coins can never be spent again.  When we burn a coin, it has to have a working block explorer so the transactions are publicly available to everyone, so that anyone can see for themselves that the coins have actually been burned.  If the blockchain isn't working or the coins can't be sent, then we can't accept that coin for burn redemption at least until it gets fixed. 

3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:35:27 PM

I'd like to ask that Craigscoin be added to the list for December.

3r197

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:44:33 PM

Craigscoin blockexplorer can be found here: http://craig.explorer.bitnodes.net/

I'm trying to get Cryptsy to unlock their Craigscoin wallet.
The support ticket is still open and waiting for a response from Mullick

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 09:47:19 PM

I'd like to ask that Craigscoin be added to the list for December.

We've been needing more requests, thanks!

If you read the first page, you'll see that there are a few things a coin needs, in order for the process to work.  Craigscoin is listed at Cryptsy, so it qualifies for having an active market.

A working block explorer is a must-have.  The one at https://www.blockexperts.com/craig is not running, but there's another one that works at http://craig.explorer.bitnodes.net and it says the current supply is 30,075,746.  

Now we will need to see if we have a provable burn address that works, which shouldn't be a problem.

But are you able to send coins from your wallet?  If the wallet or blockchain isn't working properly, then you won't be able to send the coins to the burn address.  

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 09:48:58 PM

They have it locked for withdrawals as well as deposits?  That's not a good sign;  if people can't send their coins from Cryptsy, then a lot of holders won't be able to participate in the coin swap.  Plus that kind of means there's no active trading market.

If a new wallet is released that fixes the problems, then maybe it would be ready to go.

3r197

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:58:09 PM

They have it locked for withdrawals as well as deposits?  That's not a good sign;  if people can't send their coins from Cryptsy, then a lot of holders won't be able to participate in the coin swap.  Plus that kind of means there's no active trading market.

If a new wallet is released that fixes the problems, then maybe it would be ready to go.

Right. I'll ask them for a status update on the support ticket. There is no reason why it shouldn't be unlocked. Bitnodes.net is supporting a full node.

And yes wallet transfers are working, it's just that coinage somehow causes issues with maximum transfer fees and bytes.
Anyone know a way to reset coinage in a wallet without having to transfer it to another address?
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 10:07:28 PM

You could try sending coins to yourself, to consolidate them into fewer blocks.  But I wouldn't recommend doing anything until you talk with some other Craigscoin users who are familiar with the wallet. 

Some wallets have "coin control" which lets you see the groups of outputs.  If you have hundreds of deposits into your wallet (especially using multiple addresses), then you can't really send all those coins in "one transaction".  If it's telling you the transaction is too many bytes, then it's probably trying to send lots of different groups of coins at the same time.  Since you deposited them into different addresses, each address has to send its coins individually.  So when you try to send 20,000 coins, it's putting together all these little transactions, 50 coins, 100 coins, another 100 coins, etc.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: