Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Bitcoin wave is coming. Soon.  (Read 4744 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:48:40 PM

well in my opinion this would amntain like 500$ tops next year the fact that europe fixed BTC its not going to be full aceptancy and just buy also some sellrs of 300$ 400$ and would maintain next yeat to 500$ never 3000$

The OP hasn't given any solid reason for his hypothesis. Historical graphs can be interpreted in whatever way we want. You can take a pattern out of 2013, and say that BTC will go up to $3,000 in 2016. Also, you can take out a pattern from early 2014, and claim that it will go down to $30. Your theory is also no different. How did you came to the conclusion that BTC will rise up to $500?

OP didn't use any random pattern what so ever, he used the pattern between 2 ATH. And it looks like it is following the same pattern now over a much longer period of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:50:30 PM

Don't get too excited, it's not the first time nor the second that the price hits 300, although volume seems bigger this time.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:44:10 PM

I doubt that bro. I believe in bitcoin but by 2016? I don't think so. We hardly reach $500, how can you be so optimistic? Cheesy Plus, there is a lot to happen in the next months, who knows what price bitcoin will reach.

You can look over past movements, what is different now? while its still alive it goes forward and up. When the govs start fighting it for real will be the deciding moment.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 03:49:23 PM

Gotta love extrapolation. And loop-the-loops.

Look, I combined both for you! It's about as good as your diagram, no?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4473

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:57:49 PM

Don't invest based on charts, invest based on your faith in the asset.

Amen.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:42:10 PM

Cheesy

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:48:10 PM

Cheesy

Ahh, I love that xkcd.

By the way, in case anyone else saw, what the hell just happened on Bitstamp? If you were watching the live counter, it went down about $1.50 in 10 cent or so increments in about 20 seconds, before regaining it almost instantly O_o

This is so strange. Smiley

Yerm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:56:37 PM

yea clearly the prices arent going to skyrocket to $3000 but i still think its going to increase fairly high. i expect prices to be around 500 by the end of the year
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:36:54 PM

I'm curious to see what happens if BTC reaches $300. If Bitcoin crosses that line and keeps on trucking towards $350 then we're indeed likely to encounter another significant price-surge.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:54:27 PM

Oh great, a chart drawn in Paint. Could you please give a better explanation on this one?  I don't believe in charts until I see a clear explanation.

120 * 10 = 1200
324 * 10 = 3240

Anyway, i don't think it's a stretch to believe the next peak will be near $3000

yea clearly the prices arent going to skyrocket to $3000 but i still think its going to increase fairly high. i expect prices to be around 500 by the end of the year

why not?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:36:23 AM

It's important to note the coming wave may push this thing way way past $3000.  Do not go thinking that is the top just because.... Once we hit a tipping point he fractal pattern takes a backseat to mass euphoria and we could see tens of thousands or even as ridiculous as hundreds of thousands on this movement.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:45:53 AM

I think we may have an initial pump through November, then fall down and bottom in March-April, then a larger pump in summer 16
highaltitude20322

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:20:56 AM

I think we may have an initial pump through November, then fall down and bottom in March-April, then a larger pump in summer 16

As we get closer to the reward half I think its going to pump up pretty high.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:20:18 AM

That's the usual wave of any commodity. But bitcoin has break those when it hit $1200. Once it's started marching then there is no reverse trend. Based on the expectation on halving people are believing in bigger bitcoin prices. So, I expect continues wave towards bigger prices.
Sector (OP)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:44:08 AM

Yes these charts are clearly similar but don't hold your expectations that high.
I mean we expect raise in price but $3000 might be too much.

$40 000 will be too much for this wave. $3240 is not too much.

You know nothing, John Snow Smiley

If you will take only 1/10 sum of global online money and divide it on the sum of Bitcoins, you will see that it will be more than $100 000 per one BTC.
Bitcoin already has a volume more than $700 for couple of months.

Yes, I think that the growth will be in about 9 months. Not too fast.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 11:47:18 AM

It's important to note the coming wave may push this thing way way past $3000.  Do not go thinking that is the top just because.... Once we hit a tipping point he fractal pattern takes a backseat to mass euphoria and we could see tens of thousands or even as ridiculous as hundreds of thousands on this movement.

Stopped taking the post seriously here. Come on guys. I like some optimism myself but don't get so excited that you start making ludicrous predictions. These predicts of "mass adoption" and Bitcoin "going to the moon" have already happened a million times, we don't need to start bringing in predictions like "mass euphoria" as well.

Sustainable growth. That's what we need. Just like in a real economy.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:32:53 PM

Stopped taking the post seriously here. Come on guys. I like some optimism myself but don't get so excited that you start making ludicrous predictions. These predicts of "mass adoption" and Bitcoin "going to the moon" have already happened a million times, we don't need to start bringing in predictions like "mass euphoria" as well.

Because if anything, human beings usually can be trusted to act slowly and rationally in large groups, especially in matters of finance.

Roll Eyes

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:38:17 PM

Because if anything, human beings usually can be trusted to act slowly and rationally in large groups, especially in matters of finance.

Roll Eyes

Well let's be honest, sometimes price and hype is the greatest movers of technology and innovation. You think the computer boom of the late 70s/early 1980s would have happened as quickly as it did if everyone and their mother didn't recognize this is the next pioneering landscape to create wealth in? Huge money poured into companies like IBM, Microsoft and Apple quickly and fortunes were literally made overnight. You think the FOMO here is bad, how many people were risking it all to be a part of the next garage-to-silicon valley company then.

The same goes for America in the latter 19th century when we were industrializing at a rapid pace and before you know it society went from largely rural homesteads and decrepit cities after the civil war to skyscrapers, trains, automobiles, the telephone and electrification in just a matter of a few decades.

Fast Growth is a GOOD thing and a healthy indicator of a strong economy. Fast growth means people are producing and money is moving in a healthy velocity. This is why Bitcoin is at a critical point, it's had 7 years to change the financial and technological landscape and it is running out of time. It has to do it now or face growing extinct to be replaced with something better.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 02:51:28 PM

Even if it reaches $400, I'll be more than happy as it will be worth to hold the coins but $3000 is just too far to think of and expect it to increase to this extent. Currently, its decreasing and has the ability to reach $200-$180 soon which is a sign to sell the bitcoins but I am still holding them. Also, what's the source of this chart?

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 03:02:11 PM

The pump won't come until lightning, sidechains, and block size are increased.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: