Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:48:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $300 before the end of this day or nah?  (Read 2831 times)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:19:30 PM

It's a damn shame that you are not as intelligent as your avatar. Done from my end.

* DiamondCardz sighs

I'll repeat. "No fiat money has ever survived" isn't a valid claim to make. There are fiat currencies that have survived for hundreds of years, and this statement is not valid unless all of them collapse, which you can not predict with a 100% certainty will happen.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
!! pop

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:56:53 PM

It's a damn shame that you are not as intelligent as your avatar. Done from my end.

* DiamondCardz sighs

I'll repeat. "No fiat money has ever survived" isn't a valid claim to make. There are fiat currencies that have survived for hundreds of years, and this statement is not valid unless all of them collapse, which you can not predict with a 100% certainty will happen.

'No crypto has ever survived' is a statement structurally identical to 'no fiat has ever survived.'
'No [blockchain] crypto has ever survived more than 7 years.' Most fiat currencies have Smiley
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:06:23 PM

* DiamondCardz sighs

'No crypto has ever survived' is a statement structurally identical to 'no fiat has ever survived.'
'No [blockchain] crypto has ever survived more than 7 years.' Most fiat currencies have Smiley

Yes, but many Fiat currencies have failed and Bitcoin, the first and only real cryptocurrency ever is still living. So cryptocurrencies are here in a great advantage compared to the Fiat!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 07:09:50 PM

* DiamondCardz sighs

Yes, but many Fiat currencies have failed and Bitcoin, the first and only real cryptocurrency ever is still living. So cryptocurrencies are here in a great advantage compared to the Fiat!

Well, in all fairness, many other cryptocurrencies have failed...it's just that we don't like to talk about them as they were generally just creations of greed, invented to make a quick buck. Wink

Mind you, I'm not bashing Bitcoin here. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason, as I hate to see arguments like this which use flawed logic and fallacies.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 07:16:12 PM

I think you underestimate it by not including the factor of the unknown in the equation. every repetition of the history will always be somehow unqiue. perhaps "against all odds" type of unique.

So by that definition you must also agree that there is an approximately equal chance that you are wrong and I am correct, due to this "factor of the unknown".

well played, sir. Cheesy

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:26:41 PM

When the Chinese wake up it might go over 300, but that will be early tomorrow as defined by bitcointalk time. Maybe it will happen sooner because the volume has gone down significantly for the last few hours, and when it picks up it could smash a few walls. We had lots of pushes upwards since early today, and one more push should do it.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:53:33 PM

i actually got so excited when i checked the price today, last time i checked was like 5days ago when it was around 260 and today its hovering around 295-300.  Smiley
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:07:04 PM

i actually got so excited when i checked the price today, last time i checked was like 5days ago when it was around 260 and today its hovering around 295-300.  Smiley

I can't do that.I have to check the price at least once a day.
This must have gave you a big smile in your face this morning right?! Smiley
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:09:04 PM

I can't do that.I have to check the price at least once a day.
This must have gave you a big smile in your face this morning right?! Smiley
HELL YAH! I havent been able to keep up with the bitcoin news this past month cuz of all these assignments and essays to write. it feels like a victory right now, i dont even care if the price dips down again a bit. it just satisfies me to know that bitcoin going strong  Cheesy
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:15:55 PM

there is always the profit taking that will happen as now
the short termers, and the pumpers and dumpers
tbh, percentage rises and falls for btc are relatively small unless dealing with large holders and those sort of amounts are too big for the average person to affect, so you just have to sit back and hodl!

'when' btc rockets, as always in the past it will be fast and furious

this isn't fast and furious, just looks pretty sharp as bene in doldrums for sooo long

this rise is LONG overdue, been lots of very positive news

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:22:09 PM

There's a legit possiblity that there will be a retrace before 300$ is breached, since everyone considers it to be a psychological borderprice, so
a lot of volume can be dumped exactly where we are now; just a bit below 300.
But that doesn't mean the price wont push further later on, i'm just not entirely sure it will happen these days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: