Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:51:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency earned 100% by Multi-Proof-of-Burn  (Read 39270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Someone told !e the Barr burning is over so all my useless coins remain useless. This threads died now and noone seems to want to help me. I see no point of keeping this thread lice please close it. Thank you.

You do see a point in keeping this thread going, because you did.  Thanks!

No! you cannot close it!
I still read it, and wait for the next news release!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:44:27 AM

all who want to burn coins need to be more active in voting process
but
unclear why BARR team vote to "burn nothing", and besides, by considerable amount
it's like you founded the company and hung a sign with "CLOSED around the clock"
BARR_Official (OP)

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 04:56:50 AM

Still waiting on you

unclear why BARR team vote to "burn nothing", and besides, by considerable amount

It's been explained clearly.

it's like you founded the company and hung a sign with "CLOSED around the clock"

No, BARR is available to buy and sell, 24 hours a day, around the world.

Thanks.  I'm sure there are plenty of coins that could use some help.  
What are we waiting for ? Let's burn something right now, without voting !  Wink
it has not been for a long time and that fact is very very strange

If you buy $5,000 worth of BARR right now, then we can burn a coin with a $5,000 marketcap.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
41bja

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Still waiting on you

It's been explained clearly.

No, BARR is available to buy and sell, 24 hours a day, around the world.

Thanks.  I'm sure there are plenty of coins that could use some help.  
What are we waiting for ? Let's burn something right now, without voting !  Wink
it has not been for a long time and that fact is very very strange

If you buy $5,000 worth of BARR right now, then we can burn a coin with a $5,000 marketcap.

What if we burn the low (under $1000) market cap coins on coincap.io and then gradually proceed upward from there? It'd be a cheap way to get the ball rolling and single individuals could be more capable of burning an entire coin supply.
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 06:39:31 PM

What if we burn the low (under $1000) market cap coins on coincap.io and then gradually proceed upward from there? It'd be a cheap way to get the ball rolling and single individuals could be more capable of burning an entire coin supply.

Well, that could end up being a project where we're just giving $1000 to one person. 

What we'd rather do is find a coin that has a lot of holders, and turn those holders into BARR holders while exchanging their dying coin for our coin which would have more participation and liquidity.

coinomonium

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:22:04 PM

You destroy a currency in a period of few weeks.

We don't destroy a currency.  We release BARR into circulation to people who make their personally-held altcoins unspendable.  

Much people do not realize their coin will be currently destroyed, because they do not have the time to read everyday what is going on with their little investments. Weeks later they can see the shit. They realize after your action their coin is destroyed and they have lost all.

That is incorrect, and you don't know anything about how cryptocurrencies work.  It would be impossible for us to destroy people's coins.  Please google "Bitcoin" and learn about it.  Since you are a new user here and 2 of your 3 posts have been about BARR, maybe you should start on the basics of crypto before you try to understand what we're doing with it.

Is it right, BARR is dead now?

It would be interesting to know who switched their altcoins into BARR, which had been destroyed with that and hold BARR.
2x25BT

Activity: 732
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 02:59:35 PM

i'm sad to not know about this project earlier
why it stopped ?
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:01:01 PM

Is it right, BARR is dead now?

No, it's still working perfectly with hundreds of active nodes.  Someone put some BARR for sale earlier this week, and someone else already bought them today.  It all happens on the NXT blockchain where it can never be de-listed. 

But several of the coins we burned are dead.  Fractalcoin, Keycoin, Sapience AIFX, among others.  Everyone lost 100% of their money if they held those coins instead of burning them for BARR.  Also some people lost all their coins when Cryptsy collapsed, because they let an exchange hold their coins instead of how BARR does all exchanges on the blockchain.

It would be interesting to know who switched their altcoins into BARR, which had been destroyed with that and hold BARR.

If you really wanted to know who is holding BARR, you could easily see every NXT address on a block explorer.  Since you only have 5 posts, and 4 of them are on this topic, it's strange that you still don't know anything about BARR or how it works or what a block explorer is. 

Maybe you should come back with your real account, if you want to talk.

As far as I know, no person has ever lost money on BARR.  Do you know any other altcoins that can say that?

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:02:35 PM

why it stopped ?

It was too profitable.  Everyone sold their BARR because the price kept going up, so we didn't end up with many long-term holders.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 01:09:43 PM

why it stopped ?

It was too profitable.  Everyone sold their BARR because the price kept going up, so we didn't end up with many long-term holders.

Hello of all the coin/ token that you burned are there people who nominated to burn waves token and I would like to know if token and ethereum token can be burn or are there addressese to burn this two kind of token, waves and ethereum.

BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 02:05:16 PM

why it stopped ?

Hello of all the coin/ token that you burned are there people who nominated to burn waves token and I would like to know if token and ethereum token can be burn or are there addressese to burn this two kind of token, waves and ethereum.

No, BARR's current marketcap is only about $750,000.  We can't burn coins worth millions or billions of dollars, because we wouldn't be able to replace those coins with an equivalent value in BARR.

rentodev

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

romad.io - community manager

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:45:02 PM

Wow. I wasnt be there for a real long time. Smiley  Long story short - tell me what happened in brief.
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 03:42:59 PM

Wow. I wasnt be there for a real long time. Smiley  Long story short - tell me what happened in brief.

The idea of BARR was to consolidate failing altcoins and reduce the overall number of altcoins into a smaller number of stronger coins.  We burned millions of altcoins and issued BARR to people who burned their altcoins. 

But we didn't advertise like we should have, and we didn't get listed on altcoin exchanges because BARR can already be traded on the decentralized NXT Asset Exchange.  So we didn't get the exposure or the hype and pump that lots of other altcoins get even when they don't deserve it.  Then NXT announced that they were going to do all these other projects, which hurt the value and the public perception of NXT Assets like BARR.

Pretty much most people just sold their BARR and cashed out rather than holding it like they had been holding their altcoins.  Because they didn't want to hold those altcoins, they just weren't able to get rid of them at a good price until we offered the opportunity.  So they took the opportunity, BARR had a lot of volume, but we didn't end up with a lot of long-term users.

Since I wanted to support the price of BARR, so that we weren't just issuing worthless coins in exchange for other worthless coins, I'm the one who ended up buying most of the BARR that people sold.  I got rid of all my other crypto, sometimes at a loss, so that I could keep the price of BARR up and so no one else would lose money.  I sold millions of XEM at a loss so I could put the money into BARR, and if I had kept the XEM for another year it would have been worth over 2 million dollars.

Since not many people showed up to invest long-term money into BARR, the project mostly depended on my own money.  Every time we burned another $10,000 worth of altcoins, effectively it was just me spending another $10,000 because I ended up having to spend that much to support the price.  When I ran out of money, we had to stop burning new coins.  Because people just burned coins for BARR so that they could immediately sell the BARR - without buy orders, the dumping would drive the price to nothing.  Then if BARR was worth nothing, we wouldn't be able to offer it to replace burned altcoins at an equivalent value.  So the price of BARR is still high, nobody lost money but me, but nobody's buying either and basically that's where it's been for a while.

BARR launched with a target price of .0001BTC, which was about $0.04 at the time.  It's been up and down depending on the price of NXT and the price of BTC, but it's still around .00011BTC which is now closer to $0.79.  Of course it started at 3NXT and is now 14NXT, but 14NXT is worth about 5 times less than it used to be, after all the stuff going on with NXT.

Luckily I had some NXT sitting in buy orders for BARR, so when the price of NXT spiked and they issued ARDR to NXT holders, I was able to get some money back out of it.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:59:13 PM

Are you still in business burning alts? If so what are your next contenders? If you are concerned about being tainted by NXT have you considered swopping out to Eth/Waves?
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:09:43 PM

Are you still in business burning alts? If so what are your next contenders? If you are concerned about being tainted by NXT have you considered swopping out to Eth/Waves?

We looked at moving to SuperNET a while back, but I haven't thought about it lately.  I'm kind of familiar with the pros and cons of ETH, but I'm not up-to-date on WAVES.  Is it still looking like a project with lots of promise?

ACP

Activity: 612
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

We looked at moving to SuperNET a while back, but I haven't thought about it lately.  I'm kind of familiar with the pros and cons of ETH, but I'm not up-to-date on WAVES.  Is it still looking like a project with lots of promise?
Happy new year!

Your burn in dec 2015 is now 11.72 % total coins

http://acp1.servep2p.com:3001/address/1111111111111111111114oLvT2 (Was 48%)

We hit a high of 11 million marketcap last month

0.00016btc each or $2.65 usd per coin
with about 90k usd volume on that day.
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:06:22 PM

Happy new year!

Congratulations, and you're welcome!  I'm glad our purchases of 1 million ACP that we never sold had the intended positive effect for everyone.  It's impossible for a coin to get off the ground when 50% of the coin supply is for sale for $2,000 and still nobody's buying.  Those were tough times for altcoins, but the ones who survived are now enjoying a much better cashflow.

Although the crypto markets are much bigger than BARR, I know we helped a lot of people who went on to contribute to the current boom.

Lots of investors held coins that were only traded at Cryptsy, and all of them lost 100% of their money except for the ones who burned those coins for BARR.  The money we rescued was able to help keep the crypto markets from crashing, and now lots of people are enjoying the good times. 

Happy New Year, and 2018 is already a great year for crypto!

vindermarch

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:11:03 PM

Hallo Dev, I want to ask, why do not you create a logo for this big project you have? I have a suggestion, maybe better soon to have a good logo. Because a logo can make someone believe that your project can be profitable for them. Just a suggestion, good luck.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
BARR_Official (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 05:54:37 PM

Hallo Dev, I want to ask, why do not you create a logo for this big project you have? I have a suggestion, maybe better soon to have a good logo. Because a logo can make someone believe that your project can be profitable for them. Just a suggestion, good luck.

Hallo to you, and thank you for your suggestion!

ACP

Activity: 612
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:36:27 PM

Happy new year!

Congratulations, and you're welcome!  I'm glad our purchases of 1 million ACP that we never sold had the intended positive effect for everyone.  It's impossible for a coin to get off the ground when 50% of the coin supply is for sale for $2,000 and still nobody's buying.  Those were tough times for altcoins, but the ones who survived are now enjoying a much better cashflow.

Although the crypto markets are much bigger than BARR, I know we helped a lot of people who went on to contribute to the current boom.

Lots of investors held coins that were only traded at Cryptsy, and all of them lost 100% of their money except for the ones who burned those coins for BARR.  The money we rescued was able to help keep the crypto markets from crashing, and now lots of people are enjoying the good times. 

Happy New Year, and 2018 is already a great year for crypto!
I will stop by next year like always,
Hopefully this is a good year for all.
Take care and make sure to continue project even if it's on a new system model that can help you mid term to launch plus a distro that will swing both ways . I'm sure you have many ideas. Maybe a swap to a new platform would help an initial funding of barr that already exist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: