Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $300 before the end of this day or nah?  (Read 2831 times)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 09:37:26 AM

No, not before the end of this day, maybe before the end of this month, although I still wouldn't like to see that. We need to be careful and see whether this price increase is actually sustainable or if it's going to lead to another bubble like when BTC went over $1000.

it's going to lead to another bubble like when BTC went over $1000

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:41:18 AM

I think we can reach it, but expect a big crash after it. At $291 currently, $9 in one day shouldn't be that big deal seeing the recent price manipulation.
According to preev.com it says 291.5$ , however we shouldn't be happy about this because this price pump is without any apparent reason (at least not for me) so we will probably crash after those manipulators sells their coins ... we should expect the worst this time .

Halving, VAT, and Gemini, yea no reason...  Wink
Halving: Still far to go
VAT: Doesn't make much of a difference
Yes, by being VAT-free it means that no extra taxes are incurred for purchases using bitcoin. Keep in mind that goods already have a VAT so you will still be paying that, just no extra tax for having paid with bitcoin. Good news.
Gemini: Has a lot of publicity, unless its a pump by the twins, it has no direct (positive) effect on bitcoin
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 09:44:48 AM

No, not before the end of this day, maybe before the end of this month, although I still wouldn't like to see that. We need to be careful and see whether this price increase is actually sustainable or if it's going to lead to another bubble like when BTC went over $1000.

it's going to lead to another bubble like when BTC went over $1000

Even if it does, that's not an optimal outcome that I'd like to see. I would much rather see a slow increase to $500 over the next year than a burst straight up to $1000 which will soon collapse back down. What would it collapse back down to? You can't really predict that.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 09:52:01 AM

Even if it does, that's not an optimal outcome that I'd like to see. I would much rather see a slow increase to $500 over the next year than a burst straight up to $1000 which will soon collapse back down. What would it collapse back down to? You can't really predict that.

Yes I can, it won't collapse low enough to make you lose money if you buy in right now. the range for the next bubble drama will be in between 1k and 17k. Or to put it another way --- the next order of magnitude.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:55:31 AM

Huobi went over $300 but I don't consider that as an achievement. I am waiting for Bitstamp and Bitfinex to break through the $300 level.
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:58:55 AM

I think it could reach $ 400 until the end of the year. see now the position is in the $ 290 bitcoin.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 10:06:38 AM

Yes I can, it won't collapse low enough to make you lose money if you buy in right now. the range for the next bubble drama will be in between 1k and 17k. Or to put it another way --- the next order of magnitude.

I sincerely doubt the next bubble will be an order of magnitude higher. I don't think there's enough buying force or even a possibility for enough hype to be created for Bitcoin to reach 10k any time soon. It's just so, so unlikely that I doubt it. Yeah, if we do have a bubble we probably won't crash below $300, but...

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:24:46 AM

it's probably nah
but i wish tomorrow would reach to $300 and the most important is the price would be stable at that price
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:38:50 AM

Currently at $289. What do you guys think? Will we be able to break $300 before the day ends or be back at lower levels? Will it be sustainable this time?

Thoughts are welcome.

It's possible in late day trading as the start of the day was at $280
Whether it can push up another 10 dollars in 24 hours is the question.
Otherwise it should test that area by the end of the month with this momentum.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 10:42:35 AM

I sincerely doubt the next bubble will be an order of magnitude higher. I don't think there's enough buying force or even a possibility for enough hype to be created for Bitcoin to reach 10k any time soon. It's just so, so unlikely that I doubt it. Yeah, if we do have a bubble we probably won't crash below $300, but...

buying force? What about the buying force of the whole world? Your error lies in the fact that you assume that the world remains the same. There will be a lot of new buying force as depression kicks into other asset classes.

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:47:54 AM

$294 on preev. It looks like it will break 300$ on preev today. But main thing here is stability we dont want $350 and back to $ 270. I hope it remains stable.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 10:56:03 AM

buying force? What about the buying force of the whole world? Your error lies in the fact that you assume that the world remains the same. There will be a lot of new buying force as depression kicks into other asset classes.

I don't think that we are on the brink of a world depression, to be fair. People said similar things when Bitcoin shot up to over $1000 per BTC, and that didn't last, did it?

spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:59:34 AM

Nah, $11 in price increase in just one day is impossible
You must be new around here.
My thoughts exactly!

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:02:26 AM

I don't think that we are on the brink of a world depression, to be fair. People said similar things when Bitcoin shot up to over $1000 per BTC, and that didn't last, did it?

you have swarms of immigrants flooding the EU countries and you are calling everything normal? 0% interest rates have become the norm. still nothing? just because some people got it wrong last year does not invalidate their fears. for such large scale events you must give a much wider acceptable time frame.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:08:33 AM

I guess we will hit 300 briefly, correct to 270 and than start rising to 300+ again.

Timepath is difficult to determine, but momentum is gaining!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:09:40 AM

you have swarms of immigrants flooding the EU countries and you are calling everything normal?

Didn't call anything normal bud, but I don't think the refugee crisis will last more than a year or two longer.

0% interest rates have become the norm. still nothing? just because some people got it wrong last year does not invalidate their fears. for such large scale events you must give a much wider acceptable time frame.

Yeah, we had this thing called a world recession about 7 years ago. Recessions have happened before, but we're still around and kicking.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:15:23 AM

Didn't call anything normal bud, but I don't think the refugee crisis will last more than a year or two longer.
At which point what? Unless we kick them out the crisis is ongoing, not over. Simply stopping immigration is not nearly enough. And how will the political sentiment change enough to do that? It won't. A violent europe-wide civil uprising is far more likely than the politicians willingly deporting the unwashed masses.

Yeah, we had this thing called a world recession about 7 years ago. Recessions have happened before, but we're still around and kicking.
No fiat based money has ever survived. The entire world economy runs on fiat. A collapse of unprecedented proportions is inevitable, just a matter of when.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:40:53 AM

At which point what? Unless we kick them out the crisis is ongoing, not over. Simply stopping immigration is not nearly enough. And how will the political sentiment change enough to do that? It won't. A violent europe-wide civil uprising is far more likely than the politicians willingly deporting the unwashed masses.

I think this is more the fault of the US and rich Arab states, which are causing a lot of this but doing jackshit. If they step up the "crisis" won't be nearly as bad.

No fiat based money has ever survived. The entire world economy runs on fiat. A collapse of unprecedented proportions is inevitable, just a matter of when.

In a world like we are currently in there is no real valid source to back that claim up now, due to the massive globalisation of the world.

Also, that claim is esque to saying I have never died, therefore I will never die. No fiat based money has ever survived -> how do you know it won't survive until it is dead? You can never predict if fiat-based money will survive.

dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:42:11 AM

Currently at $289. What do you guys think? Will we be able to break $300 before the day ends or be back at lower levels? Will it be sustainable this time?

Thoughts are welcome.

yes we are able to touch $300 before the end of this month, the remaining 6 days and the movement so far is good enough 1 day +2.57%
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:43:18 AM

Nah. (I expected a poll.)

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: